Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not crazy about the love triangle, so I am hoping it's just a minimal. I will though watch the season before I make a judgement on it. BSG is The Love Boat in space, not SGA.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      I'm not crazy about the love triangle, so I am hoping it's just a minimal. I will though watch the season before I make a judgement on it. BSG is The Love Boat in space, not SGA.
      So much talk about this Bermuda triangle .

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
        LOL, yeah this is one thing I am really not for, well hey I got my wish about Larrin. She won't be returning next season. So the power of the Briangate is strong. Maybe I can wish for Carson full-time next season.
        sigpic

Comment

Things are supposed to disappear in the Bermuda Triangle. Oooh, let's make a list!
          sigpic
          sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

LOL, yeah this is one thing I am really not for, well hey I got my wish about Larrin. She won't be returning next season. So the power of the Briangate is strong. Maybe I can wish for Carson full-time next season.
            That is asking a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              I keep telling you people. You must advocate the opposite stance of TPTB. If we could make anti-ship, anti-Keller, anti-whatever the norm, they would go right back to writing the show like they did in S1 and we'd have nothing to gripe about.
              Can't argue with that!

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
              butbutbut./ That's already canon, isn't it!
              I suppose it is.

Love boat on steroids and in space!

Let's test that statement:

*rubs Briangate's head for luck and goes buy lotto ticket*
              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post

Hey, if you win we are partners right?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post

Careful, he might get a bald spot .

Comment

Do I even want to know what that is?
                    Ask Reiko, she knows best...
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Ask Reiko, she knows best...
                      I was afraid you were gonna say that. I officially declare Reiko more perverted than I am . I will always be traumatized by something with a chair and Carson. I get the willies just thinking of that phrase...***grr***
                      Last edited by Integrabyte; 05 June 2008, 06:34 AM.

Comment

yet! i feel a definate shift into the BSG direction.

I wonder what the male/female ratio is on BSG, is it gender balanced? or balanced to enable more shipping?

it would have been hard to ship Carson with Ronan and Rodney wouldnt it. these kind of questions are what pop up into my head when i look at the spoilers for season 5. even though its probably just a conincedance it feels like all the new pretty young things are there to be shipped. im all for adding more female characters (if they are unable to re introduce the ones we already know) if they were coming on board to do more than look good and flirt.

is Teyla the only mature female character left apart from the pop up doll that is Carter for how ever many it is in season 5? cause i gotta say it has me worried.

Thats why im going into season 5 with low expectations, not as low as season 4, but still close enough. that way if this romance thing turns out to be hot air and blink and you miss it stuff then i wont feel as bad. if how ever it is as bad as i think it might be i wont be surprised and even more gutted than i am now.
                        sigpic
                        banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Oh no! Don't say BSG. I don't want John turn into Gaius and sleep with everyone with a skirt .

Comment

Oh no! Don't say BSG. I don't want John turn into Gaius and sleep with everyone with a skirt .
                            See now ive only see maybe 4 eps of BSG and all those had women of the young and hot kind getting it on, in what i thought was a love triangle type thing.

starbuck i think?

so although i couldnt possibly do a full comparison on the limited data i have i can compare the spoilers ive seen against the eps ive seen of BSG.

not going to my happy place after thinking that!
                            sigpic
                            banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

BSG & SGA are no comparison in any way. Not in the story telling, not in character & story integrity - nothing.

As far as the relationships on BSG, it's used to illustrate a point. It's used to illustrate the characters and on a lot of the occasions, their tormented soul. How they react, where they go from there. They are the last hope of humanity -- try putting that kinda pressure on and see what that does to your psyche.

What point does the relationship triangle serve in the SGA world?
                              sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                                What point does the relationship triangle serve in the SGA world?
                                Isn't that what the fans want? Romance, fluff, angst, ship/slash, ... why else would they write about it in their fanfics?

[end snark]

I'd say it has no purpose other than to satisfy the fratboys writing it.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X