This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Horcrux View Post
    MGM what the hell are you thinking, just because the DVDs are doing great it doesnt mean you can do it to every series to get money. Please give us one more season, the last one to end SGA with the dignity it deserves. Give the fans the closure they deserve please one more season.
    MGM didn't cancel it, Scifi did.

My gut feeling, it likely went down the way i think season 11 did for stargate.

scifi said 'you want us to carry the show, you need to pay us X amount. mgm said 'nope we can only pay y' scifi: you need to pay x, mgm: we're only gonna pay y, scifi ; then we won't air it. good bye

SCIFI cancelled it, NOT mgm

Please direct your anger to the right place
    Originally posted by kymeric View Post
    Thats alot of movies!
    that 'we have all 20 slots filled', Joe is talking about all 20 eps of season FIVE. they likely do NOT have 20 eps for season 6 hashed out.

Originally posted by Valaslonglostsister View Post
    I say we have every right to get mad and express it! This is the second time this has happened to us! I am NOT very happy right now...sorrow has quickly turned into anger.

~Dani
    You guys can get as mad as you want, but remember

respect teh cast and crew
    respect each other

And even if you hate scifi's guts right now, do not go making threats or callinig them names. Keep it from getting nasty

Another thing to consider...MGM made a TON of money off the dvd's. More than it took them to make the movies. Getting the show off scifi might be just what they want to accomplish. See, if it airs on scifi, mgm has to share the money with them. But if it's a direct to dvd movie, mgm keeps it all.

This might be just what they want. Go from 20 eps a year and sharing the money with scifi to a movie or two a year - for the same amount of money or less - and they get to keep all the profits, which will pay for more. In other words, the franchise survives, but it's under mgm's control, not scifi's
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

They couldn't wait to see how Atlantis would perform in a different time slot?
      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

well time to go to sleep and dream about taking control of the folks at MGM and Sci-fi
        sigpic
        100 million light years away from earth:
        Doh!

please click the eggs or they will die . You don't want to be a killer do u?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          MGM didn't cancel it, Scifi did.

My gut feeling, it likely went down the way i think season 11 did for stargate.

scifi said 'you want us to carry the show, you need to pay us X amount. mgm said 'nope we can only pay y' scifi: you need to pay x, mgm: we're only gonna pay y, scifi ; then we won't air it. good bye

SCIFI cancelled it, NOT mgm

Please direct your anger to the right place

that 'we have all 20 slots filled', Joe is talking about all 20 eps of season FIVE. they likely do NOT have 20 eps for season 6 hashed out.

You guys can get as mad as you want, but remember

respect teh cast and crew
          respect each other

And even if you hate scifi's guts right now, do not go making threats or callinig them names. Keep it from getting nasty

Another thing to consider...MGM made a TON of money off the dvd's. More than it took them to make the movies. Getting the show off scifi might be just what they want to accomplish. See, if it airs on scifi, mgm has to share the money with them. But if it's a direct to dvd movie, mgm keeps it all.

This might be just what they want. Go from 20 eps a year and sharing the money with scifi to a movie or two a year - for the same amount of money or less - and they get to keep all the profits, which will pay for more. In other words, the franchise survives, but it's under mgm's control, not scifi's

And I think that would be the very best thing if MGM took control of the whole thing.
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

SCIFI YOU <mod snip> may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your trousers and may your arms be too short to scratch!!!!
            Last edited by TameFarrar; 20 August 2008, 08:39 PM. Reason: do not circumvent the language filter
            sigpic
            My Manips & other artwork!

Comment

Signed and joined everything. I even planned my Comic Con trip, now all I have to do is save up the money! I think I can sleep now.

sigpic
              Sig by me!
              My FanFic's

Comment

seriously MGM needs to MOVE SG TO A NEW NETWORK!!! There is obviously something up with scifi and the way they do things so get SG someplace safe.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  And I think that would be the very best thing if MGM took control of the whole thing.

except for the small matter of no more episodes or seasons after 5. all we get is a movie every 6 months. maybe.
                  STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

MGM pulled the plug. Not SCI FI. Sadly I cannot give you my source.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think stargate should have it's own Channel!

~Dani

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
                      Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
                      Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzt Do'Urden View Post
                        seriously MGM needs to MOVE SG TO A NEW NETWORK!!! There is obviously something up with scifi and the way they do things so get SG someplace safe.
                        um SCI FI didn't cancel Atlantis, MGM did
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Omg just got home and heard the news. This cant be happening again.
                          sigpic
                          Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by mckaychick View Post
                            Omg just got home and heard the news. This cant be happening again.
                            I know right! We need more SGA.....and MORE RODNEY!!!

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
                            Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
                            Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                              um SCI FI didn't cancel Atlantis, MGM did
                              Skydiver said Skiffy did it, not MGM. Or, as she said, it may have been a case of Skiffy saying "Pay us this outrageous sum of money or we won't renew" and MGM wouldn't do it so Skiffy killed the show. Skiffy's still the one with the hand on the guillotine, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Col.Errandboy View Post
                                SCIFI YOU <mod snip> may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your trousers and may your arms be too short to scratch!!!!
                                Please don't blame SCI FI, this is all MGM's doing. Read the article. It even said ratings were up and were at a high.
                                Last edited by TameFarrar; 20 August 2008, 08:47 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X