This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question 1 of 10
    Where is Teyla's baby born in "Search and Rescue"?

Aboard Michael's hive ship
    Aboard the Daedalus
    In Atlantis's infirmary

Michael does not have a Hive ship...

You can see how much attention they paid to SGA.

Edit:

Question 3 of 10
    In "Tracker," what do Kiryk and Ronon have in common?

Both are from Sateda
    Both enjoy keeping their hair long
    Both get close enough to Keller to inject her with a cure

Huh?
    Last edited by GoSpikey; 10 January 2009, 07:11 AM.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
      Question 1 of 10
      Where is Teyla's baby born in "Search and Rescue"?

Aboard Michael's hive ship
      Aboard the Daedalus
      In Atlantis's infirmary

Michael does not have a Hive ship...

You can see how much attention they paid to SGA.
      Uhm...I could have sworn that was a hive ship I saw them on in "Search & Rescue" -- you know, the one that Caldwell had Marks "go away" with the Daedalus Asgard beam...

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
      Edit:

Question 3 of 10
      In "Tracker," what do Kiryk and Ronon have in common?

Both are from Sateda
      Both enjoy keeping their hair long
      Both get close enough to Keller to inject her with a cure

Huh?
      Okay, that one is puzzling!

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
        Uhm...I could have sworn that was a hive ship I saw them on in "Search & Rescue" -- you know, the one that Caldwell had Marks "go away" with the Daedalus Asgard beam...Okay, that one is puzzling!
        That was a crusier not a Hive ship
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          That was a crusier not a Hive ship
          D'oh! My only excuse -- old age. Thank you both for the correct info!

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...in_summer.html

Stargate Universe to Premier in Summer 2009
            January 10, 2009 by Mark Whittington

excerpt:

Stargate Atlantis's final and 100th episode, Enemy at the Gate, ended pretty much as the series ran. The evil aliens the Wraith had discovered the location of Earth and had dispatched a giant "hive ship" to a planet which, for them, held six billion plus happy meals on legs. The heroic crew of the Arlantis swung into action. There was lots of ship to hive ship and flying city to hive ship combat. There was an aerial dogfight over Area 51. Colonel Shepherd flew a nuclear bomb armed fighter into the super hive ship for a possible reenactment of the final sequence from Independence Day with Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum. Ronan and Tyla killed a lot of Wraith. Ronan died, but came back. Dr. McKay uttered a lot of very nervous technobabble as the battle raged. Dr, Keller looked gorgeous. There was a cool tribute to General Hammond, the original commander of Stargate Command, played by the late Don Davis.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

SGA - Film School Rejects: Review - 'Enemy at the Gate':

At Film School Rejects:

(Please follow the link for the complete review.)

TV Review: Stargate Atlantis 5.20 – Enemy at the Gate

Posted by Kevin Carr on January 10, 2009

... Review: I cannot help but feel sad with this episode because it is the end of Stargate: Atlantis as a series. Of course, there was a quick teaser for the new series Stargate: Universe at the end of the episode. We’ll see about the new series, but I did like both SG-1 and Atlantis, so I have hope.

As far as series finales go, this was a pretty great episode. We had the Wraith attacking Earth. We had the return of Todd. We had a really cool in-space fire-fight between the super-hive and the Atlantis city. We also had some nice cameos by the old SG-1 crew, including Amanda Tapping as Sam Carter, Colin Cunningham as Major Davis and Gary Jones as Airman Harriman. And on a sad note, we also had a nice nod to the late, great Don Davis (SG-1’s original leader, General Hammond), who died this summer of a heart attack ...

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - SyFy Portal - Review - 'Enemy at the Gate':

At SyFy Portal:

Review: 'Stargate: Atlantis' – Enemy At The Gate

By MIKE MOODY
                Source: SyFy Portal
                Jan-10-2009

Was this the "Stargate Atlantis" series finale fans were hoping for? Probably not; it's been widely reported that the producers of "Atlantis" learned the show would be cancelled while they were still writing this episode. They had to retool the script in a hurry in order to turn a season ender into a series finale. So we ended up with an episode that felt too short (only one hour?), too rushed, and plot developments that felt too unbelievable and convenient. But I can forgive all that.

... What Worked:

I loved the idea of a big bad ZPM-powered Wraith Hive ship. After receiving the transmission from the goth-rockin' Wraith in "Vegas," this ever-evolving monster set its sights on Earth and knocked out two of the IOA's best battleships. It's a good thing our heroes weren't facing a fleet of these things.

... It's been a few weeks since Atlantis delivered a good space battle, and these didn't disappoint. The attack on Earth was especially good, and it's always a pleasure to watch the city go into orbit.

I also loved the sight of Atlantis floating on the San Francisco Bay. I can't believe the entire city made it to Earth. Have I told ya I'm lookin' forward to that tele-movie yet?

The cameos, even Amanda Tapping, were a lot of fun. (I never thought I'd see Kavanagh again!). And I didn't mind the tribute to Don Davis/Major General George Hammond at all.

What Didn't Work:

It all went by so fast. In a perfect world, this would've been a two-parter, and some of the plot developments, especially the solutions to some of the big problems, probably wouldn't have seemed so trite or unearned. The scope of the episode also seemed a little too small. I was hoping to see the Wraith attack a big city Like New York or L.A. (I would've even settled for Toronto).

... So Ronon (Jason Momoa) died, but not really. Ronon's resurrection really rang false for me. I was glad to see the character live, but his comeback could've been handled a lot better. As it played out, it felt a little sloppy and ridiculous. Why kill him off only to bring him back five minutes later? I think Ronon deserved better. But at least he's alive, which means we'll see him again.

~~**~~**

Obviously, some of these reviewers have never been to San Francisco.

Atlantis was out in the Pacific, looking towards the San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge, which is at the very entrance to San Francisco Bay.

There wouldn't be room for Atlantis, and all the commercial ship (sea going) traffic inside the bay.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

It ticks me off with some of these reviews. It's the same old story. It was a good episode, had a lot of nice moments, BUT, should of been a 2 parter, it felt rushed. As the above article stated, the producers and writers had no time to add another ep or really change things around. They did what they could with what was given to them. I wish people could take the blame to MGM, they are the culprits. Maybe they could of worked with SCI FI to have a 2-parter. But then MGM would have 101 dalmations er um episodes.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    It ticks me off with some of these reviews. It's the same old story. It was a good episode, had a lot of nice moments, BUT, should of been a 2 parter, it felt rushed. As the above article stated, the producers and writers had no time to add another ep or really change things around. They did what they could with what was given to them. I wish people could take the blame to MGM, they are the culprits. Maybe they could of worked with SCI FI to have a 2-parter. But then MGM would have 101 dalmations er um episodes.
                    Most critics don't read JM's blog. They're too busy watching tv shows and reviewing them, so they, like virtually all the viewers of the show, had no idea of the behind-the-scenes stuff (in fact, we only what JM has dropped on his blog). Many fans also wanted it to be a two parter and felt it was rushed, and you know, it is all just everyone's opinion.

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                    [
                    Obviously, some of these reviewers have never been to San Francisco.

Atlantis was out in the Pacific, looking towards the San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge, which is at the very entrance to San Francisco Bay.

There wouldn't be room for Atlantis, and all the commercial ship (sea going) traffic inside the bay.
                    I'd hazard a guess that oh, most people on this planet haven't been to San Francisco Bay

But .... You don't land a huge object in the water without expecting some kind of reaction. There's a massive amount of water being displaced, and well, some of that water is going to get shoved right into the bay. It's going to be tough to explain that. And they're pretty close to the bridge, judging from the photos.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                      Most critics don't read JM's blog. They're too busy watching tv shows and reviewing them, so they, like virtually all the viewers of the show, had no idea of the behind-the-scenes stuff (in fact, we only what JM has dropped on his blog). Many fans also wanted it to be a two parter and felt it was rushed, and you know, it is all just everyone's opinion.

I know, but my point is a lot of us wanted it to be a 2 parter, but there was a real reason behind why it was not. Matter of opinion is not the issue here. It was something that could not have been done even if the producers wanted it to be done.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                        I know, but my point is a lot of us wanted it to be a 2 parter, but there was a real reason behind why it was not. Matter of opinion is not the issue here. It was something that could not have been done even if the producers wanted it to be done.
                        My point is that yes, there was a reason, but also, not everybody reads JM's blog, etc. to know that, therefore, it's a valid point to raise.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                          My point is that yes, there was a reason, but also, not everybody reads JM's blog, etc. to know that, therefore, it's a valid point to raise.
                          Yup, that is why people like you and I are here for.
                          sigpic

Comment

Enemy at the Gate (I09)

http://io9.com/5128401/this-is-the-e...ragte-atlantis

excerpt:

I was tremendously disappointed when Ronon came back to life. Then I
                            remembered that NO ONE DIES ON STARGATE ever, so why would the final episode be any different? In fact, it was right at this point in the episode that I stopped looking for a grand finale and set back and just enjoyed Stargate for what it was: simple. It would have been wrong, no matter how climactically interesting, to kill off a character because it would be going against the grain of Stargate. I gave up wanting more and embraced SGA for all that it had been. What was I thinking? Of course Ronon is going to come back and have long-haried babies that punch things and like guns.

So Ronon doesn't die and the Earth is saved because Atlantis splashes down in the nick of time and some sciency stuff that doesn't make any sense.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

SGA - Clique Clack: Revew - 'Enemy at the Gate':

At Clique Clack:

Stargate Atlantis - The Big Series Finale

Posted by Brett Love

TV shows come and go every year. That’s just how it works. Even with that in mind, it’s been a long time since I’ve been as disappointed to see a show go as I was with Atlantis. Season five has been a fun ride, and there are certainly more tales to tell for our friends in the Pegasus galaxy. Sure, we’ll get a bit of that with the planned movie(s), but it just won’t be the same as tuning in on Friday nights to watch the next chapter.

All of that is in the rear view now, and we have a series finale to talk about. Before I sat down to watch “Enemy At The Gate,” I was thinking about what would make for a great series finale. We’ll get to that list after the jump, but the good news is that the show delivered on just about everything I was looking for to wrap things up.

... Of course, being a finale, there should also be some closure. This one is complicated for Atlantis, because of the movies. We need an end to the story, but there has to be a little something to point us in that new direction. The complication was handled well. The Wraith were defeated, the good guys won, and now we have Atlantis parked off the coast of California, waiting for the movie. All things considered, it was about as good a finale as I could have hoped for ...

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Yahoo - Jason Momoa on Yahoo's Today's Top Searches:

At Yahoo's main page:

Today's Top Searches

1. Kate Winslet
                                2. Cheryl Burke
                                3. Mary Lynn Rajskub
                                4. 3D TV

5. Jason Momoa

6. Cherry Jones
                                7. Foreclosures
                                8. 2009 Toyota Sienna
                                9. Acne Treatment
                                10. Birthday Balloons

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X