This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    Healthy attitude. I have my doubts about Woolsey, but I also think the writers can pull it off. I am still wishing Carson had more than just 5 eps, so a little taken back about that, oh well. We just have to see how things play out.
    Well, that was my attitude with season 4, when I heard both Carson and Weir are gone, and that the show runners are Joe Mallozzi and Paul Mullie, who usually go for the more derivative direction in their writing (IMO).
    After 18 episodes of season 4, I'm not as easily inclined to be optimistic about season 5.
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
      Only to see whether We come in peace, shoot to kill gets the time-proven combination of court martial / firing squad he deserves
      I really can't see TPTB's Mary-Sue getting what he deserves. Go cold turkey and break out the jigsaw puzzles

Comment

Only to see whether We come in peace, shoot to kill gets the time-proven combination of court martial and firing squad he deserves
        You'll be waiting for a long time then...

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
          You'll be waiting for a long time then...
          Any news on the actor strike?

Comment

Only to see whether We come in peace, shoot to kill gets the time-proven combination of court martial and firing squad he deserves

You will be disappointed

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              Healthy attitude. I have my doubts about Woolsey, but I also think the writers can pull it off. I am still wishing Carson had more than just 5 eps, so a little taken back about that, oh well. We just have to see how things play out.
              I like Carson, I really do, but his appearance as recurring must be part of a story-arc, otherwise it wouldn't make much sense, unless they reinstate him as head doctor of Atlantis. Again, I still have to watch episode 19: The Kindred part 2 to see in what way Carson was brought back: post-ascended, as a clone or the original of a clone that died on Sunday?
              Obviously no matter who they chose as the new leader of the Atlantis expedition, no one will be completly satisfied with their choice. So we can only wait and see how they will do it. I personally think Woolsey was great as laison between SGC, Atlantis expedition and the IOA, but as leader??? I have mixed feelings about it. We will have to wait and see how they do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna
                Woolsey, ridiculous as it sounds, could be a good choice because nobody will cry if he remains blissfully wallpapered, which is why I believe he is chosen to take the place in the glass office.
                They'll cry just over his presence. He is the main reason I will not watch season 5.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                  Well, that was my attitude with season 4, when I heard both Carson and Weir are gone, and that the show runners are Joe Mallozzi and Paul Mullie, who usually go for the more derivative direction in their writing (IMO).
                  Same here. Carson was my absolute favourite and Elizabeth was my second but I decided to give the new season a try. I've only liked a few of the episodes and am unhappy with the casting changes. Fooling around with the cast was possibly the most stupid thing they could do :/

I've mentioned this before but I'm utterly disgusted at the new 'family' there trying to imply. The previous family was built up over 2-3 seasons and I loved the bonds they had. You can't .... You can't just replace that.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

Same here. Carson was my absolute favourite and Elizabeth was my second but I decided to give the new season a try. I've only liked a few of the episodes and am unhappy with the casting changes. Fooling around with the cast was possibly the most stupid thing they could do :/

I've mentioned this before but I'm utterly disgusted at the new 'family' there trying to imply. The previous family was built up over 2-3 seasons and I loved the bonds they had. You can't .... You can't just replace that.

You can when you give 2 or 3 years to it

Comment

It's going to be totally off topic - and I live the picture you posted - but WHAT on Earth is Ronon wearing? Long hand gloves?!

Fooling around with the cast and writing characters out is the best way to make a show go downhill. *nodsnods*
                      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

[FONT="Georgia"]

Adnmittedly, it's not just characters for me. I can appreciate and enjoy a good episode even when I don't like the bigger meaning of it - for example, I thought Sunday was probably one fo the best - if not the best - episode of the show, even though killing Carson was a huge mistake IMO. Or, notehr example would be Common Ground, I really don't like Sheppard - and amnot a big fan of Joe Flannigan's acting style, I admit - but the story was strong enough for me to have my first enjoyable Sheppard episode
                        And then there's the issue of misused good characters. I used to love Sam in SG1 seasons 1-6. I liked her less and less in seasons 7-8, and while I started liking her moer again in the second half of season 9 and season 10, she never went back to the fantastic Sam she was in seasons 1-6. But this year in Atlantis she went back to being... nothing.It's a good analogy for the new cast in season 5 - so I liked Woolsey as an adversary, I thinkt he idea of him running Atlantis is bad - but at the end of the day, I can't even guess how it'd be like because he's probably going to go through the same personality transplent Sam did in season 4! Cos - and that's a problem Liz suffered from a lot as well in seasons 1-2, til they found her "voice" finally in season 3 (and then kicked her out, brilliant!) - they often write for the "leader of Atlantis" rather than the specific character that occupies that space, and the character ends up being written OOC and stupid...

But, as I said, it's not jsut casting. This season definitely comes in short because Beckett adn Weir aren't in it - it's hard to tell more interesting, deep stories when your characters have the depth of a shoe, but it's not the only problem. The stories have become a lot less exciting this year - and that's a thing that no casting change is going to change. That's why I mentioned M&M becoming showrunners this year - they're continuing to season 5 and after the way this season has gone, I have little hope the problem, story-wise, will change...
                        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                        Yes, I am!
                        sigpic
                        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

good grief. ronon looks like a pr0n king

glad that costume seems to have died somewhere
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                            It's going to be totally off topic - and I love the picture you posted - but WHAT on Earth is Ronon wearing? Long hand gloves?!
                            Looks a bit like one of Vala's dresses, but maybe that's just the angle and the fact that my eyes aren't totally open yet. *reaches for coffee*

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

***Is shocked!! Denise, how can you say that word ...shooo, shoo, go away ***

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

Didn't he wear that in Sateda? Or Reunion ... cause I think I saw him wearing it. Or I am just confused...which is entirely in the realm of possibilities since I'm sleep deprived at the moment.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X