This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    It ticks me off with some of these reviews. It's the same old story. It was a good episode, had a lot of nice moments, BUT, should of been a 2 parter, it felt rushed. As the above article stated, the producers and writers had no time to add another ep or really change things around. They did what they could with what was given to them. I wish people could take the blame to MGM, they are the culprits. Maybe they could of worked with SCI FI to have a 2-parter. But then MGM would have 101 dalmations er um episodes.
    BSG finale is 3 hours long and Scifi chanell will most likely air it whole in one evening. So I wonder why SGA TPTW didn't try to make a longer version and pursuade Scifi to air a longer version? Or at least put a longer version on DVD
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
      BSG finale is 3 hours long and Scifi chanell will most likely air it whole in one evening. So I wonder why SGA TPTW didn't try to make a longer version and pursuade Scifi to air a longer version? Or at least put a longer version on DVD
      Because NBC/Universal is run by a bunch of rats.

Comment

Because the show is continuing into movie format. That is like 2 to 3 eps right there.
        sigpic

Comment

Because the show is continuing into movie format. That is like 2 to 3 eps right there.
          You have to look at it closer. Who is the BSG's main production company?
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            you have to look at it closer. Who is the bsg's main production company?
            Nbcu/SCI FI. Every dollar the show makes, the network basically gets a piece, unlike Stargate which is owned by MGM.
            sigpic

Comment

Nbcu/SCI FI. Every dollar the show makes, the network basically gets a piece, unlike Stargate which is owned by MGM.
              + some big boss from SCIFI chanell already said that BSG is their flag show, it's probably also a reason why they're going to air (most likely) a long finale
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

+ some big boss from SCIFI chanell already said that BSG is their flag show, it's probably also a reason why they're going to air (most likely) a long finale
                SGU will be taking over BSG as flagship show I would think. Atlantis was never a flagship show, SG-1 was. But as an entire franchise, Stargate is bigger on SCI FI because they have a very good rerun market unlike BSG. Funny how SGA and BSG get similar numbers.

Anyway, getting excited for the last 10 eps. I think the first few will be good, it will then get slow, then pick up with the last few eps. That is the BSG format.
                sigpic

Comment

SGU will be taking over BSG as flagship show I would think. Atlantis was never a flagship show, SG-1 was. But as an entire franchise, Stargate is bigger on SCI FI because they have a very good rerun market unlike BSG. Funny how SGA and BSG get similar numbers.

Anyway, getting excited for the last 10 eps. I think the first few will be good, it will then get slow, then pick up with the last few eps. That is the BSG format.
                  don't forget on Caprica series, which should air in 2010 but anyway, as much as I really disliked SGA in the past four years, I believe 520 deserved to be aired in a longer format than standart 42 min
                  Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

don't forget on Caprica series, which should air in 2010 but anyway, as much as I really disliked SGA in the past four years, I believe 520 deserved to be aired in a longer format than standart 42 min
                    Meh, SCI FI will get their money from the series through reruns. I think SGA reairs pull in a 0.5/0.6 rating last time I checked, and costs them next to nothing to air. So they are milking the series in their own way, lol.

BSG is more of a one time lets go all out with a bang thing and that's that. Although I know you disagree, I think Atlantis went out on a very high note, and a lot of folks agree with me.
                    sigpic

Comment

How do you know that MGM's Charlie Cohen didn't try to negotiate with the SciFi Channel? We don't know and we'll probably never know.

But you also have to take into consideration the state of the current economy -- not only in the US but Canada as well. And other factors -- actor, crew and staff availability among them.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Off Topic sort of: On the list of topics for SGA this one has a little envelope with the word sticky by it. What does that mean in relation to the topic. I've seen it on a few of the other topics also.
                        There are only 10 types of people in the world
                        Those who understand binary
                        and those who don't.

Comment

A Sticky means the thread will always be at the top of the folder
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

From variety.com on the 'recommended' list

"Stargate Atlantis," Sci-Fi Channel, 9 p.m.
                            The series ends its time in space with return appearances by Amanda Tapping, Paul McGillion and Mitch Pileggi

Comment

Meh, SCI FI will get their money from the series through reruns. I think SGA reairs pull in a 0.5/0.6 rating last time I checked, and costs them next to nothing to air. So they are milking the series in their own way, lol.

BSG is more of a one time lets go all out with a bang thing and that's that. Although I know you disagree, I think Atlantis went out on a very high note, and a lot of folks agree with me.
                              As fans we'll never know the full story behind axing SGA, but most of it will be about money, that's for sure. As for BSG, the producers decide to end it before Skiffy skewered it, I suppose.

Comment

http://scifi.about.com/b/2009/01/11/...-you-think.htm

Atlantis Finale: What Did You Think?
                                Sunday January 11, 2009

What did you think of the Stargate Atlantis finale? Read the review and then write your own!

VISIT LINK FOR DETAILS

Comment

Working...
                                X