X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erised View Post
    who the hell is Larrin anyway?
    Space babe captain, dominatrix type with a kink for rope and was in 2 eps in season 4.
    sigpic
    banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Jill Wagner.

Comment

Originally posted by Hong3103 View Post
        Ford was the only person that I didn't have any issues with leaving the show. Larrin really doesn't play THAT huge of role in the series... I don't thin it'll affect the show if the writers don't touch up on her again.
        Yeah, they won't. Anyway, the one I'd vote for already left. Maybe there should be a "What character should be brought back?" thread.
        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

I voted Larrin. She's a very minor character (and she's rubbish).
          I wouldn't mind Carter replacing Woolsey, but that's likely not going to happen. To be fair, he hasn't been in it long so I'm going to give him more of a chance.
          I like Keller, I'm surprised at the negative responses to her. I don't see what's irritating about her, she's harmless.
          sigpic
          http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
          http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

I picked Keller, because while I like the character, I don't like her as much as the other characters on the list and I'm not liking where the writers have been taking her lately. (Especially romantically.)

I didn't pick Larrin because she's not in the main cast (or even really recurring) so there's no real point to have her up there in the first place because odds are we won't see her again anyway.

Comment

Keller Dang i already voted...Pity there isn't a reset button so i can take my vote back and change it!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                Keller Dang i already voted...Pity there isn't a reset button so i can take my vote back and change it!
                How has Keller over taken Larrin as the character you most want gone? aside from the fact that Larrin isn't likely to ever be back now.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrir Foxz View Post
                  How has Keller over taken Larrin as the character you most want gone? aside from the fact that Larrin isn't likely to ever be back now.
                  The nomination for Jewel for the ep missing was the final straw for me when it was supposed to be a Teyla ep!
                  sigpic

Comment

The nomination for Jewel for the ep missing was the final straw for me when it was supposed to be a Teyla ep!
                    It is a Teyla ep. I don't see how you can hold studio politics again a character and IMO Jewel was great in 'Missing', whether her performance made you hate Keller more or understand her position and sympathise that she was out of her element, JS really gave dynamic to the character.

Comment

i really don't understand why people don't like Keller. She might not be the best actress ever, but she brings a lot to the show. [mod snip]

I don't think I'd like to see any of the major cast gone. I selected "other" because if my opinion would matter, I'd prefer to see Kanaan gone, so that Teyla could start a relationship with Shep. Kanaan brings nothing to the show what-so-ever, and a relationship between Teyla and, well really any cast member would bring more to the development of the show.

JMO
                      Last edited by GateGipsy; 03 September 2008, 12:52 AM.
                      R.I.P. Don S. Davis

Comment

personally i'd pick ronan dex, he's such a cliche and uninteresting character. Even his NAME is uninteresting! are you serious?! ronan dex? sounds like a action hero from a cartoon.

Comment

It is a Teyla ep. I don't see how you can hold studio politics again a character and IMO Jewel was great in 'Missing', whether her performance made you hate Keller more or understand her position and sympathise that she was out of her element, JS really gave dynamic to the character.
                          So if it's a Teyla ep why didn't Rachel get nominated instead of a recurring character at the time!

I'm a little sick of Rachel/Teyla getting constantly ignored....And now Keller is here it's got worse for Teyla....What should have been great character moments in the shrine got taken over by Keller and McKeller!

Instead of bringing in new characters and spending all their time on them they should have spent some much needed time developing the characters they've already got i.e. Ronon and Teyla....Now their practically non existent!
                          sigpic

Comment

So if it's a Teyla ep why didn't Rachel get nominated instead of a recurring character at the time!
                            I'd be interested to know too how JS was nominated / chosen out of all the SGA cast to be honest but without a reliable source it's not worth speculating on (plus I don't think it would be all that respectful).

I'm a little sick of Rachel/Teyla getting constantly ignored....And now Keller is here it's got worse for Teyla....What should have been great character moments in the shrine got taken over by Keller and McKeller!
                            I'd like to see more Teyla in the show and I know what you mean about her being ignored but the way I see this there's more to it it than 'Keller is TPTB's golden girl' why she got the nomination.

Not sure why McKay has to be written love interests but up till now I haven't been too bothered by it, that could change if it dominates stories any my enjoyment of the ep/s goes down but I can't see 'McKeller' being anything more than a secondary arc with some scenes spanning a few eps.

What comes out of JM's blog or the spoilers very rarely give a good impression of how things will turn out IMO, just some plot details and what will / could take place in the episodes.

Instead of bringing in new characters and spending all their time on them they should have spent some much needed time developing the characters they've already got i.e. Ronon and Teyla....Now their practically non existent!
                            To be fair TPTB had to bring in someone to take over as CMO, they got JS and wrote in Dr Keller, I've yet to see anyone mention the possibility that Beckett may have been taking screen time from other characters but then a character only has the screen time the writers write them in for, as I've said before I would like to see Teyla and Ronon step up and be counted more often, 'Daedalus Variations' showed that TPTB can develop them a bit to give them something to do in a situation where they would probably have been useless, I'm hopeful that will be the case more in S5.

Comment

To be fair TPTB had to bring in someone to take over as CMO, they got JS and wrote in Dr Keller, I've yet to see anyone mention the possibility that Beckett may have been taking screen time from other characters but then a character only has the screen time the writers write them in for, as I've said before I would like to see Teyla and Ronon step up and be counted more often, 'Daedalus Variations' showed that TPTB can develop them a bit to give them something to do in a situation where they would probably have been useless, I'm hopeful that will be the case more in S5.
                              I'm curious about something....Wasn't one of the reasons for getting rid of Carson in the first place because once they made him recurring they didn't know what to do with him? And that we were trying to write him into eps where her wasn't needed?

And if the wanted another CMO they should have made her like what they done with Janet Frazier.....She only came into eps when she needed to be there,they didn't force the issue by writing her into eps where there was no need for her.....That's what they should have done with Keller...Kept her recurring like how they done with Janet!
                              sigpic

Comment

Encouraging people to hate you more is an accomplishment if you're playing a villain, but Missing was intended to make people like Keller. I'd say everyone missed the mark on that one.

I don't see JS bringing any great dynamic to the character. Any actress from a teen horror flick could have accomplished the same IMO. Screaming, crying, spraining her ankle and finally pulling herself together at the very end. The only thing unique she brought to the role is that I usually don't find myself rooting for the monster.

Comment

Working...
                                X