This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
    Skydiver said Skiffy did it, not MGM. Or, as she said, it may have been a case of Skiffy saying "Pay us this outrageous sum of money or we won't renew" and MGM wouldn't do it so Skiffy killed the show. Skiffy's still the one with the hand on the guillotine, though.
    No offense to Skydiver, but it's only her opinion. Look at the article, look at the ratings, and look what MGM wants to do?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
      um SCI FI didn't cancel Atlantis, MGM did
      uh mods just said Scifi did it so I'm going with what they said.
      sigpic

Comment

If I understand right, MGM thinks that they'll make more profit if they go with movies only?

Comment

Ok I really need the email address for MGM studios!!!! And give them a nice long letter telling them not to cancel Atlantis !! Please help me find it ,oh I also had a idea to send them something that would show the massive fan base of Stargate , Think of something to send and put it here!!!!!

HELP SAVE ATLANTIS FROM THE WORST ENEMY ! "CANCELATION"

Comment

Maybe we should try to get as many SG fans with web cams and/or digital video cameras to post their views/response (rant) about the Scifi(or whoever did it, MGM?) channel SCREWING UP AGAIN. I think posting videos on youtube is one way to fight against the man. Unfortunately I have neither a digital video camera nor a web cam, otherwise I'd be recording my video response right now.

Ronon Dex Devil
            Sig made by my good friend, Sarah.

Comment

If I am correct, Scifi picked up SG1 when it was dropped by Showtime. Maybe now Showtime can redeem itself by picking up Atlantis! Hey I know, it's an idea! What keeps gnawing at my mind is that these pencil pushers who run these channels only see in dollar signs and in that equation we fans don't matter, neither does quality entertainment if the rest of TV is anything to go by!!

Comment

No...I was so sure this year! I haven't felt this close to tears since Farscape and Firefly ended—if it hadn't been such a good day, I think I would be crying (which is silly, I know...but I get attached to fictional characters). Why is it that shows get canceled right as their changes are providing payoff in great new stories?

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                  Skydiver said Skiffy did it, not MGM. Or, as she said, it may have been a case of Skiffy saying "Pay us this outrageous sum of money or we won't renew" and MGM wouldn't do it so Skiffy killed the show. Skiffy's still the one with the hand on the guillotine, though.
                  um I think sky's wrong read the articles. the ratings are up, SCI FI has every reason to renew Atlantis. MGM however...
                  While SCI FI has not yet announced a green light for that show, the end of Atlantis may clear the way -- the dollars available for original programming, that is -- for the next series.
                  Originally posted by Drizzt Do'Urden View Post
                  I think they're wrong
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

The GW mods don't work for SCI FI or MGM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Hey peeps - if y'all are members on SCIFI, go there and attack them!

set your weapon to KILL not STUN...

Ditto to MGM - if they are both responsible, then both should be held accountable!

This is such a <mod snip> up day...
                      sigpic
                      My Manips & other artwork!

Comment

what makes what the mods say right all the time. their just mods.
                        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                          um I think sky's wrong read the articles. the ratings are up, SCI FI has every reason to renew Atlantis. MGM however...

I think they're wrong
                          I can tell you this. Syndication ratings are down. MGM benefits from that not SCI FI. SCI FI gets first runs and then the reairs revenue aired on SCI FI. It is likely a ratings issue but not the SCI FI ones.
                          sigpic

Comment

http://groups.myspace.com/savestargateatlantis
                            My myspace group to help save stargate.
                            SGA: Save the Lost City! If you want more Atlantis, please sign the petition!
                            http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/SaveSGA/
                            The base of the SGA: Save the Lost City! Movement.
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=58008
                            My save stargate atlantis group
                            http://groups.myspace.com/savestargateatlantis

Comment

Now that's a way to start the day. Just got up , decided to take a look at Gateworld considering the rather early hour here....and then that.

Since I'm a "foreigner" and therefore not involved with SciFi I sent a mail to MGM. I bet my opinion is as worthless as that of an American or Canadian viewer if not more. But they are definitly getting some money from me (DVDs,payed downloads,etc).

Even if SciFi had the last call , the overwhelming enthusiasm of TPTB to start with their new "baby" was quite obvious.
                              I liked the movies after SG1 but they definitly showed , that it is almost impossible to wrap up storylines of a whole season in just a few movies. So I was still rather disappointed. Couldn't help it...SG1's cancelation came a bit as a surprise for the producers ( at least I think so ). Now it almost seems like it was done on purpose.

From what I've heard about SGU it doesn't sound THAT original. And why even bother watching a show out of a franchise that is treated this way. From experience I will know that I might have fun watching but will get an unsatisfying end.
                              Wrapping up some story arcs with movies due to unsuspected cancelation is one thing..trying to do it on purpose to squeeze out the same money with the next show is another.
                              I'm not sure I want to spend any more money on a franchise that is almost not cultivated.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
                              Spoiler:
                              Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
                              You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Whoever is "responsible," the show is still canceled. I'll be interested to see the MGM press release tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X