This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Didn't he wear that in Sateda? Or Reunion ... cause I think I saw him wearing it. Or I am just confused...which is entirely in the realm of possibilities since I'm sleep deprived at the moment.

He wanted to impress the Wraith King .

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
      You can when you give 2 or 3 years to it
      Has it been that long? Besides the interaction is different. All they seem to do is go sit around table and wham - BFF's for life

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      It's going to be totally off topic - and I live the picture you posted - but WHAT on Earth is Ronon wearing? Long hand gloves?!
      Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      good grief. ronon looks like a pr0n king glad that costume seems to have died somewhere
      Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
      Looks a bit like one of Vala's dresses, but maybe that's just the angle and the fact that my eyes aren't totally open yet. *reaches for coffee*
      LOL I was thinking the same thing. The first thought to my mind was along the lines of "Dominatrix" And then I wondered if they had borrowed from Vala's wardrobe. It's good they got rid of it; though, did he once wear them in one episode Admittedly he looks kinda sexy in them in that picture - pr0n king! But nonetheless, thank God it went to the clothes pile of 'never to be seen again'.

Fooling around with the cast and writing characters out is the best way to make a show go downhill. *nodsnods*
      *nodsnods in agreement* What's even more startling is the fact that Elizabeth was recast to have the right actress to fit and role and Torri was the only cast member to be nominated for an acting award. Carson was a fan favourite though only meant to be a small recurring role and Paul was promoted to a regular in season two because he made such an impact on the producers. Both have done nothing but supported the show.

Screwed up how things turn out aren't they?

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
      Adnmittedly, it's not just characters for me. I can appreciate and enjoy a good episode even when I don't like the bigger meaning of it - for example, I thought Sunday was probably one fo the best - if not the best - episode of the show, even though killing Carson was a huge mistake IMO.
      I really like your post, Pitry, as I pretty much feel the same way. I haven't watched the whole of Sunday (I'm a wimp) but what I've seen of it is good. Especially the Rodney/Ronon scene. Thats the saddest part for me.

This season definitely comes in short because Beckett adn Weir aren't in it - it's hard to tell more interesting, deep stories when your characters have the depth of a shoe, but it's not the only problem. The stories have become a lot less exciting this year - and that's a thing that no casting change is going to change. That's why I mentioned M&M becoming showrunners this year - they're continuing to season 5 and after the way this season has gone, I have little hope the problem, story-wise, will change...
      I think you got it there, though I still think the casting is a large portion of the problem. But they could have spiced up the stories this year. Also, IMO it would be better if Teyla's pregnancy wasn't written in. The evil!Michael wanting to screw with the baby is too cliche and I saw it coming as soon as they announced the character would be preggers.

I have little hope storywise or characterwise things will change with Mallozzi as the big poobah. He knows what bunches of fans want: Carson and Liz back please! But then there are people that will go on with anything. (They're no longer confined to reality tv...?) But he's made his choice. If he really wanted to be a good little showrunner he could of just called Paul and Torri back fulltime. But noooo.

I think he's made it clear that he believes Keller is the better doctor for the show over Carson and that Weir's only use is to become a renegade replicator only to be in a few episdoes (and now, none.) When will he realize this is a big loss here? I wonder if he regrets the casting changes. Would anyone care to ask?

*shuffles away* I better not complain about him too much. I've been getting a lot of snips lately

Comment

good grief. ronon looks like a pr0n king

glad that costume seems to have died somewhere
        LMAO...that costume is too much. He looks to be wearing the female's prono costume.
        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Atlantis must have its own bondage club.
          sigpic

Comment

But, as I said, it's not jsut casting. This season definitely comes in short because Beckett adn Weir aren't in it - it's hard to tell more interesting, deep stories when your characters have the depth of a shoe, but it's not the only problem. The stories have become a lot less exciting this year - and that's a thing that no casting change is going to change. That's why I mentioned M&M becoming showrunners this year - they're continuing to season 5 and after the way this season has gone, I have little hope the problem, story-wise, will change...
            And you have a huge problem when your shoes are leaking.

The problem won't change I'm afraid... like sky said not so long ago, the stories need something we don't expect to happen. Everything has become so predictable. People guessed tons of things we actually saw happening in S4 and after that I don't think S5 will be more original.

good grief. ronon looks like a pr0n king
            I guess Sheppard made him listen to 50 Cent.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
            Looks a bit like one of Vala's dresses, but maybe that's just the angle and the fact that my eyes aren't totally open yet. *reaches for coffee*
            Or maybe Vala came to Atlantis and decided to give everybody a makeover... seesh that's it! That's why everybody has hideous clothing these day!!!!

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
            ***Is shocked!! Denise, how can you say that word ...shooo, shoo, go away ***
            I think she hangs out too much around us and we are baaaad influence!

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
            Atlantis must have its own bondage club.
            It does. Larrin anyone? And no, Integra, I don't want to see that picture again.
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

And you have a huge problem when your shoes are leaking.

The problem won't change I'm afraid... like sky said not so long ago, the stories need something we don't expect to happen. Everything has become so predictable. People guessed tons of things we actually saw happening in S4 and after that I don't think S5 will be more original.
              Or your shoes don't fit at all.

It gets harder and harder for all types of tv shows to surprise us anymore. TV watchers have become desensatized to violence, nudity and all other sorts of visual and auditory sensations that are broadcasted. Every now and then a show comes along that tests us and surprises our senses but those surprieses or plot twists don't last long and we are right back to square one....our shoes either leaking or not fitting.

That said, I will keep my eyes and ears open for S5 but I won't get my hopes up that my senses will be surprised.
              Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
              &=AWESOME &Forever
              No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
                Or your shoes don't fit at all.

It gets harder and harder for all types of tv shows to surprise us anymore. TV watchers have become desensatized to violence, nudity and all other sorts of visual and auditory sensations that are broadcasted. Every now and then a show comes along that tests us and surprises our senses but those surprieses or plot twists don't last long and we are right back to square one....our shoes either leaking or not fitting.

That said, I will keep my eyes and ears open for S5 but I won't get my hopes up that my senses will be surprised.
                What you said. Surprising viewers takes lot of effort these days. Decent writing is hard to do. Flashing naked skin and blowing things up is easy I guess, but at what cost? We are not shocked any more when we see graphic violence. Women should wear less as possible, because that's the only way they are attractive. I hate that. Give me something that will make me curious, interested, involved, inspire me and make me think about the world today - and how it could be made better. That's what I expect from a science fiction show.

Yeah, my poor feet are so sore by now I had to kick off those damn shoes and I'm walking barefoot
                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

It does. Larrin anyone? And no, Integra, I don't want to see that picture again.
                  What picture? This one?

***heeee heee heeee***

That is what I call...bondage

Comment

What you said. Surprising viewers takes lot of effort these days. Decent writing is hard to do. Flashing naked skin and blowing things up is easy I guess, but at what cost? We are not shocked any more when we see graphic violence. Women should wear less as possible, because that's the only way they are attractive. I hate that. Give me something that will make me curious, interested, involved, inspire me and make me think about the world today - and how it could be made better. That's what I expect from a science fiction show.

Yeah, my poor feet are so sore by now I had to kick off those damn shoes and I'm walking barefoot
                    Since N. John Smith admitted in the latest Stargate mag that the networks wanted them to target the 18-45 male demographic, I think our opinion no longer counts. If it ever did. Does anyone else think that is a very wide range? Do all men in that group just want boobs and bombs? And are they truly the largest group of tv viewers out there? I think this whole idea is outdated, but what do I know?
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Oh hell, are they trying on purpose to screw things up. Instead of focusing just on the 18-45 demographic, try telling quality stories that are interesting. BSG is interesting because of the quality entertainment they provide, so did Angel.
                      Surprising viewers nowadays might be difficult, well they could try by being original. That's one way to surprise viewers.
                      Speaking as someone who is in that demographic group, boobs and bombs are nice, but not every time. Than it will get bored easily. Just look at Transformers the movie. Alot of special effects and no real interesting story to tell. Special effects should support the story they want to tell, not dominate the movie.

Comment

They're just confirming what we already figured out for ourselves. *shrug*

I watched Kindred and I gotta say, the set-up for Teyla's baby is just... appalling. Just thinking about the likely directions things will go makes my skin crawl. As I said elsewhere, I wish that just once we could have a normal pregnancy and a normal baby with no connections whatsoever to any evil plots.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          Since N. John Smith admitted in the latest Stargate mag that the networks wanted them to target the 18-45 male demographic, I think our opinion no longer counts. If it ever did. Does anyone else think that is a very wide range? Do all men in that group just want boobs and bombs? And are they truly the largest group of tv viewers out there? I think this whole idea is outdated, but what do I know?
                          Nope.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well my first post in here was about Carson and how I was concerned about how they would bring him back... well now I know.

I am appalled by how they did this, I am appalled by the TEAM acceptance of this. I do not want that thing in Atlantis in season 5. It is just creepy.

I don't care if Teyla goes nekkid in season 5 just get rid of this thing called Carson... please!

Oh well back to the fast forward button.

Comment

my biggest complaint about series 5 is making keller a regular because the network wants male viewers? because she is a crap character i cant see why they keep her otherwise.

that is just insulting to men and women. dont they realise that people like REAL characters that are interesting? (like carson) obviously not! i would imagine that at least half atlantis viewers are female?

i really liked wier she was a strong female character (something lacking in most shows.)

they need to realise that sci-fi fans have brains and will stay loyal and not stop watching just because there arent enough boobs on show!

bring the family back together!
                              sigpic

Comment

I totally agree with you elliecat. I also liked Weir because she was a strong female character that could handle leading the Atlantis expedition. Sam didn't do that bad either. She had the handle both the scientific and military side of the expedition. Than again, Weir did do that as well. They really handled it well in First Strike and in No Mans Land where her leadership was questioned and passed over. Her reactions were genuine and true.

Comment

Working...
                                X