This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Watching a trainwreck... It's our curiosity and it'll kill us!

Not the train?

Comment

Stargate has really hit rock bottom by introducing a 3 way ship. Why not a 4 way ship? Or a 5 way one? Or how many Atlantis personals you can fit in one bed?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
        Stargate has really hit rock bottom by introducing a 3 way ship. Why not a 4 way ship? Or a 5 way one? Or how many Atlantis personals you can fit in one bed?

How many ships?

Comment

Apparently, there is no bottom.
          sigpic

Comment

Alan M interview.

All I can say is bless em, he's happy so why should a little thing like reality get in the way of that.

Though i wonder if the present fan reaction has helped them make their minds up about what they're going to do?

Comment

In a moment of total insanity I send that little therapeutic writing off to Scifi Weekly. I don't think it'll be published though.

Maybe I should start a thread on gender imbalance and post it as my introductary post.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
                Hmmm, not in my case. To preserve my memories of a favorite show, I usually stop watching before it gets any worse, which is why I'm surprised that I now find this triangle funny. Just yesterday I thought that if I read one more triangle confirmation that I would no longer watch SGA, however, today I find this triangle hilarious enough to want to see how bad it can get.
                Yeah, the trainwreck factor is pretty much the only reason why I'm seriously considering watching S5. So that when I mock it's complete and utter stupidity, I can use specific examples!

I really do need to make that Survivor Atlantis logo... maybe a Stargate Hooters logo, too, while I'm at it...
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

In a moment of total insanity I send that little therapeutic writing off to Scifi Weekly. I don't think it'll be published though.

Maybe I should start a thread on gender imbalance and post it as my introductary post.
                  Good for you! And you never know with Scifi Weekly, they may just.....

You know TPTB really need to stop doing interviews, contrary to what appears to be their current belief, not all publicity is good publicity - certainly when the principle reaction to what they say are howls of uncontrollable laughter.

The show can take people being critics, it can take healthy debate, but what show can survive being laughed at? And I'm afraid that's what appears to be happening now, people aren't getting annoyed anymore, its gone beyond that, people are laughing at it, and I think that might be the point of no return, the real moment the shark is irrecoverably jumped.

Comment

Originally posted by Arica12 View Post
                    You know TPTB really need to stop doing interviews, contrary to what appears to be their current belief, not all publicity is good publicity - certainly when the principle reaction to what they say are howls of uncontrollable laughter.
                    It's sad... I never imagined it would come to this, but it has.

And I am a member of that crowd...

Comment

It's sad... I never imagined it would come to this, but it has.

And I am a member of that crowd...
                      Yup I think we're all feeling the same - in a sick kind of way it was quite nice that the gender balance thing upset me quite as much as it did, I can still muster some emotion about this show!

All we can hope is that TPTB use the mid season filming break to take a look at what's going on with the fans - and this attitude is not limited to Gateworld it's everywhere - and take another look at their priorities, they might argue that net reaction isn't necessarily reflective of all fans (I don't know about that seemed pretty darn reflective over Beckett, Weir etc) but even if we agree it may not be fully reflective, they think that they can afford to take that risk? Is this REALLY what they want fans talking about before the show begins, romance, love triangles etc etc when so much of the reaction is hostile.

Hopefully they will make some changes, I don't think they will (in fact I'm betting that Elvis will be releasing his comeback single before that happens,) but we can still hope.

Comment

Hopefully they will make some changes, I don't think they will (in fact I'm betting that Elvis will be releasing his comeback single before that happens,) but we can still hope.
                        You can bet on it.

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                          Yeah. Today I'm swinging from the desire to stop watching to curiosity to see how the storytelling and characters that I loved in the first three seasons continue to unravel.

Spoiler:
                          They don't even know how the triangle will be resolved? Great planning, people. And why admit that in an interview, anyway?
                          I can feel your pain because yesterday I was where you are. I was still trying to cling to a thin veneer of hope that it wouldn't be as bad as I feared, but Alan M.'s interview stamped out that hope. It's amazing that they are so cavalier about this triangle that they haven't even thought about where they want to go with it.

If you can't break away from SGA yet then I hope you can manage to find some joy in Season 5.

FH, your therapeutic letter is excellent and I'm glad you sent it out. I hope Scifi Weekly publishes it so that everyone who loves/loved SGA can read it.

Good for you! And you never know with Scifi Weekly, they may just.....

The show can take people being critics, it can take healthy debate, but what show can survive being laughed at? And I'm afraid that's what appears to be happening now, people aren't getting annoyed anymore, its gone beyond that, people are laughing at it, and I think that might be the point of no return, the real moment the shark is irrecoverably jumped.
                          Yep, my current amused reaction to this trainwreck of a triangle doesn't bode well for my remaining a fan of SGA - if it gets a sixth season. I suspect that after first experiencing disappointment, anger and now amusement that the next step will be indifference.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Luciana

Comment

***munching popcorn, enjoying the cuddle ***

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                              Apparently, there is no bottom.
                              The writers have read Shakespeare, right? Reminds me of the character of Bottom in A Midsummer Night's Dream--a character that gets his human head changed into an ass's head by a mischief-making spirit...and then the queen of the fairies gets a charm put on her so she falls in love with Bottom...and both end up looking pretty stupid and silly. I don't think anyone is going to come out of this triangle looking good. So if there is no bottom (looks like there isn't ), I think some of the characters are definitely going to look like "Bottoms."

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
                              I can feel your pain because yesterday I was where you are. I was still trying to cling to a thin veneer of hope that it wouldn't be as bad as I feared, but Alan M.'s interview stamped out that hope. It's amazing that they are so cavalier about this triangle that they haven't even thought about where they want to go with it.

If you can't break away from SGA yet then I hope you can manage to find some joy in Season 5.
                              I think I may break away from SGA as the season goes on, if it really is as bad as I fear it may be. I think it's a testament to how much I liked the first three seasons that I'm even trying. I guess curiosity about what not to do to your characters also factors into my viewing.
                              Last edited by marielabbott; 04 June 2008, 04:16 PM. Reason: clarification....

Comment

Or how many Atlantis personals you can fit in one bed?
                                » Hmmm. I'll try to work the geometry of that. (Its a math problem!)

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Yeah, the trainwreck factor is pretty much the only reason why I'm seriously considering watching S5. So that when I mock it's complete and utter stupidity, I can use specific examples!
                                » The trainwreck factor is higher than the actual show

Comment

Working...
                                X