This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Listy View Post
    I too am a little concerned, although I am remaining optimistic. I am first and foremost a Shep fan and am very disappointed at the lack of info on Sheppard in spoilers so far. It has been confirmed that other characters have eps, but we haven't really heard much for the leading man and there seems to be a lack of team eps yet again.

I have to admit I have not really warmed to Keller, I keep waiting hoping to find that in an ep her character grows on me and starts to feel like she belongs, but I am still waiting and the thought of more eps with her around when it could have been a team ep makes me sad.

Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge any of the characters a focused ep, all characters deserve development and focus, but for me Shep is the leading man and so should get at least one focused ep. I am still hopeful we will get one in the second half of the season and that maybe we might get a few more spoilers before July that will put our minds at ease.

I just think the lack of info is the main problem for me, I mean I don't even need it to be spoilerish, even a nod in the Shep fans direction to let us know everything is fine would be enough.

I love SGA but for me Sheppard is a big part of that, I need him to play a decent part in it, I mean it took four seasons for us to even get backstory, so for me it is important that he gets a good focused ep. I also love the team eps and it doesn't seem like there are many yet (I say yet as I am keeping things crossed for more promising news for the second half of the season)

I just hope we hear something postiive soon

well said
    Well said to you!

I think you hit the nail on the head in your post. It's the fact that there's information about episodes and storylines for the other main characters and none for Sheppard. That's what I find particularly difficult to understand, and I actually find it quite hurtful too.

I mean how would TPTB feel if their favourite character on a show they loved appeared to them, from spoilers, not to have anything much going on for him in a new season of the show? Especially if said character wasn't a minor one, but the leading man, whose name appears first in the credits? Would they be worried, feel the writers etc weren't interested in the character, or certainly didn't care about the fans of the character? Because that's what it's looking like to me. That they just don't care about Shep fans. Otherwise why no reassurances, or tidbits? Oh, sorry, I forgot Shep has a couple of nice moments with Ronon in Ronon's dedicated episode, where Woolsey and Teyla have some great scenes....

If there was no information about any characters or their centric episodes then I would be ok with it all. It's the inequality I can't stand. One character seems to be being forgotten about deliberately, certainly in terms of spoilers from one of the executive producers, and I can't understand why. Is it a good old yanking of our chains? If it is...nice and not funny any more. If it's not, why nothing much for Sheppard?

I don't begrudge Ronon development at all. Jason deserves it. But I can't help but feel sad when I read that Jason has had the opportunity to delve more into Ronon and that he's had an opportunity to really get to grips with his character and will be giving us glimpses we haven't seen before. I don't feel Joe has ever been given that chance for Sheppard, not even in Outcast really, which I enjoyed immensely.

McKay always gets meaty episodes, some more than others, granted, but the fact that, yet again, he gets another tear jerker quite frankly grates. I loved Tao of Rodney, but that was a tear jerker. Why can't Sheppard get one of those types of episodes too? I'm not saying I don't want the other main characters to have their centric episodes, I do. But I want my favourite to get that opportunity too.

I always think of something Joe F said in season 2. He wanted a meaty episode like McKay gets, and Martin Gero said to him that he didn't basically know what Joe was complaining about, because Joe had lots of screen time. MG just didn't understand what Joe was saying. Poor Joe. That really sums it all up for me. Do none of the writers WANT to write for Sheppard? Are they all fighting over themselves to write for the other characters? I find it bizarre that there are so many excellent FF writers who write wonderful Sheppard stories, with him very much in character, and yet giving us just a little bit more of a glimpse of the man.

As for the apparent lack of team episodes? Well, that is disappointing too, as I said earlier. Having the odd one here and there and having the team split up just doesn't appeal to me any more. It just doesn't work as well if it goes on too long, I think.

There also in season 4 often weren't 'B' stories in many episodes. Sometimes I agree those do take away from the main plot. However, in quite a few episodes last season I craved them. I don't know if we're getting two stories simultaneously being told in episodes this year, but last year the fact that sometimes characters were missing or virtually missing from whole episodes made me unhappy and again made me feel wanting the team together or at least the characters mainly being in the stories.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
      Well said to you!

I think you hit the nail on the head in your post. It's the fact that there's information about episodes and storylines for the other main characters and none for Sheppard. That's what I find particularly difficult to understand, and I actually find it quite hurtful too.

I mean how would TPTB feel if their favourite character on a show they loved appeared to them, from spoilers, not to have anything much going on for him in a new season of the show? Especially if said character wasn't a minor one, but the leading man, whose name appears first in the credits? Would they be worried, feel the writers etc weren't interested in the character, or certainly didn't care about the fans of the character? Because that's what it's looking like to me. That they just don't care about Shep fans. Otherwise why no reassurances, or tidbits? Oh, sorry, I forgot Shep has a couple of nice moments with Ronon in Ronon's dedicated episode, where Woolsey and Teyla have some great scenes....

If there was no information about any characters or their centric episodes then I would be ok with it all. It's the inequality I can't stand. One character seems to be being forgotten about deliberately, certainly in terms of spoilers from one of the executive producers, and I can't understand why. Is it a good old yanking of our chains? If it is...nice and not funny any more. If it's not, why nothing much for Sheppard?

I don't begrudge Ronon development at all. Jason deserves it. But I can't help but feel sad when I read that Jason has had the opportunity to delve more into Ronon and that he's had an opportunity to really get to grips with his character and will be giving us glimpses we haven't seen before. I don't feel Joe has ever been given that chance for Sheppard, not even in Outcast really, which I enjoyed immensely.

McKay always gets meaty episodes, some more than others, granted, but the fact that, yet again, he gets another tear jerker quite frankly grates. I loved Tao of Rodney, but that was a tear jerker. Why can't Sheppard get one of those types of episodes too? I'm not saying I don't want the other main characters to have their centric episodes, I do. But I want my favourite to get that opportunity too.

I always think of something Joe F said in season 2. He wanted a meaty episode like McKay gets, and Martin Gero said to him that he didn't basically know what Joe was complaining about, because Joe had lots of screen time. MG just didn't understand what Joe was saying. Poor Joe. That really sums it all up for me. Do none of the writers WANT to write for Sheppard? Are they all fighting over themselves to write for the other characters? I find it bizarre that there are so many excellent FF writers who write wonderful Sheppard stories, with him very much in character, and yet giving us just a little bit more of a glimpse of the man.

As for the apparent lack of team episodes? Well, that is disappointing too, as I said earlier. Having the odd one here and there and having the team split up just doesn't appeal to me any more. It just doesn't work as well if it goes on too long, I think.

There also in season 4 often weren't 'B' stories in many episodes. Sometimes I agree those do take away from the main plot. However, in quite a few episodes last season I craved them. I don't know if we're getting two stories simultaneously being told in episodes this year, but last year the fact that sometimes characters were missing or virtually missing from whole episodes made me unhappy and again made me feel wanting the team together or at least the characters mainly being in the stories.
      Exactly, if there was no information for anyone then fair enough, but it does feel like we have been cheated as there is information out there, just not for Sheppard.

I find it really sad that the writers seem to not want to write for Sheppard and I agree totally, I think Joe Flanigan would do an amazing job with a really meaty ep, to me its not even about the amount of screen time, I would rather have one or two really good meaty eps than a whole season of average eps. I feel it very short sighted of MG to think its ok for the character if he gets lots of screen time, and that it doesn't matter if its not meaningful screen time. I think Sheppards character has so much potential, its just not explored enough IMHO.

A little more info from TPTB would be appreciated and make us a lot happier in the wait for season 5. I don't even think its the hiatus blues to be honest, I really think it is just a major lack of balance in the info released.

I don't begrudge any of the characters a meaty ep, but I agree, I think Sheppard should have a tear jerker ep. Other characters have had the opportunity to shine and I think Sheppard deserves the chance too.

As for FF writers, sometimes I find myself searching for ep tags, because I know that some of the FF writers do a much better job and can see what would have made an ep better.

I am trying to stay optimistic, it takes a lot to put me on a downer about an ep, but my levels of enthusiasm have taken a hit lately.

Comment

I really was not going to read spoilers this year and this is why! In the past I have got myself so excited about a particular episode and then when I actually watch it, either it

a) is exactly as I expected ( so it is like watching something I have almost seen already) or
        b) is a let down based on unrealistic expectations

so my initial reaction to the ep is not half as good as it would have been going in knowing nothing.

But this year it is the total reverse. Nothing much to get excited about and as a result I am not looking forward to s5 like I had hoped. Fingers crossed that this means that the reverse of what I said above will be true and when i actually watch the eps I will be expecting nothing and hopefully get some awesome Sheppy moments!

Deep down I am sure that there will be plenty and I am not getting too upset about it. I am going to wait and see.

Comment

I've been waiting for Sheppard and consequently JF, to get a chance to shine since roughly the pilot. Oh, there were a few eps in S1 that established his character, but from the beginning of S2 on with very few exceptions he has been background on his own show. One has to wonder if they told him he was the star just to get him to sign on.

The writers obviously identify with McKay and write with that in mind. Sheppard's potential has never been realized. I thought that his ATA gene would play a big role in the whole exploration of Atlantis and thus his abilities and fish out of water situation would be the theme of the show. What happened to that? When did we see him use it last? I can't even remember. Then he became the super soldier and I thought, okay they're going with that. Interesting and intriguing. Nope, he became little more than a smart aleck who can shoot straight. And we won't even go into the intergalactic babe magnet persona.

JF has moments of absolute brilliance. Miller's Crossing comes to mind. Think what you will of what he did, you must admit he was effective from an acting standpoint. Outcast gave him a few good scenes, but they were all too few. The question is why aren't they writing stories that are actually about him? Not other characters stories that he has a part in.

I fear that we haven't heard much about him in S5 because he will once again be issuing orders, shouting "let's go", grabbing his gun and running into the fray without much discussion before or after.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

There's a team?!? *iz completely shocked* Really?!?

Where? *looks around*

I must have missed them... Missplaced them somewhere.

Looks like there hasn't been a real TEAM in ages, like in ... you know... THE team. Elizabeth, Carson, Zelenka, Lorne, Kate, Chuck, ... all also part of THE team but I have feeling they're not the ones we're talking about here.

Maybe JF is feeling the wrath of TPTB... *shrug*

Don't much care for Sheppard... well, I do in that odd pairing I love that no one else understands.

BUT anyway, you'll see McKay and Sheppard will still be front and center 3/4th of the time. Teyla and Ronon will walk in their shadows, stand in the back... roll their eyes, grunt a little, shoot something. Shep and McKay will save the day and all is well with the world.

Snark much...
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
              Indeed, exactly what I've been saying Hiatus blues by the looks of things
              Yeah not liking it.

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
              Your what?

I'm not an expert in the area, but I think casting sides normally just have the "set-up" - maybe the first third/half of the episode... I could be wrong though...
              *bats her eyelashes* What?

I agree I don't think they give away the full plot, but usually with these types of spoilers I expected even the basics on the team and the general set up.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              If Peg has charm than I'm real Sheppard
              Hush you in the cheap seats.

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
              It's possible. Last year there was so much publicity surrounding Amanda coming over that maybe it felt we got more spoilers than we actually did. I don't know. But I'm with PegasusSGA - something just doesn't feel right. It kind of feels like before we found out Amanda was leaving to do Sanctuary. I know Joe's not leaving - but yet.....something still feels wrong.
              I was talking to someone about this, as i've got a memory of a goldfish and this time round we knew a lot more about the team exploits... oh that sounds dirty. And yep you're right hon, Amanda's arrival did stir up a lot of things. But there's definately something not settling right. My spideysense though admittedly has been crap lately. SO i'm going to rely on yours if that's okay hon.

There just feels 'less team' eps. Did JM post that thing about the team today because he knows we're worried or if that's just the first team ep?

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
              Yeah I'm kinda feeling that but for now I'm putting it down to hiatus blues

While waiting for season 5 we're all jumping on what little spoilers handed out and can easily feel it's not enough, but I can see that there has been very little said on Shep in season 5 so far...
              ahhh you feeling it to hon? Need a hug? *hugs Fen* I think as linz said later on in her big rambling post. It feels unequal, I know it probably won't play out like that, it just feels like that at the moment.

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              You make a good point, but Sheppard is teaming up with Carson in "Whispers". I also saw some nice spoiler pics for "Broken Ties" that included Sheppard a lot. Hey, people complain about the Sheppard and Mckay hour, myself I do not see it enough to be an issue. Maybe this will distant those two pairings for a bit.
              I know, but I honestly think that was an add on rather than an intention... yeah i'm getting cynical in my old age.

Broken ties looks as if it's going to be great, and while I love seeing different pairings, I do like to know that the team is there even if the focus is on a pairing.

Originally posted by pilgrim soul View Post
              No they don't. Audition sides (or at least the ones I've seen) have a brief breakdown of the character that the audition is for and then a scene or two that the actor will read through for the audition. Nothing more than that. They don't send out a whole script just odd pages and that's where the spoilers come from but it by no means gives away the whole picture and those scenes taken out of context can often be deeply misleading.
              Thanks for that Josie, the ones i've seen have showed at least a background. I would assume that the characters involved and who they're interacting with would be mentioned though. So if the 'team' aren't mentioned wouldn't that suggest they're not in it?

Originally posted by Listy View Post
              I too am a little concerned, although I am remaining optimistic. I am first and foremost a Shep fan and am very disappointed at the lack of info on Sheppard in spoilers so far. It has been confirmed that other characters have eps, but we haven't really heard much for the leading man and there seems to be a lack of team eps yet again.

I have to admit I have not really warmed to Keller, I keep waiting hoping to find that in an ep her character grows on me and starts to feel like she belongs, but I am still waiting and the thought of more eps with her around when it could have been a team ep makes me sad.

Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge any of the characters a focused ep, all characters deserve development and focus, but for me Shep is the leading man and so should get at least one focused ep. I am still hopeful we will get one in the second half of the season and that maybe we might get a few more spoilers before July that will put our minds at ease.

I just think the lack of info is the main problem for me, I mean I don't even need it to be spoilerish, even a nod in the Shep fans direction to let us know everything is fine would be enough.

I love SGA but for me Sheppard is a big part of that, I need him to play a decent part in it, I mean it took four seasons for us to even get backstory, so for me it is important that he gets a good focused ep. I also love the team eps and it doesn't seem like there are many yet (I say yet as I am keeping things crossed for more promising news for the second half of the season)

I just hope we hear something postiive soon

well said
              Well said. I do like to see a balance of eps between the characters and the teams. So that no one is at a disadvantage. I'm hoping we'll hear something soon about the latter half of the season, because there is lots more to go and after my rant i'm feeling a bit better. Still concerned, still worried, but hopefull.... and a bit scared....

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
              Well said to you!

<snipped for chattyness>

There also in season 4 often weren't 'B' stories in many episodes. Sometimes I agree those do take away from the main plot. However, in quite a few episodes last season I craved them.
              Absolutely it's the no information that's unsettling and we all know how well the fandom copes with that. Remember when all the changes were taking place and some got a bit nervous, it feels like that all over again, like something's about to be announced, but we don't quite know what it is.... I appreciate that each of the characters need their ep to shine and have the spotlight focused on them, but for me, even if it has been one of those eps, like ToR, CG, you've had the team there. Even if they're not physically there we see their reactions. And with some eps in S4 i've missed that. So i'm hoping that this time round we'll get to see the team interact more.

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
              I really was not going to read spoilers this year and this is why! In the past I have got myself so excited about a particular episode and then when I actually watch it, either it

a) is exactly as I expected ( so it is like watching something I have almost seen already) or
              b) is a let down based on unrealistic expectations

so my initial reaction to the ep is not half as good as it would have been going in knowing nothing.

But this year it is the total reverse. Nothing much to get excited about and as a result I am not looking forward to s5 like I had hoped. Fingers crossed that this means that the reverse of what I said above will be true and when i actually watch the eps I will be expecting nothing and hopefully get some awesome Sheppy moments!

Deep down I am sure that there will be plenty and I am not getting too upset about it. I am going to wait and see.
              I think we are spoiled quite a bit, if we were sitting at home like the good demographics we are, we probably wouldn't even realise. But it's a long few months without stuff, and i'm just hoping that over the next few weeks/months when the promo's and pics come out. I'll look back and think, oh peggy you're such a muppet. But still waiting.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              I've been waiting for Sheppard and consequently JF, to get a chance to shine since roughly the pilot. Oh, there were a few eps in S1 that established his character, but from the beginning of S2 on with very few exceptions he has been background on his own show. One has to wonder if they told him he was the star just to get him to sign on.

The writers obviously identify with McKay and write with that in mind. Sheppard's potential has never been realized. I thought that his ATA gene would play a big role in the whole exploration of Atlantis and thus his abilities and fish out of water situation would be the theme of the show. What happened to that? When did we see him use it last? I can't even remember. Then he became the super soldier and I thought, okay they're going with that. Interesting and intriguing. Nope, he became little more than a smart aleck who can shoot straight. And we won't even go into the intergalactic babe magnet persona.

JF has moments of absolute brilliance. Miller's Crossing comes to mind. Think what you will of what he did, you must admit he was effective from an acting standpoint. Outcast gave him a few good scenes, but they were all too few. The question is why aren't they writing stories that are actually about him? Not other characters stories that he has a part in.

I fear that we haven't heard much about him in S5 because he will once again be issuing orders, shouting "let's go", grabbing his gun and running into the fray without much discussion before or after.
              I know, the writers seem to enjoy writing for McKay, but what they have to understand is that Joe is the lead, and as the lead he should be the easiest person to write for. Shep is a character they created, he is the leader, so why is it difficult to write for him. They had no problems writing for Jack.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              There's a team?!? *iz completely shocked* Really?!?

Where? *looks around*

I must have missed them... Missplaced them somewhere.

Looks like there hasn't been a real TEAM in ages, like in ... you know... THE team. Elizabeth, Carson, Zelenka, Lorne, Kate, Chuck, ... all also part of THE team but I have feeling they're not the ones we're talking about here.

Maybe JF is feeling the wrath of TPTB... *shrug*

Don't much care for Sheppard... well, I do in that odd pairing I love that no one else understands.

BUT anyway, you'll see McKay and Sheppard will still be front and center 3/4th of the time. Teyla and Ronon will walk in their shadows, stand in the back... roll their eyes, grunt a little, shoot something. Shep and McKay will save the day and all is well with the world.

Snark much...
              I know you don't care much for Shep, and prefer other pairings. How do you feel about Teyla not interacting much with the team last season, and would you want that again for S5?

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                I know you don't care much for Shep, and prefer other pairings.
                I like Sheppard, but you know he's always there... always and always...

How do you feel about Teyla not interacting much with the team last season, and would you want that again for S5?
                Gotten used to it... it's never going to happen, not expecting much in season 5 either. Too late anyway.

I prefer fanfic to the show. At least some authors know what the team is all about better than what TPTB understand of it.

Comment

You say that like it's a bad thing hon.

Gotten used to it... it's never going to happen, not expecting much in season 5 either. Too late anyway.

I prefer fanfic to the show. At least some authors know what the team is all about better than what TPTB understand of it.
                  Do you think looking at the spoilers so far that it's evened out this year?

Comment

And Teyla is always there also. She's standing in the background, running for the jumper, dragging McKay out of his stupor, arguing with John, having actual interaction with Ronon, whining about Kanaan and her people, imitating Counselor Troi, eating ground slugs and a myriad of other things. She may not always be the focus. But. She. Is. There.

John is also just there sometimes. Wallpapered just like Teyla, only with a few more lines. Which by the way, I think in S4 were remarkably repetitive. It may be favorite character prejudice, but I don't see why the Teyla fans are so upset. They never said she was the star. The star is supposed to be the big damn hero. WTF isn't he?????

Leaving now. It's time for wine. This whole thing has rubbed my last nerve.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

there seem to be less Shep
                      Last edited by Jumper_One; 12 April 2008, 01:09 PM.
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Mmm... on second reading, it sorta does... well, it isn't really, but it does get boring. It's not bad, it's just not super either.

Nope... otherwise you wouldn't have felt the need to start the thread, and I wouldn't have felt the need to post in it. I feel it's going to be like in 4, where everybody is doing his/her own thing without having everybody there at the same time. And with the addition of new characters, new shiny toys... I don't see that changing and since I wasn't hallucinating yesterday about JM stating he liked the healthy mix of team and solo-flights (sorta) from season 4, we'd be seeing more of the same in season 5. Which means... the scale will once again tip in favor of a few and leave the rest wondering in darkness (gats, I feel like the Seer).

Up until now, there's talk of two Teyla-heavy episodes... mmm yeah, Missing was going to be about Teyla and turned out to be more about Keller than Teyla really. So, no... I don't expect to see any team improvement in the coming season.

JF may be the leading man and first in the credits but it sure does not feel that way. I have to be honest in that... He's second fiddle to DH.

Comment

And Teyla is always there also. She's standing in the background, running for the jumper, dragging McKay out of his stupor, arguing with John, having actual interaction with Ronon, whining about Kanaan and her people, imitating Counselor Troi, eating ground slugs and a myriad of other things. She may not always be the focus. But. She. Is. There.
                          *giggles* Sorry, this is just a funny rant... I can feel the frustration. There's frustration, right? Cause otherwise I'm probably misreading.

I can proof though, that Teyla isn't around as much as Sheppard.
                          And quality over quantity.... yes, but if there isn't much quantity you can't have much quality either.

It may be favorite character prejudice, but I don't see why the Teyla fans are so upset.
                          I think the problem with that is that she is supposed to be part of the team... I'm not sure what Rachel's status is supposed to be on the show. She wasn't leading lady, that was for sure in the last 4 seasons. Maybe she is in 5, I don't know how that works really...
                          Anyway, as I was saying... I think the Teyla-fans (of who I am one) are just frustrated to have such a wonderful character with so much awesome potential being completely wasted away, like other characters. They all suffer from it except McKay. I think the McKay-fans are the happiest in the fandom (could be mistaken of course). And the whole pregnancy-storyline in 4 didn't do her any good, au contraire it hurt the character some more in my opinion (I know people who liked it).

I don't know... just my 2 cent on the matter...

My whine is Illustrator... oh, I'm putting literally every bit of frustration and snark in my work at the moment.

Comment

John is also just there sometimes. Wallpapered just like Teyla, only with a few more lines. Which by the way, I think in S4 were remarkably repetitive. It may be favorite character prejudice, but I don't see why the Teyla fans are so upset. They never said she was the star. The star is supposed to be the big damn hero. WTF isn't he?????

I think for me that is part of the problem, he is the leading man, and I suppose I kind of expected he'd be up first in the episode quota after the inital season opener. Maybe he will be, who knows, I just know at this point in time, there seems to be little information to suggest that he's actually in season 5. I mean I know he is, but the spoilers don't seem to suggest that, and the concentration at the moment (at least according to the sides) that focus is on new characters, be they guests or recurring. Which for me I just find a tad strange.

Sorry for depressing you hon... I seem to be doing that a lot lately.

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                            You know you luff me, you can't deny it to yourself any longer. Trust me, you'll feel better after you admit it.

there seem to be less Shep
                            In the words of Teal'c. But why? I am like that 5 year old constantly asking why?

Mmm... on second reading, it sorta does... well, it isn't really, but it does get boring. It's not bad, it's just not super either.
                            That was a joke hon. Is my sense of humour of to as well as my spideysense?

Nope... otherwise you wouldn't have felt the need to start the thread, and I wouldn't have felt the need to post in it. I feel it's going to be like in 4, where everybody is doing his/her own thing without having everybody there at the same time. And with the addition of new characters, new shiny toys... I don't see that changing and since I wasn't hallucinating yesterday about JM stating he liked the healthy mix of team and solo-flights (sorta) from season 4, we'd be seeing more of the same in season 5. Which means... the scale will once again tip in favor of a few and leave the rest wondering in darkness (gats, I feel like the Seer).
                            I love a good mix, but I just get the feeling from what we've read that more time will be spent on new characters rather than concentrating on developing the team. I really felt as if the team in S4 was less evident, and i really hope it's not that sort of mix that he's referring to. As Linz said there didn't seem to be many 'B' storylines either. Sometimes at least on those points we get to see more teamyness.

Up until now, there's talk of two Teyla-heavy episodes... mmm yeah, Missing was going to be about Teyla and turned out to be more about Keller than Teyla really. So, no... I don't expect to see any team improvement in the coming season.

JF may be the leading man and first in the credits but it sure does not feel that way. I have to be honest in that... He's second fiddle to DH.
                            I enjoyed missing. I agree it does feel like David is the lead at times, and while I do love Rodney, I don't think he had a particularly great season last year. While for me Shep did. But things seemed a bit turned around last year, and due to circumstances there were certain things that were out of kilt. For me the team doesn't consist of a couple of characters, it's the four of them, not jsut shep and rodney, and while I do love them both, even I didn't enjoy those single eps like Harmony as much as i'd have loved to see the team involved in that.

Comment

That was a joke hon. Is my sense of humour of to as well as my spideysense?
                              Doh! Seems I should have a look where I left my spideysense...

I enjoyed missing.
                              The only episode I was looking forward to in season 5 (apart from DG after some bit of info got out) and it delivered just nicely. I wouldn't have minded though if Teyla had hit Keller over the head, knocked some sense in that pretty head but leaving her at the bridge was equally satisfying. And the part with the squid... mmm, brilliant.

...Harmony...
                              It's the only episode that made me laugh spontaneously... I swear I was in stitches when the painting was revealed. It gets a few points for that, but just for that.

Comment

You know you luff me, you can't deny it to yourself any longer. Trust me, you'll feel better after you admit it.
                                ok...I admit it *sigh* wow I do feel better

In the words of Teal'c. But why? I am like that 5 year old constantly asking why?
                                IDK why don't we ask Joe
                                sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X