Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send this Porter character shopping and bring Teal'c for S5 .

Comment

I liked when Jack was funny. I did not enjoy the Felger character or the 100 and 200th joke episodes TPTB made. IMO the 100th and 200th are milestones and deserve the best possible episode. Regarding the Orlin episode I changed the channel beofre the end of the episode. I was not enjoying season 9 at all and that was the last staw. It felt to me like a totally different show.

Comment

When I saw the picture of Captain Vega I thought OMG THE POWER RANGERS. Then I started singing the theme song. Go go power rangers. I don't why but she reminded me of one of them, now I will always think of her as the pink ranger.

I hate what they are doing to Zelenka, hate. From what I'm hearing they're turning him into a perv, for what reason excactly?
        sigpic
        My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          JM confirmed on his blog that they got the idea for the Ronon/Teal'c fight from a thread here and thought it would be a great idea.
          I'm right? :O TPTB must be incredibly desperate for ratings if they’ll sink so low as to pick up on a done to death juvenile idea of pitting two characters against each other on the sole bases they’re both black. And before anyone says they’re both warriors, so are Sheppard, Mitchell, Sam (originally) Teyla etc. What else do Ronon and Teal’c have in common?

I was going to watch this episode but now I've read what's it about, forget it! I never read those threads so why would I want to see it acted out? It reflects very badly on TPTB if they can't think up of their own ideas and have to rely on this kind of crap! They can't do their job anymore then can they?
          sigpic

Comment

I said before that they seem to do the exact opposite of what a lot of dedicated fans want. If they are doing what you want (general you), enjoy it. Because I see a few groups of fans being deliriously happy in S5 and the rest of us having to use the supermarket approach to viewing. Some of course are going to shop else where. But they don't care.
            Yeah, you go and make a show for yourself, and not for the viewers. That's a great philosophy! What bothers me is to see how stupid science fiction has become thanx to SGA. Fro crying out loud, science fiction is supposed to make you smarter.
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              Yeah, you go and make a show for yourself, and not for the viewers. That's a great philosophy! What bothers me is to see how stupid science fiction has become thanx to SGA. Fro crying out loud, science fiction is supposed to make you smarter.
              Not if it copies ideas below it....

If they're making a show for themsleves, they are wasting a hell of a lot of MGM's and sci if's money....wouldn't this bother the two companies?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
                Not if it copies ideas below it....

If they're making a show for themsleves, they are wasting a hell of a lot of MGM's and sci if's money....wouldn't this bother the two companies?
                Stupidity makes a good sell. I'm baffled by people who prefer stupid over smart entertainment.
                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

guys, let's take it easy ascribing motives to members of the cast. You may know what they've said at cons, but you can't know thier true feelings and motivations, so please keep your comments to your own opinions and leave the actors out of it
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

JM confirmed on his blog that they got the idea for the Ronon/Teal'c fight from a thread here and thought it would be a great idea.
                    *tries to think of a polite, non-insulting way to express her feelings*

Hmmm. I think it speaks volumes that TPTB not only culled this from an internet forum, but that they thought it was a good idea. So much for not getting ideas from the fans, eh? Maybe they only go for the bad ones. And why do they go for the bad ones?? Because they think they're cool. *headdesk* Desperation? Doesn't begin to cover it.

They know how much everybody loves Zelenka. Yet they are now treating him as an object of derision because it suits them.
                    They're probably treating him with derision because fans like him. And because, as I've said before, Zelenka is intelligent. TPTB can't have an intelligent character without cutting them down one way or another.

They know we have been begging for more background on Sheppard since day one. Yet they wait 4 years to tell us he has a brother and a dead rich father.
                    In my opinion, I think TPTB despise fandom (except when they can steal bad ideas from them) and go out of their way to be contrary and/or insulting. If it isn't a "frak you" denial of what fans want, it's an in-your-face "in-joke" about fandom itself. Look at some of the "fun" they've poked at us over the years.

They know a lot of us hate all the buxom babes. Yet it looks like there are more to come.
                    Because THEY like buxom babes and don't give a damn if fans don't like it. If anything, it's an added bonus.

You're right; they do tend to do the opposite of what fans (in a general sense) want... or they make us regret ever wanting whatever it was in the first place.

Comment

I just want to take the time to point out that there is already an anti season 4 thread so please try to keep to discussion of what info has been released for season 5, i.e. casting changes and the plot synopses that have been put out and not about season 4 episodes.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

I have some misgivings over what direction Teyla’s baby storyline might take in season 5.

Some of the proposals that I have seen include:
                        - baby grows up real fast
                        - baby is kidnapped or disappears
                        - baby dies
                        - normal baby grows up on Atlantis with Teyla
                        - dad takes normal baby to grow up on the new Athosian planet

I am not real comfortable with any of these storylines and I am not sure what the writers could come up with that could make this work. I worry that it might be too cliché or too much like a soap opera. Oh well, I guess I will have to wait and see.

Comment

I just said in the Teyla Appreciation Thread that the wee lad can be a normal baby on Atlantis, which doesn't necessarily mean he has to have 40 minutes of screentime. TPTB have proven they can write like that. Look at Teyla, she's living proof of that.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            I just said in the Teyla Appreciation Thread that the wee lad can be a normal baby on Atlantis, which doesn't necessarily mean he has to have 40 minutes of screentime.
                            True, that could be a viable option, but then I think about babysitters, is she nursing, baby gets sick - wait, that's the problem, I guess I am thinking more like a concerned mother than a concerned fan!

Comment

Originally posted by EdenSG View Post
                              True, that could be a viable option, but then I think about babysitters, is she nursing, baby gets sick - wait, that's the problem, I guess I am thinking more like a concerned mother than a concerned fan!
                              All that happens off-screen.... That's the beauty of off-screen writing.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I just saw this on JM's blog.....for all of us who have concerns and misgivings about Woolsey leading the expedition in Season 5.....

AJM writes: “How many episodes will Robert Picardo be in next season, in every single one or on a format like Amanda Tappings run in season 4?”

Answer: He’ll be appearing in 14 of 20.
                                I'm confused. I thought the expedition leader was a supporting role. Isn't that what JM said in response to some of the concerns Weir fans were sharing on his blog?

OH wait, lemme guess....Woolsey will only show up in 15 seconds of each of the 14 episodes he's in. That must be it.
                                sigpic
                                Signature by Erin87

Comment

Working...
                                X