X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted for teyla

Comment

I voted Woolsey. Because I love Elizabeth Weir.
      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

As a CNA and someone going to school to become a doctor I'd like to see Keller go. In season 4 she was somewhat realistic at first. Then she became contrieved and got these titles, and became the head? She wasn't even experienced enough. I like how she also knew the cure to almost everything from surgery, to botony, to fixing Teyla to look like a queen then back, etc...

I also wasn't too big on Larrin as she made Sheppard look like a fool who chased tail too much. Come on he's super paranoid about Todd, who he has a working relation with, but he's open to trusting Larrin despite always somehow getting knocked out or tricked.

Comment

I voted for Teyla, she has always been the weakest character apart from Ford in my opinion.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Athram View Post
            I voted for Teyla, she has always been the weakest character apart from Ford in my opinion.
            Well, that's not so difficult to be when one is completely ignored...
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Well, that's not so difficult to be when one is completely ignored...
              Yep that's true. She is onyl the weakest character because for some reason or other TPTB refused to write anything substantial for her That and their obvious obsession with certain characters
              sigpic

Comment

Yes, Teyla was severely wallpapered, but that doesn't make her a weak character, IMO, because despite the wallpapering I've always been interested in the character. A weak character to me is a character that I have no interest in knowing more about and Keller is that type of character. I thought she was better as a supporting character than a lead character. Unfortunately, TPTB didn't agree, which is why so much of SGA truly sucked for me when they started focusing on her too much.
                sigpic
                Sig by Luciana

Comment

teyla
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
                    Yes, Teyla was severely wallpapered, but that doesn't make her a weak character, IMO, because despite the wallpapering I've always been interested in the character. A weak character to me is a character that I have no interest in knowing more about and Keller is that type of character. I thought she was better as a supporting character than a lead character. Unfortunately, TPTB didn't agree, which is why so much of SGA truly sucked for me when they started focusing on her too much.
                    I've always been interested in the character too So she wasn't weak to me. But the writing, well that's another story

As for weak characters. People I have or had no interest in whatsoever, characters I couldn't care less if they lived or fell into a deep dark hole never to be seen from again. Well that accolade goes to the ever annoying Rodney McKay. I didn't care about him one little bit. I just wanted him to go away. So I guess SGA really wasn't the ideal show for me given the gross over abundance of McKay in the show

hmm I knew there was a reason I've never watched any SGA since it finished *shrugs*
                    sigpic

Comment

I'd get rid of McKay and replace him with Zelenka. Also more focus on Teyla and Ronon, dammit. This may seem strange to a lot people, but once upon a time, there was actually a four-men team. Unfortunately, two of the people on the team were made wallpaper of, and they dissappeared.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                        I've always been interested in the character too So she wasn't weak to me. But the writing, well that's another story

As for weak characters. People I have or had no interest in whatsoever, characters I couldn't care less if they lived or fell into a deep dark hole never to be seen from again. Well that accolade goes to the ever annoying Rodney McKay. I didn't care about him one little bit. I just wanted him to go away. So I guess SGA really wasn't the ideal show for me given the gross over abundance of McKay in the show

hmm I knew there was a reason I've never watched any SGA since it finished *shrugs*
                        Although I'm still fond of McKay, I understand why people hate the character because just as Teyla (and Ronon) suffered from being underused, Rodney suffered from being overused. As a result, by the end of Season 5, I was sick of him myself, so I can only imagine how painful the Rodney-overload had to be for those who didn't like the character.

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
                        I'd get rid of McKay and replace him with Zelenka. Also more focus on Teyla and Ronon, dammit. This may seem strange to a lot people, but once upon a time, there was actually a four-men team. Unfortunately, two of the people on the team were made wallpaper of, and they dissappeared.
                        That's not a bad idea because without Rodney, the writers would have been forced to focus more on the other characters for a change.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Luciana

Comment

...so I can only imagine how painful the Rodney-overload had to be for those who didn't like the character.
                          Migraine inducing bad... and as I know how that feels from experience, I can sure tell that it's worse than that.

That's not a bad idea because without Rodney, the writers would have been forced to focus more on the other characters for a change.
                          One of my main reasons for choosing him.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Although I'm still fond of McKay, I understand why people hate the character because just as Teyla (and Ronon) suffered from being underused, Rodney suffered from being overused. As a result, by the end of Season 5, I was sick of him myself, so I can only imagine how painful the Rodney-overload had to be for those who didn't like the character.

hmm lets see. Getting my brain scooped out with a spoon - Having to listen to Rodney prattle on. Nope, I think i'd much rather have my brain scooped out by a spoon

I like Zelenka I would have had no problems with him being the main character
                            sigpic

Comment

I was sick of him myself, so I can only imagine how painful the Rodney-overload had to be for those who didn't like the character.
                              I would describe it as running out of a sauna and jump right into a big pile of snow. At first it feels nice to cool of (that's before McKay makes an appearnce in the eppy), but then McKay appears and everything turns painfully cold and you just want run inside and hide in the warm sauna until the horrible man goes away.
                              sigpic

Comment

McKay. Easily.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X