X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Reads what Jelgate just posted.... waits for the Whumpers to whump him*

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
      So what are people's initial feelings, reactions fears about Shep and the team in S5. Positive and negatives are as always welcomed.

Do YOU feel that there is an imbalance with the spoilers received so far, or do you think that there is currently a good mixture based on the spoilers out there at the moment?
      Yeah, I guess I can see where you're coming from, as a Shep fan.

Personally I'm more a fan of the show as a whole, rather than one or two of the characters being the main draw for me (not that that makes me a bigger/better/whatever fan or anything), but it does seem a little odd.

However, while there doesn't seem to be a Sheppard-centric ep so far, I don't think his presence will be diminished. I think Search and Rescue and Ghost in the Machine will be quite "team-y" eps (along with The Daedalus Variations), as will the two-parter. And while Broken Ties and The Shrine are Ronon and McKay episodes, John is probably the closest to both of them, so could be quite involved there, too. I don't really think we know enough about The Seed and The Queen to comment, yet (although I think BamBam has said Shep fans might like The Seed).

I would like a few more team episodes in the back half, though.

Comment

Originally posted by chensuu View Post
        Sadly my first thought when all the cast changes were announced months ago was exactly the same thing. Too many characters, not enough concentration on the ones we care about and not enough development time to go around.

Maybe there will be a Sheppard centered episode in the second half of the season but I'm selfish and I don't want to wait that long and since he's the lead I don't know why we have to! Not when other characters like Ronon , Keller and Rodney already have too focused episodes in the first half. And we already know that Daniel Jackson is coming on for the big season two parter.

In my opinion, any Keller focused episode = no team. Episodes that feature Keller fragment the team into pieces. This is not to say that as a full time cast member she doesn't deserve a character centric episode but honestly we're hearing more about her than even Teyla. I don't remember Carson Beckett every commanding so much attention when he was the doctor.

And what about Zelenka and Lorne?

And to be honest the most annoying aspect of it to me is JM's refusal to make any comment at all to the polite requests asking for a bit more Sheppard information. However,when I made a comment about Tracker and the supposed mckay/keller/ronon love match he responded right away!

Just my opinion.
        I'm selfish and shalllow, but don't worry it's part of my charm. In all honesty, i'm trying to cling on to the last beacon of hope from last year, that even when there's no Shep centric episode there will still be meaty stuff..... and that even when it is a character specific ep the others get some great stuff. But it's the whole no information that has me concerned. Wem know about McKay's/David's tour de force eppy and that he and Daniel/Michael have a lot to say in the two parter. We know about Teyla's eppy the Queen, and Rachel said she was really excited by it. Jewel said on of the eps made her cry, and now we know her character is involved in Tracker, and the Seed. We've got Ronon/Jason's eppy Broken Ties where he gets to be vulnerable. These are the core of the cast, but what about Shep/Joe? Becket has his eppies, Whispers being one of them.

Where has the fantastic four gone? they just seem to be split up and I miss my team.

I don't know why Mr M isn't saying anything, is it too spoilery? There's nothing for Shep in terms of character centric, or team eps (or not much) are they trying new dynamics out to see what works and what doesn't? I don't know, but it does worries me, and I don't do worried. *stomps feet*

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
        Oh hell, I'm feeling shrill and ill-informed and uninformed too! Always thought of myself as more of a gerbil than a lemming though!

I have no idea why Shep isn't being talked about. It's pretty disheartening even for someone like me who's pretty optimisitic usually. I seriously am not getting any more upset and I'm just staying away from this all. If Shep doesn't feature much and I don't like the show without him, if he isn't in it so much, then I walk away to a new show. I'd never stick around the fandom to just whine. Not my style. I like fun!
        I'm not far from that point at the moment. As a whumper I was overjoyed with the pic, but as a Shep fan, I would like to know what lies ahead.

I'm not in the loop either hon. So that makes two of us.

I love the team. We were promised in season 4 that it'd be all about the team of four, and I'm not sure it was really. Certainly not them all together.

I agree. Separate the characters for too long and some of the sparkle can be lost.
        I can understand though why things changed so much in season 4, and we didn't get that teamy feel. Maybe the writers enjoyed just writing for a couple of the characters? Or want to try different things again in season 5. I just hope it's not at the cost of losing what they've built up over the last few years.

I know. And did we actually hear from JM that Shep is in Whispers, or is that just from spoilers here or at SG1 Solutions? I do wonder about Shep in season 5. I do wonder what thrills are in store for him. Where's his wonderful eppie where we learn more about him and JF gets the chance to give his best performance yet? Where is his 'Tour de force' eppie? Oh, he doesn't get one...there's a surprise.
        I don't know to be honest, I read it on the Stargate solutions site.

Save me, Sheppy, you're my only hope!
        *giggles* you wish.

Well this one is annoyed, frustrated and upset. I have no idea what the season 5 episodes will be like. I can only go on spoilers. From either JM or from spoiler sites. So far I've had NOTHING on Sheppard from anywhere, except that he gets to be in Beckett's episode. Oh joy...
        Season 4 was a bit of a tubulent time in terms of character changes and I did hope it would stablise in S5 with more team eps, more banter and interaction with them all going off world together. A balance of episodes for everyone. The team can still be there even if the focus is on one specific character.

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
        Perhaps JM is deliberately keeping Shep related spoilers from you because it amuses him to be asked?
        He's a little tinker sometimes. But I am persistant. I'll just keep brainwashing asking...

Originally posted by elliecat View Post
        I think they are so excited about their 'shiny new toy' Keller that other characters get left by the wayside. I fear this is happening to Shep who is getting nothing in way of soilers coz they are not excited about him anymore maybe?

Wheras they have made a nice little love triangle so Ronon and Rodney can interact with Keller and bam! she is part of the inner circle. She does seem to split up the team whenever she's in it tho. Look at last year it was her and Teyla (missing) her and Ronon (quarantine) her and mckay (trio). And these eps were my least fav of last year.

Back to Shep, im sure he will be in SGA lots next year I have to believe this else I will not be very interested im afraid. That's my honest opinion, he interacts so well with all the team and I love him and McKay together especially. And there are so many Shep fans out there they need to start giving em something!

More Shep info please Mr M!
        With that said though, Harmony wasn't a fave of mine and that was Shep/Rodney. I think by that point I was seriously missing the team interaction, and it didn't work for me, neither did Trio, again because the team wasn't there. I don't know if they're putting Keller in to entice the audience, or she's got some good storylines that suit her character. But I like subtlety, gentle introductions, and sorry for me this isn't working.

Originally posted by Elinor View Post
        I'm the same. I'm usually Little Miss Cheery, but even I'm starting to get the wobbles a bit now! I just find it very strange that we're regularly finding out bits and pieces about all the other characters but, apart from a couple of pics and a word here and there, nothing about Shep! What's that all about?!!

I think you're right elliecat...even if it's just to say 'We can't tell you anything 'cos it's waaaaayyyy too spoilery'!

I could live with that. Shut up peggy and stop you're whinging, Shep will get his ep and there will be a tonne of teamy stuff in season 5. It's not much, but I can live with little things like that. Thing is if I was spoiler free, just your normal average viewer, I really wouldn't be this worked up, i'd just roll with the punches. Ahhhh the joys of fandom life.

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
        I don't know if I agree - The Queen is a Teyla-centered episode, and very possibly so is the Seed, since JM said that the first two episodes would have some major developments for the character. But we've gotten nothing on Sheppard except for Whispers, and I'm still betting that he wasn't even in the original script, thus the promotion and then subsequent demotion of Major Teldy. Whispers was always billed as
        Spoiler:
        Carson offworld with a female team
        - nothing about Sheppard until recently.
        And not forgetting what happened at the end of TLM will she give birth in the first or second ep? That's also a big part of her storyline to.

I wondered that initially, but then read the sides so thought maybe I was imagining it. I can't remember the timing to be honest from what JM said to what was put on the solutions site.

Originally posted by pilgrim soul View Post
        In fairness most of the detailed spoilers we have come from casting sides so they only really show the episode from the point of view of character being cast and can make it seem like those characters play a bigger role than they actually do. I'm thinking specifically about Vega here.

I do understand the frustration and disappointment and I too would like to see more team eps and Shep related spoilers, and I am very disappointed there does not appear to be a Shep-centric ep in the first half of the season, I'm keeping the faith at this point and trusting that we will see more Shep and team interaction than is currently apparent.
        I agree, but they normally give an outline though of who's in it, and a general overview, don't they?

I'm still clinging on at this point. I love SGA, but something doesn't 'feel' right. I don't know what it is or why I feel like this, it just seems that even when we do get spoilers that are not necessarily from the sides they don't include Shep, or talk of the team being together (save for the Daedy variations). So my question is why?

Comment

Do not worry Sheppard fans. Sheppard will have his time next season. I am sure of it.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            Do not worry Sheppard fans. Sheppard will have his time next season. I am sure of it.
            Indeed, exactly what I've been saying Hiatus blues by the looks of things

Comment

I'm selfish and shalllow, but don't worry it's part of my charm.
              Your what?
              I agree, but they normally give an outline though of who's in it, and a general overview, don't they?
              I'm not an expert in the area, but I think casting sides normally just have the "set-up" - maybe the first third/half of the episode... I could be wrong though...

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                Your what?

I'm not an expert in the area, but I think casting sides normally just have the "set-up" - maybe the first third/half of the episode... I could be wrong though...
                If Peg has charm than I'm real Sheppard
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  If Peg has charm than I'm real Sheppard
                  Cool... can I have a puddle jumper?

Comment

Indeed, exactly what I've been saying Hiatus blues by the looks of things
                    It's possible. Last year there was so much publicity surrounding Amanda coming over that maybe it felt we got more spoilers than we actually did. I don't know. But I'm with PegasusSGA - something just doesn't feel right. It kind of feels like before we found out Amanda was leaving to do Sanctuary. I know Joe's not leaving - but yet.....something still feels wrong.
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

It's possible. Last year there was so much publicity surrounding Amanda coming over that maybe it felt we got more spoilers than we actually did. I don't know. But I'm with PegasusSGA - something just doesn't feel right. It kind of feels like before we found out Amanda was leaving to do Sanctuary. I know Joe's not leaving - but yet.....something still feels wrong.
                      Yeah I'm kinda feeling that but for now I'm putting it down to hiatus blues

While waiting for season 5 we're all jumping on what little spoilers handed out and can easily feel it's not enough, but I can see that there has been very little said on Shep in season 5 so far...

Comment

Cool... can I have a puddle jumper?
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10071/picard-no-facepalm.jpg
                          I forgot the almighty Jelgate is lost when it comes to sarcasm

Comment

You make a good point, but Sheppard is teaming up with Carson in "Whispers". I also saw some nice spoiler pics for "Broken Ties" that included Sheppard a lot. Hey, people complain about the Sheppard and Mckay hour, myself I do not see it enough to be an issue. Maybe this will distant those two pairings for a bit.
                            sigpic

Comment

No they don't. Audition sides (or at least the ones I've seen) have a brief breakdown of the character that the audition is for and then a scene or two that the actor will read through for the audition. Nothing more than that. They don't send out a whole script just odd pages and that's where the spoilers come from but it by no means gives away the whole picture and those scenes taken out of context can often be deeply misleading.

Comment

I too am a little concerned, although I am remaining optimistic. I am first and foremost a Shep fan and am very disappointed at the lack of info on Sheppard in spoilers so far. It has been confirmed that other characters have eps, but we haven't really heard much for the leading man and there seems to be a lack of team eps yet again.

I have to admit I have not really warmed to Keller, I keep waiting hoping to find that in an ep her character grows on me and starts to feel like she belongs, but I am still waiting and the thought of more eps with her around when it could have been a team ep makes me sad.

Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge any of the characters a focused ep, all characters deserve development and focus, but for me Shep is the leading man and so should get at least one focused ep. I am still hopeful we will get one in the second half of the season and that maybe we might get a few more spoilers before July that will put our minds at ease.

I just think the lack of info is the main problem for me, I mean I don't even need it to be spoilerish, even a nod in the Shep fans direction to let us know everything is fine would be enough.

I love SGA but for me Sheppard is a big part of that, I need him to play a decent part in it, I mean it took four seasons for us to even get backstory, so for me it is important that he gets a good focused ep. I also love the team eps and it doesn't seem like there are many yet (I say yet as I am keeping things crossed for more promising news for the second half of the season)

I just hope we hear something postiive soon

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                                I think there does seem to be an imbalance as far as spoilers go, yes. I can't see any reason why there's not a Shep centred episode in the first half of season 5, to be honest. At least if I knew there was going to be something meaty for Shep I wouldn't find myself being concerned so much. Alas spoilers seem to concern other characters at the moment, which is quite understandably causing upset and concern in certain sections of the fandom. Especially when that section has hitherto been pretty optimistic and supportive of the show and its changes to date.

I love team episodes, and they generally are my favourites. I missed the team feel in season 4, despite the fact that we were told season 4 would be centring on the team of four. It never really did. I realise there were reasons for this because of personal and private events happening to some of the actors, and that's perfectly understandable and outside of the control of the producers and actors.

But I was hoping to see season 5 show us a lot more team stuff. So far we know that Daedalus Variations in a team eppie for sure. Which is good. But I don't like the way the team keeps getting split up for episodes. Part of what I like about the show is the team all interacting together. Sure, it's fine to have scenes where the characters are split up, but episodes where they are? I'm not so sure it's something I want to continue seeing. I saw it too much in season 4 for my liking.

I don't know why there seem to be no spoilers for Sheppard, and why JM is saying nothing. I can't fathom it, to be honest. Maybe there's a secret game plan I'm not aware of, or maybe Sheppard is no longer considered a vital part to the show? Who knows.
                                well said

Comment

Working...
                                X