This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
    Last time they wanted things darker they changed the uniforms to leather.
    LOLOLOL I never realized that before
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      And let's not forget, the lights went out... The electricity-bill has gone down considerably in season 4.
      LOL, yes, I hope the lighting gets brighter in season 5. Was it a scene in TMC that was so dark you could barely see the sparring fight? If there's sparring, I want to be able to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
        It was a joke guys - just Mallozzi being his usual sarcastic self. If you're not sure, think about this: Zelenka wasn't even in Common Ground and they wouldn't have brought David in just to film a scene like that that bore no relation to the rest of the story.

On JM's blog, he was being completely sarcastic when he mentioned Zelenka stealing Weir's shoes in Common Ground. That was never written or filmed. He was just being snarky because so many people called him on the Zelenka thing. Heaven forbid any of TPTB would admit they did something dumb.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
          I miss the *Team*, it is the same lament I had for many moons over SG-1 when TPTB decided *Hey lets get all involved in the characters lives*
          They can't seem to find a good writing balance in giving background as they write a great story for the *team*. There have been many a show where the team isn't always all together but each character is doing something that fits into the overall story arc and goal of the show so everything ties together and if it takes one or two episodes it does all pull the finely woven strings into a wonderful woven tapestry of story telling.

I miss that A LOT

I agree. SG-1 started going down that road in S7 and I really think it was a mistake. I always thought things started going downhill for SG-1 in S7 (and really hit bottom in S8). And S9-10 weren't great either, although I don't have some of the same issues that other people have with those seasons. SG-1 was much better pre S6, when they focused on the team and didn't have so much of the individual character episodes. There wasn't much team IMO for SG-1 past S6 (And I'm leaving S6 out because that whole season is mostly a blur to me so I can't give an opinion on it).

Yet Mallozzi has said that S7 & 8 (along with 4-his first season) are his favorites. That's why I'm concerned that this trend toward individual character episodes is not simply scheduling issues but may be in some ways because that's just the way he likes it. And if that's the case, we may be in for more of this next year. I hope not, but it does have me worried.

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
          On JM's blog, he was being completely sarcastic when he mentioned Zelenka stealing Weir's shoes in Common Ground. That was never written or filmed. He was just being snarky because so many people called him on the Zelenka thing. Heaven forbid any of TPTB would admit they did something dumb.
          Thank you - that's a relief. I loaned my SGA sets out so I couldn't check.

Yes, there was near unanimous disapproval of the Zelenka bashing.
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78
            I agree about Season 9. But I thought Season 7 was excellent. It was a step up from Season 6. We had eps like Heroes and Lost City in S7! I enjoyed Season 8 because it had a great start and a great finish, but there is a catch the season finale was not the best. The season should of ended with Threads, imo.
            I like a season to be consistant. Two or three awesome episodes a season don't make it great. S8 had the Reckoning 2 parter, which was one of the best, but I still think S8 is the worst season of the run. (I wasn't so crazy about Threads, but yes, it should have been the season ender). S7 had a few good episodes, but it also had episodes like Revisions, Space Race, Avenger 2.0, and Fragile Balance, and there was very little team to be seen, except in the season beginning and ending.

It's a trend that I'm afraid that Atlantis will repeat. We've already seen it start this season - hopefully it doesn't continue.
            - Life after Stargate -
            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78
              I agree about Season 9. But I thought Season 7 was excellent. It was a step up from Season 6. We had eps like Heroes and Lost City in S7! I enjoyed Season 8 because it had a great start and a great finish, but there is a catch the season finale was not the best. The season should of ended with Threads, imo.
              Guys I am gonna respectfully redirect you back to SGA season 5 now

while its okay to make references to whatever I don't want to see this go off into a tangent about SG-1 and its short comings when the thread is about Season 5 and the complaints and misgivings for that Season
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

The way I see it, Teyla's baby only has three options:

1. Get kidnapped.
                2. Grow instantly to adulthood (on the younger side, of course).
                3. Both.

TPTB aren't going to stick themselves with a squalling baby for years on end. We'll never see the poor thing grow up. And there are a lot of genre shows to rip off- X-Files, Angel, 4400, SG-1, and those are just the ones off the top of my head. Maybe we'll wind up with another Adria, since that's the easiest source for TPTB to cannibalize. That's just what Atlantis needs, too: another busty young female.

As for Zelenka, whether the shoes thing was a joke or not, they're still leaning towards making him some kind of perv and I hate that. I bet if Shep went around sniffing hair it'd be seen as cool and kinda sexy, but for Radek it's just creepy.

Comment

I remember TPTB always use to say No RDA no new seasons. It was their mantra. I'm still surprised Season 8 was not the last. We could have had three or four Movies by now. RDA always said he was interested in doing SG-1 Movies. I think it was a classic example of a show going on past it's prime. Most TPTB do not know when and how to wrap up a show.

Comment

I could get behind the idea of RDA in S5. Even if we had a handful of episodes. It's better than Woolsey.

Bring back Jack!

Comment

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
                      Most TPTB do not know when and how to wrap up a show.
                      And they also don't know how to let go of the cancelled one and focus on the surviving one.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'd be more interested in whether or not TPTB would try to continue the show if/when Joe F decides to bail. Or if all his complaints and misgivings will be "forgotten" provided they give him enough money. That could work in our favor- if they start paying off Joe to stick around, they might have to eliminate some of the buxom babe roles they keep creating. On the other hand, though, it's more likely that Lorne and Zelenka would get killed than one of the more nubile characters. *sigh*

Comment

Very true. I do get the feeling Bridge wanted Season 8 to be the last and just focus on Atlantis. I think that would have been the best course of action.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            And they also don't know how to let go of the cancelled one and focus on the surviving one.
                            it's par for the course. Just look at the general direction of the show. It's all over the place with a collage of stand alone eps.

Tptb also don't seem to be able to pick one plot arc and stick with it.
                            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                              I'd be more interested in whether or not TPTB would try to continue the show if/when Joe F decides to bail. Or if all his complaints and misgivings will be "forgotten" provided they give him enough money. That could work in our favor- if they start paying off Joe to stick around, they might have to eliminate some of the buxom babe roles they keep creating. On the other hand, though, it's more likely that Lorne and Zelenka would get killed than one of the more nubile characters. *sigh*
                              Joe has been demoted from star of show to Rodney's side kick. Wouldn't blame him if he bailed too.

but then...who would they cast as sheppard? I know...ben!
                              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I give JF a lot of credit for trying to make things better. I'm not sure he gets enough support from the rest of the cast. I'm sure there is fear from most actors to even speak up and complain.

Comment

Working...
                                X