This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    but this is stargate and tptb can't write for a real pregnancy and have a normal baby. Just look at well they write relationships in general. Of course they will make him into Frankenstein...that's a given.
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRasschaert View Post
      On Angel, Charisma Carpenter's character Cordelia wasn't so lucky. She was written out and after her baby was born in season 5, was killed off.
      It's not too late for this to happen... I think, I would be glad if that would happen, relieved. It would be easier to leave this show for what it was.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
        Spoiler:
        but this is stargate and tptb can't write for a real pregnancy and have a normal baby. Just look at well they write relationships in general. Of course they will make him into Frankenstein...that's a given.
        I did say it was complete fantasy. And that's pretty much why it IS fantasy. Which is a sad, sad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          It's not too late for this to happen... I think, I would be glad if that would happen, relieved. It would be easier to leave this show for what it was.
          Oh noes!!! You want them to kill the backup singer!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
            Might have been more interesting if, say, everything was going along fine but then the pregnancy started to develop complications which were traced back to having two Wraithy parents, necessitating various raids on Wraith facilities and/or deals worked out with Todd in order to find something to help the sproglet-to-be. No Michael, no nefarious plans, just a desperate rush to save the life of an unborn child. And since we're talking complete fantasy, here, maybe it'll turn out that Ford has the answer. He's half-Wraith himself, after all, and has been experimenting in those areas. You could bring him back into the fold and maybe helping Teyla will help restore some of his sanity, enough to allow Team Atlantis to help him. Thus two lives can be saved, an old wrong can be put right and we can have a baby who isn't part of an evil plot but who still manages not to be entirely normal, since gods forbid there should be a normal baby born on a scifi show.
            Brilliant. I would be excited about instead of disengaged in the baby plot if that happened. Instead we get evilhybridvillian baby. *yawn*

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
              Oh noes!!! You want them to kill the backup singer!!
              Yes, I do.

Does that make me a bad fan? No, it makes me want to see Rachel do something in which she can show off her talent. She's wasting away in Atlantis.

Comment

I still say Teyla and Ronon should run away together to fight evil their own way. And they can take Kanaan and the rest of the Athosians with them. It clears up all the dead wood and it'd allow the various actors to go off and get REAL jobs where they'll actually be USED. Although I suppose it isn't as important for the Athosian population since they're mostly extras anyway.

Comment

Season 5 the way it is meant to be . Carson on one side, Keller on the other

**heee heee heee**

Comment

Blech. I haven't been excited at all how Teyla's supposed "arc" has been progressing in s4 and I have little desire to see it concluded in s5. Now Michael is boring, Teyla is ridiculously passive, Kanaan provokes zero empathy, and don't even get me started on freak!baby. Don't care, not interested.

I'm surprisingly lukewarm toward clone!Carson (now known as Carsicle) too.

It's actually quite liberating to say that I'm not going to bother watching SGA after s4. No more wading through crappy eps for a few great moments. No more being led on by PTB who say the premiere is going to be the best ever or that everyone is going to love Keller. Nope, I took my lumps and made it through s4. That's all the punishment I'm willing to inflict upon myself.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                      That's all the punishment I'm willing to inflict upon myself.
                      Well, that's a perfect way of putting it... I think I can say that I did my time... Now, I should be free.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        I betcha it took a walk with mine.
                        Originally posted by erb View Post
                        And mine. We're starting a parade!
                        *joins hands and marches in lockstep* But then I never pretended to be nice in the first place. I'm opinionated, outspoken and proud. Just ask my family. lol

It seems like a good number of posters on the Kindred thread also don't care for the baby arc. So that means TPTB will make it a big part of S5. You realize now, don't you, that most of at least the first half will be devoted to getting the sprout back from Michael. Teyla will emote about "my son", beg John to risk everybody's life to save him, and Kanan will die a hero never to be spoken of again. John will be the new de facto babydaddy. This is the point at which I go back to the old I Love Lucy reruns.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

as atlantis turns
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Days of Our Gates
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

The Young and the Wretched

Comment

I am concerned about what kind of role the baby will have next season. Everything else I think will be great, especially after watching the Kindred. Just have to watch it before we make a final judgement on it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X