This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
    Generally I think its a problem with the writing both of the Ancients and the current humans. It's almost becoming cliché.
    Actually it makes the writing interesting. Because no one from the 5 races is perfect especially the Tauri who are now the Fifth Race.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      Actually it makes the writing interesting. Because no one from the 5 races is perfect especially the Tauri who are now the Fifth Race.
      Except that its increasingly coming off that the Ancients and Modern Humans cant get anything right. It would be much more interesting if they got it right at least some of the time.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MatroxMeteor View Post
        The show's gone completely sideways... Lost its vision, lost its character... It's becoming another 'me too' Sci Fi show: put some aliens in + put it on another planet = got yourself a Sci Fi show. Now: add space ships that make big explosions and some 36-24-36 'doctors' and 'officers' = got yourself a GREAT Sci Fi show. Then: kill off half of major characters that actually add some substance and replace them with more 36-24-36 'doctors' and 'officers' = emotionally turbulent GREAT Sci Fi show. Finally: should it by some cosmic coincidence happen that you replace a major character that adds substance to the show with another one that adds substance to the show - kill it off and make it 'more' emotionally turbulent. P.S. - if you somehow managed to keep some good and developed characters, retard them into comedy reliefs.

You've got yourself a Great Sci Fi show!!!

Any similarity with SGA is purely coincidental...

BLAH...
        Jure
        Couldn't agree more, Jure! SGA is no longer the show I fell in love with. We should "thank" Mallozi for that, for ruining it completely, stripping it of everything it was unique and special for, turning it into a below average, badly-written and a boring show.
        Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
        at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

What was unique about Atlantis before Mallozzi took over that isn't now, exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            What was unique about Atlantis before Mallozzi took over that isn't now, exactly?
            we've already discussed that, check posts #37, #40 and others.

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
              we've already discussed that, check posts #37, #40 and others.
              Those posts seem to be mostly about the introduction of ships, and Atlantis no longer being cut off from Earth, both having nothing to do with Mallozzi as these changes happened in season 2. Other than that just more harping on about Weir and the alleged 'unique feel' she brought to the series. Granted it was different, I can't say I'm used to bad writing of that calibre on Stargate, but that doesn't mean it's something that should be held on to.

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                Couldn't agree more, Jure! SGA is no longer the show I fell in love with. We should "thank" Mallozi for that, for ruining it completely, stripping it of everything it was unique and special for, turning it into a below average, badly-written and a boring show.
                Can you do me a favor, can you not attack the producer or any of the cast and crew. It's against the forum rules. Just because you don't like this season, doesn't mean Mallozzi ruined it. Well maybe he ruined it for you, but I think he is doing great. Even Wright and Cooper are pleased, in which this show was their baby.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                  But the sh*t hit the fan after Sunday. Absolutely no mention of Carson in the following two episodes.
                  Well, they did spend those episodes being hunted by Wraith and super-Wraith. I'm not really sure when they would have found time to talk about their feelings, there. "Man, I wish Carson was here. Those giant bugs could eat him instead of me..."

How often would you like them to talk about he and Weir? Personally, I've found the current level to be quite natural.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                    Well, they did spend those episodes being hunted by Wraith and super-Wraith. I'm not really sure when they would have found time to talk about their feelings, there. "Man, I wish Carson was here. Those giant bugs could eat him instead of me..."

How often would you like them to talk about he and Weir? Personally, I've found the current level to be quite natural.
                    It was well written. Because with Weir, she was still assumed to be alive, and she was mentioned many times after the events of "Lifeline". Since there was hope to bring her back. Carson they saw got blown up and died........or did he? Not much to talk about, a lot of the characters kept it inside. Rodney does mention Carson in the end of "TMC" which I thought was a very nice touch.
                    sigpic

Comment

As well, having the characters babble on about Carson would get very old very fast. The show has a limited amount of time to tell its story and they can't spend every moment on one (past) character.

I really enjoyed how they threw a reference to Carson in This Mortal Coil and even added one about Elizabeth at the end, not to mention talking about him in First Strike. TMC was nice and in a profoundly emotive moment, far better than spouting off at every other turn.

As for the show losing its way? The only part I miss is the frontier spirit that S1 and the middle half of S2 had. The "cut off from earth and on our own" mentality was one thing I really enjoyed and hope to see again.

But all in all, Atlantis is still a good show with enjoyable characters and great actors. Unlike that steaming pile of turd called BSG
                      sigpic
                      http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
                        Except that its increasingly coming off that the Ancients and Modern Humans cant get anything right. It would be much more interesting if they got it right at least some of the time.
                        Have you taken a look outside recently? How have modern humans gotten anything right, especially the first time? I find that Atlantis is a show about learning from your mistakes and doing better.

I like how the Ancients aren't perfect. It makes them a much more enjoyable race to know that they were as flawed as we are now. It seems to me that their biggest sin was of arrogance, that they were secure in the knowledge that they could do no wrong. As soon as they ran into the Wraith and were confronted with the unknown for the first time, they panicked and made mistake after mistake in their bumbling around. I like that.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
                          Have you taken a look outside recently? How have modern humans gotten anything right, especially the first time? I find that Atlantis is a show about learning from your mistakes and doing better.

I like how the Ancients aren't perfect. It makes them a much more enjoyable race to know that they were as flawed as we are now. It seems to me that their biggest sin was of arrogance, that they were secure in the knowledge that they could do no wrong. As soon as they ran into the Wraith and were confronted with the unknown for the first time, they panicked and made mistake after mistake in their bumbling around. I like that.
                          I think it is more enjoyable knowing that the 4 original races were not always perfect or had a weakness. This season has truly been a battle of the morals. You had one enemy feeding off humans to survive, with a total different enemy wiping out millions of people to starve the other enemy. The enemy of my enemy is my friend? It's truly been an interesting season for S4. I think Season 5 will take us into a direction where yet again mistakes will happen, perhaps mistakes made even back earlier that are now beginning to surface. A good example...... Michael!
                          sigpic

Comment

I think it is more enjoyable knowing that the 4 original races were not always perfect or had a weakness. This season has truly been a battle of the morals. You had one enemy feeding off humans to survive, with a total different enemy wiping out millions of people to starve the other enemy. The enemy of my enemy is my friend? It's truly been an interesting season for S4. I think Season 5 will take us into a direction where yet again mistakes will happen, perhaps mistakes made even back earlier that are now beginning to surface. A good example...... Michael!
                            Green for you.
                            sigpic

Comment

Carson they saw got blown up and died........or did he? Not much to talk about, a lot of the characters kept it inside. Rodney does mention Carson in the end of "TMC" which I thought was a very nice touch.
                              Personally I thought that Rodney/Zelenka was one of the best scenes of the season. David Hewlett was great.

Comment

I can't fault the actors [except Teyla's "Climb the tower?! Is that even possible?!" from 'Quarantine'] but we've seen nothing but filler episodes for the last month since 'Spoils of War'. Granted, each second half filler episode followed up on a first half filler episode: 'Tabula Rasa' - 'Quarantine', 'Missing' - 'Trio', 'Miller's Crossing' - 'Outcast', maybe even 'Travelers' - 'Harmony' . Despite it being nice to follow the threads and themes introduced earlier in the season, these last four were, well, boring, like the smaller twin of the first half. Maybe my battle fatigue is just from having them all in a row, but I found the first half filler episodes much more interesting.
                                And you don't need cgi to make an episode exciting, just good lines and a mostly original plot that'll have ramifications for those involved.
                                sigpic
                                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                                X