Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't worry too much about the kid. According to the laws of physics, that poor being would've been killed twice already (and I haven't seen Kindred 2 yet)

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
    Except Young Trance and Old Trace were the same actor with better makeup. baby Wraith spawn and old Wraith spawn would have to be played by different actors (or a doll and an actor lol) unless Teyla gives birth to a fully grown 'baby' and thats just too Mork and Mindy (although i wouldn't put it past TPTB). :shudder
    Considering the size of an adult man, that birth would most definitely kill Teyla and FH would be set free from SGA once and for all

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
      Considering the size of an adult man, that birth would most definitely kill Teyla and FH would be set free from SGA once and for all
      I fail to see the downside, after all it's sci-fi they can always bring her back there's bound to be an ancient zombie healing device lying around altantis somewhere
      sigpic

Comment

Teyla's immortal. She will annoy me until SGA ends
        Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          since 'via scifi means' has no definition, it can mean whatever joe wants it to mean. he may define it as

'baby will not ascend'

i just cannot believe that the baby will simply 'go away' after all the trouble the've gone to to bring up him being a hybrid. I"m waiting for the 'kanaan only slept with teyla because michael told him to' revelation to come out
          That cracked me up! I wouldn't be surprised at all - poor Teyla. Can they make her any less stupid or blank? I'm afraid no. They are ruining her.

Actually I just realized my brain cells hurt from this discussion... I love my brain cells much too much for that.
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

you mean, michael clones the baby, gives teyla the sickly clone back, takes the regular child, teyla's sickly clone dies (withhout them knowing that it's a clone of course) then years later her son comes back,f ully grown, as teh newest biggest bad

one thing against this....for the storyline to play out really well he'd need to come back in season 8...i doubt the show will last beyond season 5, so we may be spared
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
              I already filed for divorce... Besides that sounds like an episode of The Outer Limits (one where AT guessed starred).

And that idea about bringing the future kid to the past, is exactly what the Charmed storyline was all about for a whole season.

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
              Aw! *pats g.o.d! I'm sure TPTB will find a way to put her back in the background where she hasn't left really... Would that help?
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Aw! *pats g.o.d! I'm sure TPTB will find a way to put her back in the background where she hasn't left really... Would that help?
                if she won't grimace and won't say a word, I'll have no problem with that. She can remain as a wallpaper.
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

making peace and placating rodney and saying 'john' in that way she does
                  Thanks for the bout of nausea first thing in the morning.

since 'via scifi means' has no definition, it can mean whatever joe wants it to mean. he may define it as

'baby will not ascend'

i just cannot believe that the baby will simply 'go away' after all the trouble the've gone to to bring up him being a hybrid. I"m waiting for the 'kanaan only slept with teyla because michael told him to' revelation to come out
                  Precisely. There are a lot of things that can happen to babies that don't involve scifi. The most logical is that with all this foreshadowing about whether Teyla will return to the team, she will finally decide that yes indeedy her place is by their side wielding a P-90 and kicking butt. The sproutlet will be fostered with an Athosian woman as is the custom of "her people". Wa la, problem solved. "Why yes Rodney, he is growing and prospering. Thank you for asking."

I wonder what John's time travel is going to change though. They may use that to do a quick rescue of Teyla and get rid of Kanaan.

if she won't grimace and won't say a word, I'll have no problem with that. She can remain as a wallpaper.
                  ITA on both counts. I like her as wallpaper. Away from John...far far away. Off on a mission with Ronon works.

Oh, and no matter what Michael did to Kanaan. Teyla still got pregnant by him willingly. She seems to truly be obsessed with him in a good way, even to the point of in K2 putting him before her unborn child. They have truly destroyed her character if they in turn try to go back to shipping her with John. Even with all my intense hatred of that ship, I could have accepted it in time without this little development. Well, that and the fact that John is actively trying to find love in all the wrong places, none of which involve her.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

teyla has unfortunatley suffered from the fact that these writers can't write 'real' women. cliches, yes. but a kick tushie character that's more than the sum of her cup size??

nah

they seem to get so distracted by the gender of who they're writing for that they forget that they shoud be simply writing a character

the fostering idea also makes sense in explaining any absences caused by rachel wanting/needing some time off

sigpic

Comment

Oh, and no matter what Michael did to Kanaan. Teyla still got pregnant by him willingly. She seems to truly be obsessed with him in a good way, even to the point of in K2 putting him before her unborn child. They have truly destroyed her character if they in turn try to go back to shipping her with John. Even with all my intense hatred of that ship, I could have accepted it in time without this little development. Well, that and the fact that John is actively trying to find love in all the wrong places, none of which involve her.
                      i'm not saying that teyla wasn't willing. But i figure there is a chance that kanaan was 'ordered' to seduce her for the sakeo f mixing thier genetics.

and yeah, if teyla, who seems to adore kanaan, goes back to 'loving' john, it will be odd

of course, you do have to realize that people will see ship wherever they want to see ship. those that want to see teyla/john WILL see it. And they will see it in the most brief and impersonal of encounters

sigpic

Comment

I like both John and Teyla and simply can't stand them together. After she got willingly preggers by another man, nevermind what happens to the baby, if they go back to ship her with John, then this show deserves the name like Stargate: Baywatch or something even worse. If TPTB wanted that "romance" that bad, there was plenty of time in first three years. I never saw this "love" Teyla had for John, apart from friends or brother and sister love. It simply isn't on the screen. but yeah if he says "Good morning" and she smiles and replies "Why it's a very nice morning, John" (in special Teyla tone) shippers will go nutso.

I miss Elizabeth. Yes that statement was totally ship biased. There was chemistry to start with at least.

Comment

you mean, michael clones the baby, gives teyla the sickly clone back, takes the regular child, teyla's sickly clone dies (withhout them knowing that it's a clone of course) then years later her son comes back,f ully grown, as teh newest biggest bad
                          With big bad teeth. Don't forget that.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                            With big bad teeth. Don't forget that.
                            Oh my goddess, it's a wolf and they are now ripping off Fairy Tales!
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                              The exact words were that the baby would not be rapid growing or conveniently written out via sci-fi means.

EDIT: Source - comments for December 15th entry (he answered a couple of questions in the comments).
                              Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                              As has been pointed out, there are plenty of NON scifi means in which to remove the baby from the picture. I also recommend someone screencap that page and save it so that when the baby insta-grows and Joe says he was misquoted, there'll be proof. The screencap will cover the bases in case he goes back and edits it to say something else.
                              Here you go:

Spoiler:
                              sigpic

Comment

This whole Teyla issue reminds me of William . He had super powers too and the conspiracy needed him . Teyla will do like Scullaaaay and she will give her son to adoption on Earth so Mickey Mouse won't harm him

Comment

Working...
                                X