This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    How else will Jelgate's 4th law come to pass if it doesn't?
    And I thought you forgot. I'm telling you, I fear Atlantis Marine #3 is going to die this season.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      And I thought you forgot.
      Never.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Personally, I'd like for the new Captain Vega to be introduced and developed soley for the purpose of killing her off at the end of the season.
        sigpic
        http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
          Personally, I'd like for the new Captain Vega to be introduced and developed soley for the purpose of killing her off at the end of the season.
          She's female so it's likely, the current PTB seem to like killing the female characters, literally (Heightmeyer, Weir) or figuratively (Carter).
          sigpic

Comment

Carter's leaving because Tapping wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              I meant how they wrote her character
              sigpic

Comment

No need for the rolling of eyes, thank you very much. Maybe you should've made it clearer, or don't put her with those that has been taken off the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
                  She's female so it's likely, the current PTB seem to like killing the female characters, literally (Heightmeyer, Weir) or figuratively (Carter).
                  Um and last time I checked Weir looked pretty much alive to me.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    Um and last time I checked Weir looked pretty much alive to me.

Yeah but depending on the producer you ask aparently she (Original Weir) is dead and GITM looks like it will kind of finish the job.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
                      Yeah but depending on the producer you ask aparently she (Original Weir) is dead and GITM looks like it will kind of finish the job.
                      Which I still stand by what I said. If the actress said yes, I think it would of left her character open for a very interesting story arc. Season 6 looks promising because of the recent numbers, so who knows, they could of brought Weir back for S6 for some recurring eps.

Spoiler:
                      BTW, if Weir Ascended, like it seems to be the direction, that is not death, far from it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                        Yes, it was very exciting. [/sarcasm] Umm, there was the injection that Michael gave - that could have hurt the baby.
                        That's not it...

I doubt it. Michael wanted the baby alive.
                        C'mon, PG15! This is easy! You can do it! You can find the thing that would give Darth Tagaan the kill-off

Message to Reiko: Okay, I'll write Trio, but it will take time. Until then, you'll have to survive, imagining implosive compression affecting Keller in Adrift

Comment

No, it's not easy! Is it at least physical trauma? Or perhaps you're wrong and there isn't such a situation?

Comment

No, it's not easy! Is it at least physical trauma? Or perhaps you're wrong and there isn't such a situation?
                            Spoiler:
                            Yes, it is a physical trauma. Little hint: Rewatch S2 ep. Duet

Comment

Oh, you mean the part where she's "beamed up" by the dart?

I don't see the problem with that. The Wraith would not want to mess up their food and kill it; the dart in Duet was damaged, that's all. No wonder I never understood your problem with this. There were none.

And please, stop playing games. Just spell it out and end it. Geez.

And for that matter, BAMSR doesn't really count either. We don't know what effects stunners (I'm assuming you were talking about that) have on babies, so you can't judge either way.

Comment

Oh, you mean the part where she's "beamed up" by the dart?

I don't see the problem with that. The Wraith would not want to mess up their food and kill it; the dart in Duet was damaged, that's all. No wonder I never understood your problem with this. There were none.

And please, stop playing games. Just spell it out and end it. Geez.
                                And you keep telling me that I have no imagination... C'mon, you're better than this!
                                Spoiler:
                                We both know that the transport beam gives the victim a stunning jolt. The body of a 7 months pregnant woman has a very special way of reacting to such traumas: It triggers a premature childbirth. Even with immediate and top-notch medical care, the kid would have a hard time surviving (first hand experience). With the mommy being stunned (eg unable to yell for help + her body would lose the ability to properly control the process of childbirth) and without a doctor, who has experience with such things... no way for that little guy to survive

And for that matter, BAMSR doesn't really count either. We don't know what effects stunners (I'm assuming you were talking about that) have on babies, so you can't judge either way.
                                Spoiler:
                                We both know that stunners cause convulsions, paralysis and pain to the victim (by observing those, who have been hit in the past)... This means that whatever energy is being used, it has to spread through the body and cause a neural congestion (to a full-grown adult) - and I know exactly, how much energy is needed to do so. I took the liberty of taking the firing angles of the Wraith shooting up the jumper. Teyla was hit twice in that scene: The first hit went into her right shoulder. The child might have been harmed, but I doubt it would have a lasting effect. The second hit went into Teyla's lower stomach. No matter how the energy spreads through Teyla's body, it would have to go right through the kid. With that kind of energy, the term 'deep fried' was a very accurate description of what happened to the neural pathways forcing the kid's heart into beating...
                                Last edited by Pajus; 01 April 2008, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X