This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
    I hadn't noticed your siggie. It's wonderful, Brian. Very clever. That dog on the end sort of steals the show though! Well, ok, doesn't steal it, cos Teh Hair does that - but nearly does!
    If there is one thing I want next season is Carson in more than 5 eps. Now that numbers is not set in stone. Hopefully he'll get a 6th or 7th one.

I think a lot of folks will be tuning into next season after the 3 Part story arc for the rest of this season. I know a lot of fans are going to tune in for "The Kindred".
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post

I still think the show has a lot of potential, which is one of the reasons its continuing failure (my opinion) nags at me even when I'm not watching. I remember how great it was and I keep wishing it could reach those heights again. At this point I think it's too late to salvage Atlantis, but at the same time there's still that corrosive bit of Hope that just won't admit defeat...
      I have a lot of hope for the next 4 eps this current season. I think the last 3 eps are going to start up and continue an interesting, exciting new story arc. They are also supposed to be...

Spoiler:
      Adding new allies and an enemy. So there is a lot of potential with this as well.

Well right now S3 still is my favorite, but I think after the last 4 eps of Season 4 it will be neck and neck, maybe even better.

But I sorta agree, SGA still has a lot of potential to top themselves, which they did with eps like "BAMSR". However they do have a big challenge next season, and it could be amazing or it could be a total flop.
      sigpic

Comment

As long as the rest of this season doesn't suck, I'll be there for the fifth.

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
          IMO, I don't think it's a good idea for them to release so many spoilers. It's one of the things that make LOST so cool for example, you NEVER know what's going to happen.

Spoiler:

For example, ever since the season started, we know we would get Carson back, and we've all been skimming along through all the other eps to get to the Kindred. Wouldn't it have been better if we all just watched the damn, and all of a sudden boom Carson is back and everyone is amazed? I hate always knowing what the whole season will be before I even see it."
          I 100% agree with you, sometimes I spoil it for myself, mainly coming on to this website and reading up about future episodes. But I just get way to excited about future episodes which makes me want to search for more details about the episode. May be next season I will try and avoid spoilers, I will probably enjoy it more, but it gonna be difficult.

With Lost I it a bit more difficult their is not such a dedicated website, which is well run and maintain, such a Gateworld, while most lost forums are complete and utter mess, and poorly thought out, this just my opinion.

And they do tend to keep their plot lines more secret, or more buried and hidden from the views so you have to go digging for them, unlike Stargate which everything is above surfaced, often front page of the website.

But I make a pledge and not look for any more spoiler for season 5 see how long I can hold on to it .

Comment

Nope, I'm done with the show at the end of this season. I gave TPTB a chance and I watched s4 to see how they'd handle the cast and show changes. I wasn't impressed. Hell, I think some of the recent eps have been some of the weakest for the series, and I was disappointed with how numerous promised character developments and arcs panned out.

The only thing I was interested in next season was Weir's storyline, and even that fell through. TPTB appear to be happy with how things are going, which implies that there will be much of the same next season. Seeing as I don't care for their status quo, I won't be wasting my time or money.

The storyline for Stargate Universe has potential, so I might tune in to that. Depends on who's in charge.

Comment

I'll watch Beckett's episodes, but that's it.

I was interested in where Weir was going, but I'm glad Torri decided not to return. She said she would if the story was right, but obviously it wasn't, and seeing the sort of garbage we've been tossed the last four weeks, it was probably pretty stinky.

I think Keller is a terrible addition, and with the news that yet another young, beautiful girl is joining the group, its enough to hurl. SG1 had balance between young noobs and older, wiser characters. SGA is just turning into "Who Wants to be a Super Model".

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Woolsey will be older and (IMO, anyway) unbeautiful, so there's your balance.

Comment

Woolsey will be older and (IMO, anyway) unbeautiful, so there's your balance.

I'm definately going to tune in After 'The Last Man' I think alot of people will want closure to that cliffhanger, Everything I've heard on S5 so far has make it really interesting... Undomesticated Equines could not stop me from watching it!

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                    I'll watch Beckett's episodes, but that's it.

I was interested in where Weir was going, but I'm glad Torri decided not to return. She said she would if the story was right, but obviously it wasn't, and seeing the sort of garbage we've been tossed the last four weeks, it was probably pretty stinky.

I think Keller is a terrible addition, and with the news that yet another young, beautiful girl is joining the group, its enough to hurl. SG1 had balance between young noobs and older, wiser characters. SGA is just turning into "Who Wants to be a Super Model".
                    Well Beckett is in at least 5 eps with a potential for some more. As per Weir, I don't want to turn this into a Weir thread, but Torri did not even see the story. We don't know why she turned it down. We may never know the truth. So we'll just have to leave it at that.
                    sigpic

Comment

I dont no at this point. I will probably wait untill 4 has finished then read through the season 5 spoilers to decide.

I am unsure how they can add more charcters without having even less team eps than weve had this year.

As has been mentioned a lot better by other people. I've missed the team interaction this season and see nothing so far from spoliers to make me think its not gonna be more of the same next season.

Though i didnt think i'd watch this season either, ive watched it i just havent liked it so much.
                      sigpic
                      banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

You bet your ass I'm gonna tune in. I didn't abandon BSG halfway through season 3, I sure as hell ain't gonna abandon Stargate. There are plenty of things I don't like, but even more that I love. And as long as I'm entertained, I'm going to keep watching.

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                          I dont no at this point. I will probably wait untill 4 has finished then read through the season 5 spoilers to decide.

I am unsure how they can add more charcters without having even less team eps than weve had this year.

As has been mentioned a lot better by other people. I've missed the team interaction this season and see nothing so far from spoliers to make me think its not gonna be more of the same next season.

Though i didnt think i'd watch this season either, ive watched it i just havent liked it so much.
                          I think "The Kindred" is going to strike up a lot of interest for folks who did not have interest before. I think they will be continuing this story arc for 5 straight eps going into Season 5!
                          sigpic

Comment

One of my complaints is what I see as a massive imbalance in the team- a majority of the stories all seem to center around Sheppard and McKay, with Teyla and Ronon relegated to the backwaters of B-plot (or even C-plot), but I've been wondering- was that the way it was on SG-1 with Jack and Daniel and I just didn't notice it as much? I know Teal'c wasn't always as central as I thought he could be, but Carter at least seemed more central and I thought there was a better mixing/interaction of the team- at least in the earlier seasons. Maybe my memory is just playing tricks on me again, though, and SG-1 was as weighted as Atlantis is (in my perception).

Comment

One of my complaints is what I see as a massive imbalance in the team- a majority of the stories all seem to center around Sheppard and McKay, with Teyla and Ronon relegated to the backwaters of B-plot (or even C-plot), but I've been wondering- was that the way it was on SG-1 with Jack and Daniel and I just didn't notice it as much? I know Teal'c wasn't always as central as I thought he could be, but Carter at least seemed more central and I thought there was a better mixing/interaction of the team- at least in the earlier seasons. Maybe my memory is just playing tricks on me again, though, and SG-1 was as weighted as Atlantis is (in my perception).
                              No, I completely agree. There was a far better balance with SG-1. They all had something to do, they were a very tight group, it was all very nicely balanced.

Comment

Absolutely! I've enjoyed every season of SGA and hope to continue to do so for a long time to come. I've enjoyed what they've done so far with S4 - enriched the character relationships and created some very thought-provoking storylines. I think having all of the cast available for the entire season will help with story arcs in S5.

I can't wait!
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Luciana
                                My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Working...
                                X