This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladyjanus View Post
    My deepest desire — outside of a believable, well-written, grown-up romance between any of the main characters, I don't much care which by this time — I would love to see Sheppard on a horse.

We know since "Outcast" that his father kept horses, which means that Sheppard probably grew up around horses and most likely knows how to ride and care for horses.

Seems to me that Sheppard's adventurous nature and his love of "anything that goes fast" would lend itself to a love of riding.

Of course, in the whole history of Stargate, unless I'm mistaken, there's only bee one episode with horses — first season, "Emancipation," Carter on a horse in a long girly outfit trying to escape from her captors only to get spilled in the dirt, veru brief glimpses of the others on horseback. I've always assumed it was a decsion based on cost, or maybe a real aversion to horses overall on the part of RDA, maybe, I don't know.

Bu wouldn't the image of Sheppard astride a horse be cool? Wouldn't it feed more than a few thunkers' fantasies?
    Oooh yeah! I'm with you on that one! Especially as JF has said he would love to do a western.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      You are right, but they won't change their mind. If SciFi and MGM could order season 6 now, than they can begin to shoot it in February. But it won't happen.
      I know how you feel. Hopefully SGU will be just as good as SGA.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
        The Atlantis expedition being forced to acknowledge their misdeeds.
        See Inquisition
        Todd becoming a regular (not as "member of the team", but as "present in more than half the episodes"), his alliance achieving a permanent cease-fire with the humans and one of his crew being sent to Atlantis for close collaboration, once they find a way for the wraith to live without feeding on humans.

Of course, I know that neither will happen, whether in the rest of season 5 or the movie(s).
        Not sure if that would work though I love Todd.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          A Teyla/Keller/Fran sex scene wouldn't go a miss either...
          LOL. And what happens with Carter?
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I have a few...
            I want to see an episode with the team (Sheppard, McKay, Teyla, Ronon) interacting they way they use to. I want to see something that shows that they all know and care about each other... like in The Return when it was so evident that McKay and Sheppard missed Teyal and Ronon.

I want Ronon to loose that wig! Him bald or with his own hair has got to be better than that!

I want more character development but since the series is over thats out so I hope they do a good job with the "romantic relationship" I don't want it to be the focus of the show..but just make it some what believable

Ronon needs to find a woman/lover (yea I said it) They don't even have to show anything. Woosley can just announce at the next "team meeting" First on the agenda..an announcement..
            Spoiler:
            Woosley - "After..correct me if I'm wrong here..after 10 years Ronon has finally gotten"
            McKay - "WOW! Seriously? 10 years?"
            Ronon - *glares as McKay*
            Teyla - "Ronon that is wonderful news!"
            Sheppard - "Good for you buddy...ah Woosley..whats next on the agenda?"

Come on give the guy a break..how many years has it been? The longer they drag this out it just seems impossible or TPTB or doing it out of spite or some silly sense of humor!
            Sig made by DG. Thanks DG sigpic

Comment

Atlantis takes flight and goes into battle against the Wraith.

Comment

would have been (i have seen it all -.-) that SG-1 visites atlantis (again) and that vala van stupid (she iritates the crap out of me) gets fed on by a wraith and is then shot by anyone (should be daniel *says: yes i am evil*)

greetings, LAX

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                  Wraith sex scene.
                  I thought the wraith were hatched?
                  Ewnif

"...
                  I've spent my whole life sticking it to the man. If I do this, I'll be the man. I don't think I can be the man. ..."
                  Col. Jack O'Neill - Season 8 - New Order Part 2

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                    ...I don't really like Teyla that much.
                    I'm not a S5 Teyla fan. However, I love the S1 Teyla. They s/bring that Teyla back. They s/also have done more Gate exploration with fewer shots of the forests around British Columbia. If I see another world that looks like BC I am going to hurl. Woolsey is ok, but they should have let the Carter of SG1 Season 5 or 6 run Atlantis, I never saw Sam as a bureaucrat. The ultimate end of the human/wraith conflict is the reproduction of human and wraith as a new species--wraminth.
                    Ewnif

"...
                    I've spent my whole life sticking it to the man. If I do this, I'll be the man. I don't think I can be the man. ..."

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
                      Well, I gave up on SG1 when RDA left. So I guess that answers your question.
                      First I want preface this comment by saying that I love the characters of General Landry, Col. Mitchell, Jonas Quinn, and Vala. Nothing in the below should be taken as disparaging comment on those characters/actors.

SG1 began its downhill trek when in Season 8, Dr. Elizabeth Weir (this is the first time we see Torri Higginson) in the Episode titled: "New Order -Part 2" the following exchange occurs between Col. Jack O'Neill and Dr. Elizabeth Weir (DEW) as she is packing:
                      S.G.C. WEIR'S OFFICE. Elizabeth is packing her stuff into boxes. Jack comes to the door and knocks.

WEIR: Colonel, come in. How are you feeling?

O'NEILL: Not bad. Haven't had the urge to go anywhere or build anything lately.

WEIR: Well, you have been given a clean bill of health as far as the finest medical professionals on this planet are concerned.

O'NEILL: Well, what do they know?! (He sits down.)

WEIR: The President asked me to extend an invitation to you. Dinner at the White House.

O'NEILL: Do you know what they're having?

WEIR: I don't think I've had the chance to personally thank you yet.

O'NEILL: For what?

WEIR: You risk your life over and over, and ask for nothing in return.

O'NEILL: Well, don't be fooled. I'm makin' a list.

WEIR: Well I doubt very much there's anything that could properly repay you.

O'NEILL (looking at the boxes): Are you goin' somewhere?

WEIR: As a matter of fact, the President has asked me to supervise the research of the Ancient outpost. It's gonna be a bit of a delicate situation, given all the various international claims already being made on the site.

O'NEILL: Sounds right up your alley.

WEIR: Yeah, well, much more so than this job.

O'NEILL: Does that mean Hammond will be coming back?

WEIR: No. General Hammond is being promoted. He'll be overseeing all things relating to Earth's defense on behalf of the Pentagon and Washington -- the S.G.C., the 303 program, the Antarctic site. Unofficially it's being called Homeworld Security.

O'NEILL: Any idea who we're gonna be stuck with?

WEIR: The Pentagon has convinced the President that there is one man who could run the S.G.C. and make it politically viable from an international perspective, despite the fact that he is part of the American military establishment.

O'NEILL: Do we know this ... shrub?

WEIR: Well, you know him rather well ... Brigadier General Jack O'Neill.

O'NEILL: Me?!

WEIR: Yeah, you.

O'NEILL: Brigadier ... (He pauses.) It's on my list.

WEIR: Congratulations.

O'NEILL: I should be clear -- (he stands) I'd like the promotion, pay cheque and the parking spot. But I don't really wanna be in charge of anything. No.

WEIR: Well, sadly, all those things kind of go together. So I guess you have some thinking to do.

O'NEILL (grimacing): I hate that.

From that point forward SG1 did not have the same spark. Once Col. O'Neill was sacrificed for Brigadier General O'Neill even though the actor was the same the producers/writers changed the essential nature of "Jack O'Neill" and IMO the entire focus of Stargate SG1.

Ewnif

"...

Comment

indeed, that ruined the character (jack at a desk? sorry, but No, not really, never, not if hell freezes over and kinsey runs around in a bunny costume - sorry, but that should not have happened.

They should have "dropped" the character of the show (maybe with the chance of appearing in a few episodes as guest character - full time of course) but not have done this, i am sorry it just does not fit.

@topic: i wanted to see the wraith taking over atlantis and rodney (for once using his mind for tactics and such) fighting to take it back, while talking to himself (like speaking with an imaginary sheppard) that would have been fun, rodney mumbling to himself while hot wiring systems, laying traps and such to stopp the wraith
                        even more it would be cruel to rodney to have him face the situation alone, maybe he would at first lock himself up in order to be save and think about the situation

greetings LAX

Comment

Originally posted by Laxian of Earth View Post
                          indeed, that ruined the character (jack at a desk? sorry, but No, not really, never, not if hell freezes over and kinsey runs around in a bunny costume - sorry, but that should not have happened.

They should have "dropped" the character of the show (maybe with the chance of appearing in a few episodes as guest character - full time of course) but not have done this, i am sorry it just does not fit.
                          I must disagree here. True Jack was more suited to being in the field and not at a desk however they showed him struggling with that very well and he became more suited to that type of role. I too liked Jack in the field but he did a great job in season 8 as base commander IMO.

@topic: i wanted to see the wraith taking over atlantis and rodney (for once using his mind for tactics and such) fighting to take it back, while talking to himself (like speaking with an imaginary sheppard) that would have been fun, rodney mumbling to himself while hot wiring systems, laying traps and such to stopp the wraith
                          even more it would be cruel to rodney to have him face the situation alone, maybe he would at first lock himself up in order to be save and think about the situation

greetings LAX
                          That would have been cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
                            Todd becoming a regular (not as "member of the team", but as "present in more than half the episodes"), his alliance achieving a permanent cease-fire with the humans and one of his crew being sent to Atlantis for close collaboration, once they find a way for the wraith to live without feeding on humans.
                            That would be great!! But he is such a devil, you can never trust him.So he must stay a prisoner.Maybe the problems start from that reason alone.His hive trying to free him etc..

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                            I think it would be really interesting to have a Wraithe spin off. like have a mini series told from the Wraithes perspective. we generaly only see stories through the teams eyes with the occasional scenes with Todd etc alone with other Wraithe. I dont particularly want to see them feeding all over the place but there day to day interactions and lives would be interesting to me anyway.
                            True , we don't know enough about the Wraith, especially about their ability to give back life and stay alive for thousands of years. From lines thrown here and there we know that they 're maybe hiding some very interesting secrets.

Originally posted by ewnif View Post
                            I'm not a S5 Teyla fan. However, I love the S1 Teyla. They s/bring that Teyla back.
                            It was that pregnancy thing that kept her away for so long and reduced her on screen time. But yes, i would love to see her more,but less as a mother etc and more like the Leader that she is.

Originally posted by ewnif View Post
                            The ultimate end of the human/wraith conflict is the reproduction of human and wraith as a new species--wraminth.
                            Ohh that would be disgusting !! You mean a race like Bug-Sheppard?
                            Spoiler:
                            APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                            (YEAR 0 - 100)
                            "O thou Sun,
                            send me as far over the earth
                            as is my pleasure and thine,
                            and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                            but never hear anything of bad ones,
                            nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Working...