Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, all I remember from Missing is Keller I was annoyed by the whole "Where are my people" storyline for Teyla so I tried to ignore it.
    I focused at Keller and Jewel, instead. I really like Jewel. I think she is a very good actress and deserves the nomination. But, I have to admit that Missing wouldn´t be my first choice because I don´t like this episode. The Last Man would be better.

*runs and hides*

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      I'm curious about something....Wasn't one of the reasons for getting rid of Carson in the first place because once they made him recurring they didn't know what to do with him? And that we were trying to write him into eps where her wasn't needed?
      I remember reading comments about that on the forum but nothing I would take as fact, it could have been the reason though.

And if the wanted another CMO they should have made her like what they done with Janet Frazier.....She only came into eps when she needed to be there,they didn't force the issue by writing her into eps where there was no need for her.....That's what they should have done with Keller...Kept her recurring like how they done with Janet!
      Not sure what the writers wanted with Keller but it seems they intended to have a character the could develop because that seems to be what is happening with her.

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
      Encouraging people to hate you more is an accomplishment if you're playing a villain, but Missing was intended to make people like Keller. I'd say everyone missed the mark on that one.
      I was just making a point that despite peoples reaction to the character, JS did well in 'Missing' with what she was given.

I don't see JS bringing any great dynamic to the character. Any actress from a teen horror flick could have accomplished the same IMO. Screaming, crying, spraining her ankle and finally pulling herself together at the very end. The only thing unique she brought to the role is that I usually don't find myself rooting for the monster.
      Dunno I've seen some pretty bad acting / writing in teen horror flicks and with those I couldn't see any realism to the characters, they were just written there to be scared, scream, whatever and didn't seem to have any depth... Keller on the other hand does IMO and I could understand why she's the way she was in the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
        Well, all I remember from Missing is Keller I was annoyed by the whole "Where are my people" storyline for Teyla so I tried to ignore it.
        I focused at Keller and Jewel, instead. I really like Jewel. I think she is a very good actress and deserves the nomination. But, I have to admit that Missing wouldn´t be my first choice because I don´t like this episode. The Last Man would be better.

*runs and hides*
        I didn't really like the 'missing Athosians' arc, it just wasn't interesting to me but I did like Teyla in 'Missing'... 'TLM' would have been another good choice for the episode to recognise Jewel's acting, I really liked the way Keller was in that ep.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrir Foxz View Post
          Not sure what the writers wanted with Keller but it seems they intended to have a character the could develop because that seems to be what is happening with her.
          Couldn't they have done that with Carson though...Why bother killing him off..Also they won't need a doctor all the time so she's not gonna be there all the time so why not keep her status recurring?
          sigpic

Comment

Couldn't they have done that with Carson though...Why bother killing him off..Also they won't need a doctor all the time so she's not gonna be there all the time so why not keep her status recurring?
            that wasn't M&M's decision
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Different TPTB, M&M took over for S4 and IIRC they weren't involved in the decision with Carson being killed off... I'm not sure why Keller was stepped up for S5 in the amount of eps she'll be in, TPTB must have had more plans for her this season *cough* McKeller *cough* and some development.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                that wasn't M&M's decision
                Maaaaaaaaaaan.......Will you tell them to stop changing things.....Do they know how easily confused i get.......Please tell them how easily confused i get
                sigpic

Comment

Maaaaaaaaaaan.......Will you tell them to stop changing things.....Do they know how easily confused i get.......Please tell them how easily confused i get
                  I'll try
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I was just making a point that despite peoples reaction to the character, JS did well in 'Missing' with what she was given.
                    I'll agree that she was given pretty bad material to start with, but the goal of Missing was to make people like Keller. JS portrayed her in a whiny, sniveling way that I found incredibly annoying. She was going for the pity me routine IMO. Maybe another actress would have injected more humor or a bit of grit that JS didn't. Who knows? Since I haven't found Keller at all appealing in other episodes, I can't entirely fault Binder's writing. But to say she did well when she entirely missed the mark of making Keller more likable doesn't make sense to me.

Dunno I've seen some pretty bad acting / writing in teen horror flicks and with those I couldn't see any realism to the characters, they were just written there to be scared, scream, whatever and didn't seem to have any depth... Keller on the other hand does IMO and I could understand why she's the way she was in the episode.
                    Just because there's worse out there, doesn't make it great. I honestly don't see any difference in your description of teen horror flicks and what we got in Missing. Scared, screaming, no depth.... that's Keller alright.

Comment

Couldn't they have done that with Carson though...Why bother killing him off?
                      Because (yes, all pure speculation)-
                      1. You could not start a love triangle with Carson. He is too dignified than that.
                      2. TPTB are fanboys, and it was convenient because PM is not a big name like JS.
                      3. 'Shake things up'.
                      4. He isn't as young and pretty.
                      5. Keller would make a better best friend for Rodney.
                      6. He wasn't American.
                      7. Maybe no one would notice. Or care.
                      8. He lacks boobies, yo.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                        Because (yes, all pure speculation)-
                        1. You could not start a love triangle with Carson. He is too dignified than that.
                        2. TPTB are fanboys, and it was convenient because PM is not a big name like JS.
                        3. 'Shake things up'.
                        4. He isn't as young and pretty.
                        5. Keller would make a better best friend for Rodney.
                        6. He wasn't American.
                        7. Maybe no one would notice. Or care.
                        8. He lacks boobies, yo.
                        *Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! - annnnnd Number 8! We have a winner!!!*

Comment

Did I mention he wouldn't look as good in leather?

Comment

I'll agree that she was given pretty bad material to start with, but the goal of Missing was to make people like Keller.
                            If that's the case then TPTB were aiming too high because it is impossible to get everyone to like something. I think they were trying to give some depth to Keller and start the ball rolling with developing her.

JS portrayed her in a whiny, sniveling way that I found incredibly annoying. She was going for the pity me routine IMO.
                            JS portrayed Keller in the manner she was directed to. Who was she seeking pity from, the fans? I bought the fact that Keller was in a situation she wasn't prepared for and scared, I think quite a few people would have been terrified finding themselves off world in another galaxy, cut off from help and being hunter by savage cannibals.

Maybe another actress would have injected more humor or a bit of grit that JS didn't. Who knows?
                            If it wasn't in the script then I doubt it.

Since I haven't found Keller at all appealing in other episodes, I can't entirely fault Binder's writing. But to say she did well when she entirely missed the mark of making Keller more likable doesn't make sense to me.
                            My opinion doesn't have to make sense, it's my interpretation of Keller and how she reacted in the episode.

Just because there's worse out there, doesn't make it great.
                            When I can understand where Keller's coming from and why she acted the way she did then yeah it does.

I honestly don't see any difference in your description of teen horror flicks and what we got in Missing. Scared, screaming, no depth.... that's Keller alright.
                            Each to their own, but I did and continue to see depth in Keller.

Comment

I hope Teyla, she has been irritating me the past 2 seasons.
                              Originally posted by cowpants
                              ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
                              Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                              Rosilin for pres

Comment

If it wasn't in the script then I doubt it.
                                I assume you've never acted before? The script just tells you what to say and general direction. It's your choice from there on out and to sculpt your character on your own or by the director.

Comment

Working...
                                X