X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
    I wish.
    I just really don't want to start biting my nails...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
      I just really don't want to start biting my nails...
      you still got some??? mine are long gone
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
        you still got some??? mine are long gone
        Yup, I do!

Although I must admit that my right thumb nail didn't make today...

I'll probably only watch the ep on Sat, if it's online then, cos I'm from Europe...

If I'm not lucky, it's Sunday?

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
          Yup, I do!

Although I must admit that my right thumb nail didn't make today...

I'll probably only watch the ep on Sat, if it's online then, cos I'm from Europe...

If I'm not lucky, it's Sunday?
          yeah me to. hope we get lucky this time...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ziga1980 View Post
            yeah me to. hope we get lucky this time...
            So, how's iTunes these days?

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
              The fans don't have anything to do with TPTB's decision-making. They can't possibly do. The fans like different things about the show, want different things from it, like some characters, hate others etc etc etc etc etc. So which fans would you suggest TPTB listen to and take into account in their decision-making?

For every fan upset over Carson's death, there's another who was pleased to see him go and another who didn't care one way or the other. For every fan mourning the loss of Weir, there's another who is glad she is gone or who prefers Carter or who would like Caldwell in command, or whatever. TPTB try and make the best show they can - they want to show to succeed because they want to stay employed! Whether or not their vision for the show meets what you want from it is another matter entirely... but there's not really a lot they can do about that.

As the saying goes, you can please some of the people all of the time, or all of the people some of the time; you can never please all of the people all of the time.
              I'd beg to differ on that one part. I think, that the vast majority of fans were a bit miffed with Carson's dismissal. That is, of the fans on here of course. But with what I have seen, I seriously think it's a good possibility that a good portion outside of GW were displeased too. Otherwise, why would they be bringing him back at all? It's too much of a turn around for it to be 100% coincidental. Even if it was only a tiny minute influence, then it would be evidence that it was a less than prudent decision to begin with. If it was just a decision and things went on normally, without any repercussions, then I'd accept it as just part of the business, hated it, but lived with it. But when a turnaround like this happens, it just screams, "Oops, my bad!" on TPTB's part.

The one thing I would agree with him on, is that with the "chair at the top's" statement really is not the best thing to say. In fact, I think it was completely wrong to say. It sends the wrong message. A more eloquent way to say it would have been, "While we wish we could give the fans everything they hope for, it would be impractical and impossible given all of the constraints we have to work with. So, we try to make the best decisions within the guidelines we have to work with." If the top chair had said THAT, or something like it, I think a lot more people would support that chair's decisions. But unfortunately, that is not the case. I in fact feel that there is some sort of a disdain and contempt for us "lowers". And I have gotten that kind of vibe from other statements from said chair before, so I don't think the impression is wrong, IMHO. But this is neither here nor there, as it is factually correct if albeit a bit brash.
              Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
              Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Freekzilla View Post
                I'd beg to differ on that one part. I think, that the vast majority of fans were a bit miffed with Carson's dismissal. That is, of the fans on here of course. But with what I have seen, I seriously think it's a good possibility that a good portion outside of GW were displeased too. Otherwise, why would they be bringing him back at all? It's too much of a turn around for it to be 100% coincidental. Even if it was only a tiny minute influence, then it would be evidence that it was a less than prudent decision to begin with. If it was just a decision and things went on normally, without any repercussions, then I'd accept it as just part of the business, hated it, but lived with it. But when a turnaround like this happens, it just screams, "Oops, my bad!" on TPTB's part.
                See, I think the fans influenced Carson's return. The network, MGM, and the producers saw how much love there was for this one character and support. I think Carson would of just returned for the next two eps this season and that was it. I think because of the fan support we have Carson recurring next season for at least 5 eps. Yes, 5 is not set in stone.

I agree with Ali as well. Characters come and go, whether it is an actor's choice or a creative decision. It is the overall quality of the show that counts to most viewers. Some folks continue not to watch because one character is gone, where others are happy this character is gone, and while others don't care as long as the Deadalus is still blowing up Wraith Hive ships, lol.

Close to 2 million viewers tuned in for "Midway" last Friday. Do you think all of them know about the cast changes for next season? Heck no, they look at the overall quality. If the episodes are enjoyable they will stick with the show and keep watching.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freekzilla View Post

The one thing I would agree with him on, is that with the "chair at the top's" statement really is not the best thing to say. In fact, I think it was completely wrong to say. It sends the wrong message. A more eloquent way to say it would have been, "While we wish we could give the fans everything they hope for, it would be impractical and impossible given all of the constraints we have to work with. So, we try to make the best decisions within the guidelines we have to work with." If the top chair had said THAT, or something like it, I think a lot more people would support that chair's decisions. But unfortunately, that is not the case. I in fact feel that there is some sort of a disdain and contempt for us "lowers". And I have gotten that kind of vibe from other statements from said chair before, so I don't think the impression is wrong, IMHO. But this is neither here nor there, as it is factually correct if albeit a bit brash.

The produces have been hinting at it since it happened. Check out Joe M's poem for last half of season 3 and season 4, it's plainly obvious.

Comment

Working...
                  X