Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not see a major difference in Cast changes...

Season 2 & 3

Sheppard
    Mckay
    Teyla
    Ronon
    Carson
    Zelenka
    Lorne

Weir

Season 5

Sheppard
    Mckay
    Teyla
    Ronon
    Carson
    Zelenka
    Lorne

Keller
    Woolsey

Notice the bold.
    sigpic

Comment

Even though I'm disapointed about losing Weir I still tuned in this season and I will the next. It's still my favourite show and as long as they don't chop and change characters every few eps it will stay that way.

Looking forward to S5
      What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
        For example, ever since the season started,
        Spoiler:
        we know we would get Carson back,

and we've all been skimming along through all the other eps to get to the Kindred.
        Speak for yourself.

The Kindred looks like it will be good, but it wasn’t near the top of my most anticipated episodes. There have been many episodes along the way that I looked forward to and have enjoyed. And still, The Last Man entices me more than The Kindred does. Different strokes …
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
          Even though I'm disapointed about losing Weir I still tuned in this season and I will the next. It's still my favourite show and as long as they don't chop and change characters every few eps it will stay that way.

Looking forward to S5
          Weir is one character. The actress quit, good luck to her. They were going to continue her next season, oh well. Moving on...*Points to sig*
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Chaos View Post
            Speak of such blasphemy again and I will kill you where you stand. Sorry, couldn't resist using an old Teal'C quote.

Like the guy above me said, hell yes i'll be tuning in!
            Ther person above you is a girl. Their isn't a force on this planet that won't stop me from watching S5.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
              You're talking about a small portion of the fandom and I don't appreciate being lumped in with that group. I have been watching all season, every friday night despite the changes made to the cast this year. So how again am I resistant to change?

<snip>

-Stef
              I never said you were.

Comment

Absolutely. In my opinion, there is no reason not to... even if it takes forever for the episodes to come to Canada.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm gonna tune in. As long as the show is good enough and don't take more suddens turns, this will be one of my favourite shows
                  I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Yes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                      Weir is one character. The actress quit, good luck to her. They were going to continue her next season, oh well. Moving on...*Points to sig*
                      I hadn't noticed your siggie. It's wonderful, Brian. Very clever. That dog on the end sort of steals the show though! Well, ok, doesn't steal it, cos Teh Hair does that - but nearly does!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        Ther person above you is a girl. Their isn't a force on this planet that won't stop me from watching S5.
                        I thought I was a flying pig?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                          I thought I was a flying pig?
                          Your a female flying pig who does the biddinng of Peg. I am currently trying to free you from her mind control.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

It isn't always a matter of casting changes; heck, I wound up loving Jonas more than Daniel. Sometimes it's just a problem with story development itself. I haven't liked where things have been headed for a while and I don't need to watch S5 to know I won't enjoy it (although I might tune in to see Lorne's eps). I like my characters three-dimensional and reasonably intelligent and IMO, Atlantis can no longer provide even that basic a requirement. And one thing I tend to hate above all else is when writers lobotomize their characters in order to make a story work. I still stand by the opinion that if you have to make your characters into genocidal morons in order to accomplish a plotline then there's something wrong with the plotline. The Michael arc still stands out as a perfect example of bad storytelling. In my opinion, of course. I don't think the writers are capable of doing justice to the characters and stories they already have, I don't think they've done a good job of handling the changes that have already been made, and I seriously doubt they'll be able to adequately handle the other changes they've got in mind for S5, be they cast- or story-centric.

I still think the show has a lot of potential, which is one of the reasons its continuing failure (my opinion) nags at me even when I'm not watching. I remember how great it was and I keep wishing it could reach those heights again. At this point I think it's too late to salvage Atlantis, but at the same time there's still that corrosive bit of Hope that just won't admit defeat...

Comment

As long as Teyla/Rachel is on the show, I will continue to watch. I'm very excited about seeing the last few episode of season 4. Especially The Kindred part I and II. I also excited about season 5.
                              Last edited by DarkAngel34994; 12 February 2008, 06:52 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

People

No one is an 'idiot' whether or not they tune in.

they will or won't as they may
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X