X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGA - Total SciFi: Review - 'Infection':

At Total SciFi:

(Please follow the link for the complete review.)

Posted on Wednesday 21 January 2009

Stargate Atlantis: Infection (season 5, episode 17)

TV episode review
    US premiere 5 December 2008 (Sci Fi Channel)

VERDICT: 7/10

... With only a couple more to go before the finale, this episode would appear to be tying up the loose ends of the Wraith gene therapy storyline before the big Wraith episode which will see the series out. It does that well enough, but by the far best thing here is the return of Todd after his turning on the humans at the end of the mid-season two-parter.

This time he needs their help, but thankfully Christopher Heyerdahl continues to give him a forceful and menacing edge. The initial suspected attack turns out to be a trap, before the episode turns into a medical thriller which focuses on finding a cure for Todd. It also manages to weave a stalk-and-chomp scenario into the action. It all just about works, especially as the hiveship itself becomes a focus throughout.

The sets and shooting style are effectively creepy, and the special effects sequences don’t disappoint. There’s also a neat exploration of the implications of an organic living ship with plenty of bizarre detail. Brigid Cherry

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA/SGU - Cynopsis: NATPE 2009 Shopping Guide:

From Cynopsis:

(Please follow the link for the complete shopping guide.)

Cynopsis: NATPE 2009 Shopping Guide

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Good morning. It's Thursday, January 22, 2009, and here is your Cynopsis NATPE 2009 Shopping Guide. NATPE 2009 kicks off next week in Las Vegas, starting on Monday, January 26th and ending on Thursday the 29t, at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Hotel in Las Vegas.

If you are traveling to Las Vegas, the weather report for the week begins on Monday with scattered showers and in the mid-50's. For the remainder of the week, the forecast calls for Party Cloudy skies and in the low to mid-50's during the day, dipping down to the mid to high 30's at night. Not too shabby if you're coming from one of the chillier areas of the country! Safe travels - see you in Las Vegas!

Here is the Cynopsis NATPE 2009 Shopping Guide. All of the listings here are alphabetical and were supplied to us by the distributor specifically for this edition. Each distributor was asked to provide us with the following information for their top 5 properties: title, availability date, number of episodes, length, type or genre and terms. We have also provided the distributor's Booth Number when we had it, and/or contact information.

...METRO-GOLDWYN-MAYER STUDIOS INC. (MGM)
      Booth #6-A
      Series:

RENO 911!, 104 eps, 30 min, Genre: Comedy
      Chappelle's Show, 58 eps, 30 min, Genre: Comedy
      Stargate Atlantis, 79 eps, 60 min, Genre: Sci-Fi
      MGM Presents, 52 weeks (includes eps of Dead Like Me and The Outer Limits), 60 min, Genre: Sci-Fi
      Ron Hazelton's Housecalls, 52 eps, 30 min, Genre: Reality

... MGM INTERNATIONAL

Series:
      Stargate Universe, 60 min, Genre: Sci-Fi
      Spaceballs: The Animated Series, 13 eps/30 min + one-hour pilot, Genre: Comedy

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Total SciFi: Review - 'Identity':

At Total SciFi:

(Please follow the link for the complete review.)

Posted on Thursday 22 January 2009

Stargate Atlantis: Identity (season 5, episode 18)

TV episode review
        US premiere 12 December 2008 (Sci Fi Channel)

VERDICT: 4/10

... For a programme that is down to its last three episodes ever, why just do a stock, filler plot that has been done at least a couple of times before and doesn’t do anything to propel the show to any sort of final gripping climax (especially as the previous episode went a long way towards setting this up)?

Why don’t we see what’s happening with Todd? Why aren’t the anti-Asgard back? What, not even any hint at what the Wraith are up to?? No, nothing at all like that – even as a secondary or side plot. Instead, we get an OK episode with a lot of running around in the Canadian forest and a frantic rush to save Keller. Even as a body swap story, it doesn’t entirely work.

From past characterisation, Keller is not an action heroine type by a long shot, but when her body is inhabited it takes on all the physical prowess of the interloper. How does that work, then? Ah, well, it’s a romp, but not terribly much fun at this point in the series. -- Brigid Cherry

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

You know, we've had A LOT of Wraith eps this season... And yet here they are complaining that the 18th wasn't one...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

SGA - David Hewlett - Stargate Magazine: Issue # 26 Interview Extract:

Official Stargate Magazine Issue # 27 Cover:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2502
            Last edited by morjana; 23 January 2009, 03:48 PM.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Stargate: Atlantis: Official Companion Season 5 (Paperback):

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....93&postcount=1

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

F.... f...

Spoiler:
                *Faints*

Thud.

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                  Stargate: Atlantis: Official Companion Season 5 (Paperback):

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....93&postcount=1

And you got and artical from Stargate Issue 26...... oh now you done it, GoSpiky just gone thud on the floor.

Thanks for the heads up can't wait for both Issue 26 and the Companion season 5.

Any word from your sources as to when they may start releasing the DVD season 5

MCH
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

Originally posted by MCH View Post
                    And you got and artical from Stargate Issue 26...... oh now you done it, GoSpiky just gone thud on the floor.

Thanks for the heads up can't wait for both Issue 26 and the Companion season 5.

Any word from your sources as to when they may start releasing the DVD season 5

MCH
                    Issue 26 is already available (the one with the David Hewlett interview). The cover illustration is for issue # 27.

And checking my Mr. 8 ball for the answer to the DVDs ... Mr. 8 ball is currently unavailable (he's taking a nap apparently, sorry).

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                      F.... f...

Spoiler:
                      *Faints*

Thud.
                      Hello? Spikey, you okay?

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Hello? Spikey, you okay?
                        Morjana I think that was a Triple A thud, thud, thud for GoSpiky.

not to mention a couple of other fans on Todd thunk thread who are picking themselves up of the floor.

MCH

Thanks for looking into DVD's for me sure Mr 8 ball will let you know as soon as he can.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

I am, thanks.

Hey, are those companions neat? I haven't a clue what they're about. Do they have extra information about the episodes, or what?

Pictures?

Some Wraith info we know nothing about yet? *g*

Comment

SGA - David Hewlett - Stargate Magazine: Issue # 26 Interview Extract:

Official Stargate Magazine Issue # 27 Cover:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2502
                            Wooohooo!!!! (runs around living room) Todd's a coverboy!!! I knew he could do it! lol What a weird threesome, though. It looks like they're trying to indicate a love triangle. LOL (Sorry I'm cracking myself up here. Don't mind me.) Will be checking Borders today after I go see Underworld 3.

mfw

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                              I am, thanks.

Hey, are those companions neat? I haven't a clue what they're about. Do they have extra information about the episodes, or what?

Pictures?

Some Wraith info we know nothing about yet? *g*
                              The photos are mainly black & white, with about ten pages of color photos in the center of the book. They have brief episode synopses, plus comments from either the writers/directors or a cast member or someone from the crew. Sometimes there are factoids (that are sometimes correct).

Plus, they usually have a forward by either one of the producers/writers or an actor, and articles at the end of the book, about the characters/cast, and recurring characters from that season.

I have all the SG1 Companions and I won the SGA season 4 Companion from Tvaholic! I have enjoyed reading them and use them for reference.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Stargate / Sanctuary - Pop Culture Zoo: Catching Up With Amanda Tapping:

At Pop Culture Zoo:

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)

Catching Up With Amanda Tapping

By Joseph Dilworth Jr. - January 26, 2009

Now that Sanctuary has been renewed for a second season, we thought it was time to have another chat with Amanda Tapping. This time around we discuss season one, where production is on season two and what it was like shooting the final episode of Stargate Atlantis.

... PCZ: My favorite part of the final episode was the little tribute to Don Davis and General Hammond. I think it speaks highly of the cast and crew that even in an episode where so much needs to get done, room is made to have a scene like that.

AT: Something had to be said that’s such a show of respect for an incredible man who…here come the tears…but something had to be said. I remember we were at Don Davis’ memorial and I was standing in his kitchen with his wife, Ruby, and Joe Mallozzi said “We’re naming the ship the General Hammond.” And we all just lost it. “Of course you are, thank you.” It’s a subtle, simple tribute, which is exactly - Don was a simple, beautiful man so that’s how they did it, it was lovely. You can’t overplay it, you’ve just got to say it. As an actor you wonder how you could possibly do justice to it. It one line and it’s so huge. So, it was just keeping it simple and lovely.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X