Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please let's not give TPTB any ideas. Were almost getting it as it is. If seen less fantasy in The Wizard Of Oz.

Comment

It's uncanny Sky. No wonder those two seemed to get along so well.

Comment

It does somewhat boggle the mind that the same PTB that made such a good ensemble show for so many years has begun to make this show more and more about *frat boy humor* .....*sigh*
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Tame I'm not sure it's really the same TPTB that had a big hand in the early success of SG-1. I think of Brad Wright being around in the early days. RCC and JM came aboard later. They were bumped up from writers to show runners. With all due respect I think RCC and JM have done a bad job as show runners. Being a writer does not mean you can be a good show runner.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
            Tame great to hear from you. I hate Kirking with a passion. I though TPTB and RDA did a great job with the Jack character. Jack did not go around trying to be a ladies man our making crude comments to Women. Jack was with three Women. Kynthia, The first woman he was with and he was drugged. The second woman Laira, Jack though he was stuck on the planet forever and the third women Kerry, Jack though Sam was getting married.
            jack had fun flirting...but that's all it ever was. (cept for those 3 of course)

he knew where to draw the line and keep things above board and respectful

he never really descended into 'american pie' type of leering
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Tame I'm not sure it's really the same TPTB that had a big hand in the early success of SG-1. I think of Brad Wright being around in the early days. RCC and JM came aboard later. They were bumped up from writers to show runners. With all due respect I think RCC and JM have done a bad job as show runners. Being a writer does not mean you can be a good show runner.
              things did change with season four of sg1. joe and paul et al arrived.

with season 8 on stargate, gekko left, then rick left and, to me, the flavor of hte show drastically changed.

with sga, we have a change from brad to joe with season four

as - to my opinion - stargate has proven, change the chief cook, adn the whole flavor changes
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think you are correct
                and I have to agree
                Brad Wright will be MISSED!!!!
                Originally posted by Briangate78
                Can I just say that my favorite producer is Brad Wright. Please don't flame me.
                since I wouldn't allow anyone to be flamed here I will have to just agree with you

Brad Wright is my fave as well and I do think SGA is showing the lack of his involvment VERY MUCH!!!!
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  things did change with season four of sg1. joe and paul et al arrived.

with season 8 on stargate, gekko left, then rick left and, to me, the flavor of hte show drastically changed.

with sga, we have a change from brad to joe with season four

as - to my opinion - stargate has proven, change the chief cook, adn the whole flavor changes
                  good analogy!

each pairing of Showrunners has made some drastic and some subtle changes

unfortunately NOT all of them have made the show better

Comment

I think Brad Wright has done a good job. I think it's also fair to lay some blame at Scifi's feet as well. I get the feeling Showtime let Bridge have more control. It would not surprise me if SciFi is the cause of a lot of problems.

Comment

Good points. There has also been talk of Brad writing a third movie and having a bigger involvement from RDA in the movie. I would love to see RDA play the star in one of these movies. The show always had great success with RDA. I would still love to see an SG-1 movie with just the original cast. I hope RDA time is used well for the 2nd movie.

Comment

Very interesting indeed. It's seems it's been more creative decision than actor. Torri already said she did not ask off the show and I doubt Rainbow and Paul did as well. I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          Didn't they also lost their military advisor after s8? That also changed SG1 IMO, especially with how the Sam/Cam leadership fiasco was handled. I don't think SGA ever had an advisor and therefore it never had that strict military realism that SG1 had in its early years.

Comment

I think Brad Wright has done a good job. I think it's also fair to lay some blame at Scifi's feet as well. I get the feeling Showtime let Bridge have more control. It would not surprise me if SciFi is the cause of a lot of problems.
                            well the Promo Dept ruins A LOT with those ads of thiers that is for sure I have had more things spoiled for this show by that then here on the Forum...*Sheesh*

Comment

That an the unfortunate episode leaking. Once is an accident, twice a massive oversight, 3rd time - I will be joining Mulder on an X-files. TY.
                              sig made by me

Comment

Your secret is safe. I get the feeling Brad was not happy as well. I still think in 20 years we may get a behind the scenes special and we may discover SciFi was pushing for these cast changes. If that's the case I'll owe RCC and JM an apology.

Comment

Working...
                                X