X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    No but I'm an anti-shipper
    I'm an anti Shep-shipper. As in I haven't met a woman on Atlantis yet that I could see Sheppard with.
    Last edited by Killdeer; 12 April 2008, 06:50 PM.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
      Yep, if you think about who each character is closest to you would say for Rodney it is Sheppard, for Ronon it is Sheppard and for Teyla it is Sheppard! I like how they are mixing it up like with Ronon and McKay but they would still go to Sheppard first
      I agree with the others but I'd say Teyla is much closer to Ronon than Sheppard. He spends time with her and her people, knew all about Kanaan and just seems more supportive. Of course your ship preference doesn't allow you to think that way which is okay.

But can we just leave the ship out of this thread. I'm a Sparky shipper and don't want to have to listen to all the Sheyla. I'm sure you would desire the same if things were different.

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
      No, just no..... please. Surely I'm not the only Sheppard fan here who thinks that making him be in love with Teyla would be bad for his character (and hers), am I? He's her team leader for crying out loud. And no, I didn't like Jack/Sam either - that very much damaged Jack as a character for me. (And no, I'm not pro John/Elizabeth either).
      No, no a thousand times no. There has never been any romantic chemistry between Shep and Teyla and forcing it won't change that. In spite of my Sparky love, I have always been a Sheppard fan first and foremost.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        But can we just leave the ship out of this thread.
        I vote for that.
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

Shipping and the characters having sex with everyone on the show is for BSG!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            Shipping and the characters having sex with everyone on the show is for BSG!
            *off to watch BSG*
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
              *off to watch BSG*
              Dirrty Jumper

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
                Dirrty Jumper
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Yes, please, shipping on the ship threads. This is a Shep and team thread. We should keep on topic.

Thank you!

Comment

Leave it to you, Peg, to draw me back in for a moment.

My gut feeling is there is nothing to worry about. He is their lead and I can't see them not using the character a lot. I'm more concerned about HOW they will be using him, but that's a discussion for another thread.

As far as the team goes, after season 4 I've come to the conclusion that TPTB consider any episode that has at least 2 members of the team together a "team" episode. Sad, but true. We'll just have to hope for better results in season 5.
                    sigpic
                    sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
                      Yes, please, shipping on the ship threads. This is a Shep and team thread. We should keep on topic.

Thank you!
                      Another derailed thread brought to you by Jelgate
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

About the team, I would say there isn't a team anymore, since Carson died; Weir died; Ford went missing, Teyla is a mother. We don't have a team. I think Carter and Keller could not fill the hole that Carson and Wier left. Besides, when the series started, the focus was Colonel Sheppard, who had an interesting history to be discovered, and that was forgot, which was a great disappointment. The story of the black mark and his family's problems were left in a second plane and Colonel Sheppard's character faded. There is no team and there is no leader and the episodes don't have interesting focuses. That's the problem, in my opinion.

Comment

I've always thought of the team as being the group of four that go off world on missions. So that would be Shep, McKay, Ronon and Teyla. Shep refers to them as 'being on his team'. The others are part of the expedition but not team members. Just my take on it though!

I guess the big problem with splitting those up and not having certain characters in an episode much is, if it's your fave character and he/she only has a couple of lines and the story isn't particularly your cup of tea...well, you're probably only going to watch that episode once maybe twice and that's it! (Blimey, that was a long sentence. Sure I should've put more full stops in there somewhere! ). So, yes, team episodes are great but I'm happy to see other types of stories to...as long as they're all balanced out.

I really, really hope we get some more Sheppard spoilers soon though. It does seem to be a huge concern for a lot of people. I've noticed this thread has had a lot of interest (well done Peggy) ...lots of 'guests' viewing the thread. I hope they're some of TPTB. Please tell us some Sheppy good news soon guys!!

Comment

Originally posted by tatinha View Post
                            About the team, I would say there isn't a team anymore, since Carson died; Weir died; Ford went missing, Teyla is a mother. We don't have a team. I think Carter and Keller could not fill the hole that Carson and Wier left. Besides, when the series started, the focus was Colonel Sheppard, who had an interesting history to be discovered, and that was forgot, which was a great disappointment. The story of the black mark and his family's problems were left in a second plane and Colonel Sheppard's character faded. There is no team and there is no leader and the episodes don't have interesting focuses. That's the problem, in my opinion.
                            I could not have said it better. Though I agree with Elinor that "the team" usually means Shep's team. I think since he included Carson and Weir in his "family" in Sateda, Shep's larger team must include them. Rambling. Does that make sense?

Originally posted by Elinor View Post
                            I've always thought of the team as being the group of four that go off world on missions. So that would be Shep, McKay, Ronon and Teyla. Shep refers to them as 'being on his team'. The others are part of the expedition but not team members. Just my take on it though!

I guess the big problem with splitting those up and not having certain characters in an episode much is, if it's your fave character and he/she only has a couple of lines and the story isn't particularly your cup of tea...well, you're probably only going to watch that episode once maybe twice and that's it! (Blimey, that was a long sentence. Sure I should've put more full stops in there somewhere! ). So, yes, team episodes are great but I'm happy to see other types of stories to...as long as they're all balanced out.

I really, really hope we get some more Sheppard spoilers soon though. It does seem to be a huge concern for a lot of people. I've noticed this thread has had a lot of interest (well done Peggy) ...lots of 'guests' viewing the thread. I hope they're some of TPTB. Please tell us some Sheppy good news soon guys!!

Well there's Shep news on JM's blog. And I quote:

I envisioned Teldy as a strong, by-the-book, leader; someone capable of leading her team into battle and going toe to toe with whatever is thrown her way be it an off-world mystery, an alien threat, or Colonel John Sheppard.

So there you have it. He's to be thrown at the ill-fated hot blonde. Progress?
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Me, I Wouldn't worry about Sheppard's absence in spoilers. There were some eps in the past which were focused on another character, but we had plenty of Sheppard in it, because, well, he is the lead character on the show.

Thus, I think we can expect Shep moments in S&R and:
                              - he will have to deal with Woolsey's leadership in The Seed
                              - JM said there will be good Sheppard-Ronon scenes in Broken Ties
                              - The Daealus Variations is a team ep (and Sheppard leads the team)
                              - Ghost in the Machine will deal with Weir and her group, Shep has strong ties with Elizabeth
                              - in Whispers, he and Beckett will be the stars
                              - JM said that the other characters beside McKay and Daniel will also have roles in the mid-season two parter
                              - we'll have a Sheppard whump ep in the back half, with possibly more backround story about the Lt. Col.
                              sigpic

Well, not anymore... Good bye Atlantis!

Comment

Hi all How are you ?
                                I saw an interesting topic so I decided to post in here. First of all I'm not english and I fear that what I said isn't great (my english won't be the only responsible lol) but please don't hesitate to tell me whe it's really bad and you don't understand

Generally I don't like to say things because and especially with Stargate I was always happy with what the authors did (perhaps I'm easily happy lol) but I agree I have little problems with the spoilers for S5 for Shep and for the team.
                                I'm not really worried for Shep because like you said he is the leading man and is always there even when it isn't necessary (Trio for example). This is not a critic this is only for say that I don't think that Shep risks a lot and to be honnest my fav character is Teyla and I fear most for her because sadly she hasn't his chance. But I think this is a question of quantity and quality.
                                To be optimist I tell me that perhaps they don't say a lot of news and they try to not divulgue too much news. Like we knew nothing in S&R for Shep because TLM wasn't diffuse yet and they keep interesting things.
                                Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                                I love team episodes, and they generally are my favourites. I missed the team feel in season 4, despite the fact that we were told season 4 would be centring on the team of four. It never really did. I realise there were reasons for this because of personal and private events happening to some of the actors, and that's perfectly understandable and outside of the control of the producers and actors.

But I was hoping to see season 5 show us a lot more team stuff.
                                Really well said. I totally agree. This is perhaps because I was a fan of SG1 but I've always been happy with what we had in team feelings. S4 lack a lot this team feelings and even if I find it great, this isn't my favorite season. I don't understand why the authors keep on introducing new characters and make Shep or McKay save the day while for me if I watch the show it's for the core team.

Yeah sadly I find SGA and even people who like the show too much divided. Like I said this isn't a critic I find myself defend against all my fav character lol but I find it sad I thought that Stargate wasn't this type of show and they try to make a team spirit and everyone has his plave. I'm not too fond of character centered ep. Where is the team and the exploration which make SG1 an excellent show. I totally agree SGA is different and I thought they develop a different culture very well but the interest for me was the introduction to new cultures, the interaction of characters and the friendship and comfort (?) they find in difficult time.
                                Originally posted by Listy View Post
                                I too am a little concerned, although I am remaining optimistic. I am first and foremost a Shep fan and am very disappointed at the lack of info on Sheppard in spoilers so far. It has been confirmed that other characters have eps, but we haven't really heard much for the leading man and there seems to be a lack of team eps yet again.

I have to admit I have not really warmed to Keller, I keep waiting hoping to find that in an ep her character grows on me and starts to feel like she belongs, but I am still waiting and the thought of more eps with her around when it could have been a team ep makes me sad.

I love SGA but for me Sheppard is a big part of that, I need him to play a decent part in it, I mean it took four seasons for us to even get backstory, so for me it is important that he gets a good focused ep. I also love the team eps and it doesn't seem like there are many yet (I say yet as I am keeping things crossed for more promising news for the second half of the season)
                                I'm sorry but I disagree. (I'm really sorry ) for me Shep isn't the leading man. For me SGA is really a question of team and core team there is leading men and lady IMO. Besides it's true he seems in front of all, he has the most of screen time but I thought S4 wasn't great for him and to be honest for Ronon neither. I find them a little too much in the background except for THEIR character centered ep where the others weren't even there.
                                I like Keller but I think this is alittle the fault of the writers that people don't like her. (Once again I'm sorry I'm not a writer ) but she was everywhere and like someone said in this thread she divides the team. Everywhere she was there wasn't team. She had ep centered around her that even Carter didn't have. I like Carter I'm a fan of SG1 and I fear she will shine too much. But by trying to don't make her shine we didn't even saw her. Keller could have been more in her place by beeing in the credit than Sam
                                Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                                Well said to you!

I think you hit the nail on the head in your post. It's the fact that there's information about episodes and storylines for the other main characters and none for Sheppard. That's what I find particularly difficult to understand, and I actually find it quite hurtful too.

I mean how would TPTB feel if their favourite character on a show they loved appeared to them, from spoilers, not to have anything much going on for him in a new season of the show? Especially if said character wasn't a minor one, but the leading man, whose name appears first in the credits? Would they be worried, feel the writers etc weren't interested in the character, or certainly didn't care about the fans of the character? Because that's what it's looking like to me. That they just don't care about Shep fans. Otherwise why no reassurances, or tidbits? Oh, sorry, I forgot Shep has a couple of nice moments with Ronon in Ronon's dedicated episode, where Woolsey and Teyla have some great scenes....

If there was no information about any characters or their centric episodes then I would be ok with it all. It's the inequality I can't stand. One character seems to be being forgotten about deliberately, certainly in terms of spoilers from one of the executive producers, and I can't understand why. Is it a good old yanking of our chains? If it is...nice and not funny any more. If it's not, why nothing much for Sheppard?

As for the apparent lack of team episodes? Well, that is disappointing too, as I said earlier. Having the odd one here and there and having the team split up just doesn't appeal to me any more. It just doesn't work as well if it goes on too long, I think.

There also in season 4 often weren't 'B' stories in many episodes. Sometimes I agree those do take away from the main plot. However, in quite a few episodes last season I craved them. I don't know if we're getting two stories simultaneously being told in episodes this year, but last year the fact that sometimes characters were missing or virtually missing from whole episodes made me unhappy and again made me feel wanting the team together or at least the characters mainly being in the stories.
                                Welcome to the world of Teylafan. At the difference of many Teylafan who dislike Teyla storyline I was myself really happy to see that the authors seem to be interested in her character.
                                Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                There's a team?!? *iz completely shocked* Really?!?

Where? *looks around*

I must have missed them... Missplaced them somewhere.

Looks like there hasn't been a real TEAM in ages, like in ... you know... THE team. Elizabeth, Carson, Zelenka, Lorne, Kate, Chuck, ... all also part of THE team but I have feeling they're not the ones we're talking about here.

BUT anyway, you'll see McKay and Sheppard will still be front and center 3/4th of the time. Teyla and Ronon will walk in their shadows, stand in the back... roll their eyes, grunt a little, shoot something. Shep and McKay will save the day and all is well with the world.

Snark much...
                                Sad but really true IMO
                                Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                                Yeah not liking it.

*bats her eyelashes* What?

I agree I don't think they give away the full plot, but usually with these types of spoilers I expected even the basics on the team and the general set up.

There just feels 'less team' eps. Did JM post that thing about the team today because he knows we're worried or if that's just the first team ep?

Broken ties looks as if it's going to be great, and while I love seeing different pairings, I do like to know that the team is there even if the focus is on a pairing.

Thanks for that Josie, the ones i've seen have showed at least a background. I would assume that the characters involved and who they're interacting with would be mentioned though. So if the 'team' aren't mentioned wouldn't that suggest they're not in it?

Well said. I do like to see a balance of eps between the characters and the teams. So that no one is at a disadvantage. I'm hoping we'll hear something soon about the latter half of the season, because there is lots more to go and after my rant i'm feeling a bit better. Still concerned, still worried, but hopefull.... and a bit scared....

I know you don't care much for Shep, and prefer other pairings. How do you feel about Teyla not interacting much with the team last season, and would you want that again for S5?
                                Please don't remember this what reconfort me it's that sadly there wasn't a lot of interaction with the team for other characters because there wasn't TEAM Yeah it makes me really odd to see what JM said on the TEAM ep like this was new hey you like team eps, don't miss it there will be only one. Like people who like team eps are a minority but I don't think so but I don't know sadly I find myself always in minorities
                                sigpic
                                Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Working...
                                X