This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
    Personally I thought that Rodney/Zelenka was one of the best scenes of the season. David Hewlett was great.
    TMC is one of my favorite eps of the season. Because you truly saw how much they cared for Weir. Teyla and Ronon had their moments in the first few eps. This episode reflected how Mckay and Sheppard reacted. Truly well done, imo.

Edit: That scene in TMC, when Rodney says "This is Carson all over again" was an excellent line. I cannot wait till "The Kindred"!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
      I can't fault the actors [except Teyla's "Climb the tower?! Is that even possible?!" from 'Quarantine'] but we've seen nothing but filler episodes for the last month since 'Spoils of War'. Granted, each second half filler episode followed up on a first half filler episode: 'Tabula Rasa' - 'Quarantine', 'Missing' - 'Trio', 'Miller's Crossing' - 'Outcast', maybe even 'Travelers' - 'Harmony' . Despite it being nice to follow the threads and themes introduced earlier in the season, these last four were, well, boring, like the smaller twin of the first half. Maybe my battle fatigue is just from having them all in a row, but I found the first half filler episodes much more interesting.
      And you don't need cgi to make an episode exciting, just good lines and a mostly original plot that'll have ramifications for those involved.
      This season has had alot of filler eps but so far they have all been very character oriented which was a good thing.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        Can you do me a favor, can you not attack the producer or any of the cast and crew. It's against the forum rules. Just because you don't like this season, doesn't mean Mallozzi ruined it. Well maybe he ruined it for you, but I think he is doing great. Even Wright and Cooper are pleased, in which this show was their baby.
        My post is within the rules, maybe you should take a look at them, I don't think there's a rule against expressing one's opinion.
        Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
        at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          Even Wright and Cooper are pleased, in which this show was their baby.
          To be fair they would never say that the show has been ruined and that they hated the developments.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
            To be fair they would never say that the show has been ruined and that they hated the developments.
            And why would they say something like that when the show is far from being ruined and the developements so far this season have been great. SGA is one of the top scifi show out there IMO and Midway just proved what an awesome show it is, and how much it has improved over the years..
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
              Of course they wouldn't, it would just make them look jealous of how much better M&M are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                My post is within the rules, maybe you should take a look at them, I don't think there's a rule against expressing one's opinion.
                No you can express your opinion but you were skirting the line. attacking the producers are forbidden and you came damn close to breaking that rule.

Comment

For me, there are two things SGA hasn't used much this season:

Conflict. Granted Carter is a seasoned-galaxy-savin'-genius-soldier-colonel-woman, but the Atlantis expedition BONDED with Weir. She was with them from the beginning. They survived TWO near death attacks on Atlantis with her. Throwing in a new commander, I don’t care how awesome she is, should bring out some human nature. Teyla, even as diplomatic as she is, could have at least ONE disagreement with Carter that may not be so diplomatic in words. How about Rodney trying to defend one of Sam's decision to Teyla or Ronan (Sheppard less since he's a subordinate) or back up a decision or action from his team to Sam? Or Sam overriding Sheppeard's decisions in a situation where he is "more experienced" in fighting Wraith. Keller making a mistake that costs the life of one of Sheppard's men. Scenes like Teyla threatening Ronan in Trinity, Weir and Sheppard on going after Sumner and the Athosians, Caldwell and Weir on "sweeping changes" to the way Sheppard did things made the show far more interesting than everyone getting along all the time. CONFLICT, it wasn't just us versus wraith, it was us vs wraith vs ourselves. Carter shutting down Ellis after he verbally demeaned McKay is one of my favorite scenes this season, not because it's "funny" but because of all the viewpoints each person had that got thrown into a mix.

STARGATE. SG, the movie, was based on the premise of exploring into the unknown. SGA seems to have lost that aspect entirely. This season has been very contained on ships or on base. Sure, there are eps where they got offworld, and I enjoyed seeing other cultures, races and something new (Missing, Harmony lol). Let’s see the team MORE out of their element. There's nothing wrong with the epic space battles or going back to Earth, but the show is called STARGATE. Let’s use it! Of course, "Star" is the first syllable...

Comment

Originally posted by Cabbit View Post
                    For me, there are two things SGA hasn't used much this season:

Conflict. Granted Carter is a seasoned-galaxy-savin'-genius-soldier-colonel-woman, but the Atlantis expedition BONDED with Weir. She was with them from the beginning. They survived TWO near death attacks on Atlantis with her. Throwing in a new commander, I don’t care how awesome she is, should bring out some human nature. Teyla, even as diplomatic as she is, could have at least ONE disagreement with Carter that may not be so diplomatic in words. How about Rodney trying to defend one of Sam's decision to Teyla or Ronan (Sheppard less since he's a subordinate) or back up a decision or action from his team to Sam? Or Sam overriding Sheppeard's decisions in a situation where he is "more experienced" in fighting Wraith. Keller making a mistake that costs the life of one of Sheppard's men. Scenes like Teyla threatening Ronan in Trinity, Weir and Sheppard on going after Sumner and the Athosians, Caldwell and Weir on "sweeping changes" to the way Sheppard did things made the show far more interesting than everyone getting along all the time. CONFLICT, it wasn't just us versus wraith, it was us vs wraith vs ourselves. Carter shutting down Ellis after he verbally demeaned McKay is one of my favorite scenes this season, not because it's "funny" but because of all the viewpoints each person had that got thrown into a mix.
                    I agree that conflict hasn't been as extreme as the other seasons however there were more than just her conflict with Ellis. There was conflict in The Seer, Dopplegnger, BAMSR and many others.

STARGATE. SG, the movie, was based on the premise of exploring into the unknown. SGA seems to have lost that aspect entirely. This season has been very contained on ships or on base. Sure, there are eps where they got offworld, and I enjoyed seeing other cultures, races and something new (Missing, Harmony lol). Let’s see the team MORE out of their element. There's nothing wrong with the epic space battles or going back to Earth, but the show is called STARGATE. Let’s use it! Of course, "Star" is the first syllable...
                    I disagree. I think they have the right balance with that IMO.

Comment

This is what's happening:

For some reason, TPTB decided to off Carson for dramatic effect. The smarter TPTB decided to bring him back.
                      Weir was stale, so she was re-written as a new character (Recurring). Torri decides to not come back, and that's her descison.
                      Keller was brought in to replace Carson and gain some Firefly fans. That and Jewel is a good actress. Everyone hates Keller because she's apparently whiny. Compared to early days (And sometimes present day) McKay, she's not that bad and has redeeming moments.
                      Carter was brought in to replace Weir. I don't know why, but she was a good fit IMO. AT decides to pursue her own series. Good on her, and now we have a dilemna - who do we replace her with.
                      Personally, I think AT would've gone for another year or two if not for Sanctuary.
                      We got Woolsey. Get over it. I'm looking forward to a leader who conflicts with the characters, but is redeemable in the end somehow. Woolsey has proved himself in previous episodes, and I think he will be a very odd but welcome addition.

Meh. That's what's happening in Atlantis.
                      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                        This is what's happening:

For some reason, TPTB decided to off Carson for dramatic effect. The smarter TPTB decided to bring him back.
                        Weir was stale, so she was re-written as a new character (Recurring). Torri decides to not come back, and that's her descison.
                        Keller was brought in to replace Carson and gain some Firefly fans. That and Jewel is a good actress. Everyone hates Keller because she's apparently whiny. Compared to early days (And sometimes present day) McKay, she's not that bad and has redeeming moments.
                        Carter was brought in to replace Weir. I don't know why, but she was a good fit IMO. AT decides to pursue her own series. Good on her, and now we have a dilemna - who do we replace her with.
                        Personally, I think AT would've gone for another year or two if not for Sanctuary.
                        We got Woolsey. Get over it. I'm looking forward to a leader who conflicts with the characters, but is redeemable in the end somehow. Woolsey has proved himself in previous episodes, and I think he will be a very odd but welcome addition.

Meh. That's what's happening in Atlantis.
                        Ok, I have to stop you there for a sec. You said everyone hates Keller?? We did a poll on the official SCI FI forum and 90 out of 100 people would like Keller to continue with at least a recurring role and 75% like the the idea of her going to Full-Time. The other 10% want her gone.

So I think Keller has been well accepted by the fans. Perhaps Carson returning for 5 eps next season has soften that up a little, who knows.

As per SGA, if they keep having eps like last Friday's this show will be going nowhere anytime soon.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          Of course they wouldn't, it would just make them look jealous of how much better M&M are doing.
                          Of course! Every time Bill Clinton speaks out against Bush it just makes him look jealous of how much better Bush is doing!

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                            Of course! Every time Bill Clinton speaks out against Bush it just makes him look jealous of how much better Bush is doing!
                            dont tease lol.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                              Because he is doing better than Clinton. Bear in mind that everyone can do better than Clinton
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                Because he is doing better than Clinton. Bear in mind that everyone can do better than Clinton
                                err... no
                                sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X