This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k
    Look at me! I'm an idiot who doesn't accept change! I don't want to watch this show now - where's Ford, Carson and Wier? HUH?[Sarcasm]

Puh-lease. I'll definitely be watching this new season. I cannot wait (And it'll be worse after the S4 finale).
    Maybe you should learn to be respectful of other people and realize that not everyone fits into your own simplistic view of people. To say people aren't choosing to watch simply because they can't accept change is an interesting argument. What if the show dropped significantly in quality, or to steal an idea from South Park, what if they replaced everyone with Ewoks? That's a change...and the fact that you don't want to watch Ewoks running around doesn't make you resistant to change, it makes you resistant to crap. I'm not saying that that's the case with SGA (the poor writing or the Ewoks ) but I am saying that not choosing to watch a show for the rest of your life doesn't mean you're an idiot who can't accept change.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Of course, Season 4 has been a huge step up from the back half of Season 3 and Season 5 looks to be even better.
      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
        Maybe you should learn to be respectful of other people and realize that not everyone fits into your own simplistic view of people. To say people aren't choosing to watch simply because they can't accept change is an interesting argument. What if the show dropped significantly in quality, or to steal an idea from South Park, what if they replaced everyone with Ewoks? That's a change...and the fact that you don't want to watch Ewoks running around doesn't make you resistant to change, it makes you resistant to crap. I'm not saying that that's the case with SGA (the poor writing or the Ewoks ) but I am saying that not choosing to watch a show for the rest of your life doesn't mean you're an idiot who can't accept change.

-Stef

no, no, NO... now i am picturing an SG team made up purely of ewoks... with a rogue wookie tagging along for moral support, of course... they would cause havoc...

i do agree with your overall point though - if you personally feel the overall quality of a show is drifting downwards, why waste your time watching it? i see no reason why any criticism should be levelled at people that feel that way about SGA.

Comment

Nope, I haven’t even bothered to watch an episode after BAMSR.
          BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Definately. I am very hyped up about the season 4 finale and season 5 start, and it really looks like Atlantis has gotten much better this season.
            My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

I probably won't be tuning in either next season

I seem to have lost my taste for this franchise
              it feels to me like this show has nowhere left to grow
              they sort of maxed out their creative potential and hit a stone wall
              it's going to take some really drastic changes to keep me interested in this show

Comment

Yes, I’ll be watching.

I wouldn’t be wasting my time here, if I wasn’t enthralled by Stargate Atlantis.

I think the changes that have been made to S4 have made the show better.
                I trust that the changes planned for S5 will keep the show entertaining and interesting.

We all like different things. It can be very hard for me to qualify exactly why I become captivated by a TV show. It seems sometimes that there is some indefinable, psychological pull that draws me in. And, sometimes, for no discernable reason, it lets me go and the TV show that seemed so special becomes ordinary again. This effect is not limited to TV shows; my perception of other things can change in a similar manner. Just human nature, I guess.

I’m sorry for those that feel that the changes to SGA have alienated them.
                For me, it is, as always, part of my imaginary universe.

Yes, I’ll be watching for all the seasons to come.
                sigpic

Comment

For me, it is, as always, part of my imaginary universe.

that is a really lovely image... and i completely agree with the sentiment!

Comment

I haven't decided yet whether I'll be tuning into season 5. I've only enjoyed a few episodes this season. SGA used to be my favorite show, so in a way I don't want to give up on it. But many of the things I liked best about it are gone--certain characters, the chemistry between the remaining characters, team episodes. I'll watch until the end of this season and see how I feel about tuning into season 5 after that.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
                      When people heard about the changes happening in season 4 they decided they didn't like the show anymore before they'd even seen it, and it happening again now, if that's doesn't mean that they're narrow minded and can't accept change then I don't know what does.
                      You're talking about a small portion of the fandom and I don't appreciate being lumped in with that group. I have been watching all season, every friday night despite the changes made to the cast this year. So how again am I resistant to change?

Deciding, after watching an entire season of a series, that you don't like the direction of the writing does not make you narrow-minded...it makes you a discerning viewer. Would you keep watching a show for the rest of your life simply because you started it? Everyone is free to tune in and out of a series whenever they so choose, and to stick around when you don't enjoy it anymore simply out of loyalty is ludicrous. Almost everyone has tuned out of some show at some point for some reason over the years...and that reason was that they didn't like the changes, whether it was in the writing, the cast, whatever.

Like I said, I am not completely against the series (I'm still in this section of the board after all), I am just not seeing any improvement in this season that warrants me taking a look at the next. I honestly hope something changes my mind, but if it doesn't then it doesn't.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

For me season 4 hasnt been that good with only the first 3/4 episodes then the mid season eps being good, since the asurans where destroyed the stand alone episodes have been ok but not great, well no where near the standard of the first season!

I think for series 5 the main problem with weir not returning, that for me is a major blow as of the last 30 secs of BAMSR she would have had an interesting storyline, so all we are left with at the moment is the wraith and micheal.

Think if series 5 is to succeed they need to branch out more in maybe finding a lantean research planet which deals with zpms and pursue an ongoing story from there (but a story which doesnt reap much reward for a while) maybe conflict with the wraith more, they do not know the location of atlantis for the mo so maybe more wraith heavy episodes.

Just comes down to the writers running out of ideas lately, and really its not just SGA thats suffering many top shows are loosing their spark

Comment

Hell yeah.

All I see the cast changes are good for the show, it allows for it to stop becoming stale, like some of the last sg1 seasons did, 7,8,9,10 really. Introducing new characters, changes other recurring to regular to recurring to four or what ever is what allows me to keep guesting what gonna happen in the next episode gonna be about who gonna die or disappear or gets injured.

So come on season five more deaths, more cast changes and more sfx, and more blood, gut, and action, more keller bar games.

Comment

In a word, yes I am going to watch right up until the last wraith is dead or the last cast member has the life sucked out of him. Whichever comes first.

I am one of those fans that is hard to pigeonhole though a lot assume not. If you let it be known that you are a shipper and especially a Weir lover, you get lumped in with the general flow of those groups. That is not correct in my case. I was/am a Sparky shipper but also recognize the fact that it will never happen. I am now looking around to see who we can ship Shep with next, Larrin, Nancy, some new character? I might even warm up to Teyla if they do what I expect and kill off Kannan. That is if they don't rush into it. Season 10 works for me. I think the biggest mistake they have ever made was getting rid of Weir in the first place, but I accept Torri's decision and am ready to move on. I have enjoyed the stand alone episodes this season, love the McShep show in a non-slashy way and especially enjoyed Outcast.

The shows that have set up or continued the various arcs, especially the baby thing however were disappointing. The writing has been pretty bad at times. I mean Painkiller Jane bad. The good acting from just about everybody usually lifts a bad script above the nausea inducing level. The problem IMHO as some have pointed out is that the excitement of S1, the closeness of the cast and whatever it was that just made you want to watch the episodes over and over is missing. Blame it on the changes, the writing, the fact that they are all getting too used to the show and aren't stretching themselves anymore, something. It's hard to pin down. Some people see it and some don't which also is hard to understand, but human nature nevertheless.

I'm rambling, trying to figure out for myself what I actually think, but here's the bottom line for me. I have flushed seasons 1-3. My shiny, lovely, fun to do videos about and watch over and over show is gone. There is a new show with some of the same actors, set in Atlantis that sort of resembles it but not really. It's kinda good. I laugh sometimes. There are explosions. I'll watch it live because I enjoy the fandom and want to see what all the other people think about it, but the thrill is gone. *thinks about singing, decides not to*
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                              Hell yeah.

All I see the cast changes are good for the show, it allows for it to stop becoming stale, like some of the last sg1 seasons did, 7,8,9,10 really. Introducing new characters, changes other recurring to regular to recurring to four or what ever is what allows me to keep guesting what gonna happen in the next episode gonna be about who gonna die or disappear or gets injured.

So come on season five more deaths, more cast changes and more sfx, and more blood, gut, and action, more keller bar games.
                              IMO, I don't think it's a good idea for them to release so many spoilers. It's one of the things that make LOST so cool for example, you NEVER know what's going to happen.

Spoiler:

For example, ever since the season started, we know we would get Carson back, and we've all been skimming along through all the other eps to get to the Kindred. Wouldn't it have been better if we all just watched the damn, and all of a sudden boom Carson is back and everyone is amazed? I hate always knowing what the whole season will be before I even see it."

My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Well, I think I would if I could. Even if Sam's gonna leave. I just can't watch Sci Fi.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X