Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larrin is just a sex ploy, nothing more and nothing less. A complete waste of viewing time. TPTB used to write much better developed female characters, like I was just thinking of that SG1 episode with the old woman who destoryed worlds. Now they're just hot sex objects and most of the men prevented. It's become like a sex show from what I read. Apart from the obvious negative implications this has, it also takes the sci fi from the show away.

Originally posted by bluealien
    she was totally miscast for the role of chief CMO. What is the obsession with actors that IMO are way too young for the roles they are being given. We will now have this new captain who looks no older than my daughter and once again we are meant to believe she is a captain and has years of experience in the military
    Goes back to the point I just made. TPTB thinks men only want to see young hot flirtatious girls. What women want to watch doesn't count.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
      That's just really really disturbing. Wow. I have never ever seen Zelenka in that light. I really hope they don't go that direction.
      I hope so too. JM was probably just joking. I hope. Even still the whole hair sniffing thing is still pretty bad. Keller and Carter really think he is creepy, which is weird because I've never seen Zelenka like that. He sometimes acted a little weird around Weir, but I just always thought he was shy around women, maybe even had a little crush on her. I never saw him trying to sniff her hair. Hopefully, they'll drop this character trait in Season 5. I don't want to see him turn into comic fodder like Dr. Lee.

Comment

Originally posted by Chailyn View Post
        I hope so too. JM was probably just joking. I hope. Even still the whole hair sniffing thing is still pretty bad. Keller and Carter really think he is creepy, which is weird because I've never seen Zelenka like that. He sometimes acted a little weird around Weir, but I just always thought he was shy around women, maybe even had a little crush on her. I never saw him trying to sniff her hair. Hopefully, they'll drop this character trait in Season 5. I don't want to see him turn into comic fodder like Dr. Lee.
        OMG I hated the episode where they showed him fantasying about kissing Carter. That was so disgusting! They made Dr Lee and his friend stars for an entire episode! It was so stupid and boring.

I didn't know the joke was made by JM and that Zelenka was smelling Carter's and Keller's hair! It's getting extremely creepy and unrealistic, in rl if a man did that continually it would be considerate sexual harassment and he could be fired.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
          OMG I hated the episode where they showed him fantasying about kissing Carter. That was so disgusting! They made Dr Lee and his friend stars for an entire episode! It was so stupid and boring.
          Actually, that was Felger, not Dr. Lee. I like Dr Lee. I loathe and despise Felger. But I agree with you about the episode(s). Avenger 2.0 especially is my most hated Stargate episode ever.
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

Please do not get me started on Felger and that episode. IMO SG-1 and Atlantis should be serious shows. It's seems with Gekko out of the way things changed and TPTB started turning SG-1 into a comedy. I really noticed how TPTB treated Sam and having many of the guest star falling for Sam. Let's not forget Orlin as kid hitting on Sam. I stop watching SG-1 after that episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Chailyn View Post
              Keller and Carter really think he is creepy, which is weird because I've never seen Zelenka like that.
              I've never seen Zelenka like that, either. Keller, on the other hand, I could totally buy as a stalker.

I certainly hope they don't continue with the creepifying (making up words here) of Zelenka, but I think some damage is already done thanks to the words of blonde and blonder.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                they also want to make sure to attract an star trek people too...at least i would gather by the move. same with B. Bowder and C. Black...attract the 'other fans" to our show by hiring actors from other successful shows.
                Actually, this is one case where I don't think the casting has to do with drawing in a particular show's audience... or at least not the Trek audience. Woolsey was an SG-1 character. If his addition is meant to bait anyone into watching, I'd be it's the SG-1 fans.

I get the impression that Kirking is in reference to having all the alien chicks practically throw themselves at him or constantly flirt with him. Gets rather annoying after a while.
                That's how I see it, yeah. And yes, it was getting obnoxious two seasons ago.

I would consider this an anti thread to discuss what issues you have with the show.
                "Anti" is a very toxic term these days and it's one of the reasons it isn't in the thread title. It's a thread for voicing your complaints and concerns, yes, but it doesn't necessarily have to imply total hatred/opposition. And the people who keep trying to defend characters/stories/the show are posting in the wrong place and need to be reported, but there are different ways to interpret a complaint. If I correctly remember what Sky said in the pro/anti discussion thread, complaining about a character not being around enough is as on topic as complaining about that same character being around too much. But I've been on Sudafed for two days, so my judgment may be impaired.

As for Dr. Lee and Felger, it's unfortunate but I can actually understand how people might confuse the two. Once upon a time, Lee was a fairly normal, likable minor character. Then the writers needed some comic relief for an ep of Atlantis and Lee became a buffoon. That worked well for them, so they continued to write him as a bumbling twit, much like another (and much reviled) character from SG-1: Felger.

Personally I loved Felger the first time he was on, but I think they should have stopped there because his return appearance was... embarrassing and painful to watch. They took a goofball character and made him into someone who was so criminally incompetent that it was impossible to believe he could hold down a job that didn't involve flipping burgers. I'm kinda surprised he hasn't shown up on Atlantis, but then he doesn't need to, does he? TPTB can just use Lee, instead. And what the writers have done to Lee is, IMO, far worse than what they did to Felger because while Felger was always meant to be a bit of a joke, Lee used to be a serious and competent character. Seeing him reduced to such low levels is depressing, but it's yet another example of TPTB's apparent hatred of anything resembling intelligence. I can't watch him anymore; it's too embarrassing.

Comment

IMO this is what happens when you have TPTB who are too buddy buddy with each other. There is no one around that will step up and say we cannot do this or why did you do this? We had that with Gekko? It used to be about making a great show and not making friends among TPTB and Actors. It really is like a frat house. There is a severe lack of maturity being displayed.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
                    IMO this is what happens when you have TPTB who are too buddy buddy with each other. There is no one around that will step up and say we cannot do this or why did you do this? We had that with Gekko? It used to be about making a great show and not making friends among TPTB and Actors. It really is like a frat house. There is a severe lack of maturity being displayed.

I wish I could green you, but you talk too much sense, so I already did for another post!!

I agree 100 percent with the buddy buddy issue --- but I don't think many of the actors are as in with the writers as people think. You just have to hear JF talk at a convention about how every time he tries to ask for changes, they go "Too late". Can we not kill Carson? "Too late, we already told Paul". He gets a script and goes to them on the same day to ask for something to be changed "Too late" is the reply.

I think the writers/producers are part of a boy's club. And I bet there are people on other productions in Vancouver who'd agree with that. I believe they have something of a reputation for it.

Comment

Thanks alyssa. TPTB also need more Women writers desperately. The male members of TPTB are too comfortable. TPTB have no problem shaking up the cast. It's time they had some of their own medicine.

Comment

I don't know if having women writers would help because I've seen some awful stuff done by women. What's needed is writers of ANY gender who have a fuller understanding of people in general, women in particular, and relationships in all their forms.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                          I don't know if having women writers would help because I've seen some awful stuff done by women. What's needed is writers of ANY gender who have a fuller understanding of people in general, women in particular, and relationships in all their forms.
                          Hey I don't care what gender they are, just as long as we get decent writing. It would probably help to have both gender on staff, to toss ideas back & forth. But as Ses & Alyssa mentions, there is no real accountability these days. At least that's the impression that comes off.
                          sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                            We will now have this new captain who looks no older than my daughter and once again we are meant to believe she is a captain and has years of experience in the military... is there a shortage of good female actors in their thirties and forties...
                            28 is teh correct age for a USAF/US Army/USMC O-3 (captain).

Comment

Hmmm...it's really funny/not funny that we can't decide whether Joe M is joking about some OTT scene with Zelenka and shoes. Sign of the times? O_O

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                              I am sorry to say this but Carson could end up with 5 minutes screen time in most of his eps, I see nothing in what Joe M has said to indicate the episodes Carson is in are going to be "Carson eps" they could just be eps he happens to appear in, big difference.
                              Yeah, it could be like what happened with Weir. She was touted to be in 4 eps in s4, but was unconscious in most of one and had only 10 seconds or so in another...

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post

Yeah, it could be like what happened with Weir. She was touted to be in 4 eps in s4, but was unconscious in most of one and had only 10 seconds or so in another...
                                I wouldn't be surprised at all. If they had any intention of truly doing something with the character, he'd be in more than five episodes.

Comment

Working...
                                X