Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, if we're throwing out episode ideas; a comment from JM's blog yesterday sparked one in my head:

What if, by some random mutation, a few Wraiths are able to, not only consume our "life force", but also our thoughts and memories and our very being? Every time they feed, they receive both food, and the memories of that person, along with the terror felt at the time of the feeding? This could lead to significant conflict within these Wraiths; a group that has to feed, but every time they do, they get bombarded by these horrible images.

Added onto that, whenever they give the "Gift of Life" to some human, that human would then get those same memories and thoughts as the Wraith's earlier victims as it's regurgitated into their heads. It could make them all schizophrenic and stuff, having many pieces of different minds in their heads.

What do you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      Well, if we're throwing out episode ideas; a comment from JM's blog yesterday sparked one in my head:

What if, by some random mutation, a few Wraiths are able to, not only consume our "life force", but also our thoughts and memories and our very being? Every time they feed, they receive both food, and the memories of that person, along with the terror felt at the time of the feeding? This could lead to significant conflict within these Wraiths; a group that has to feed, but every time they do, they get bombarded by these horrible images.

Added onto that, whenever they give the "Gift of Life" to some human, that human would then get those same memories and thoughts as the Wraith's earlier victims as it's regurgitated into their heads. It could make them all schizophrenic and stuff, having many pieces of different minds in their heads.

What do you guys think?
      Creepy but I like it!
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

What do you guys think?
        I like it...would be nice if it was an old hive of wraith from the Atlantean wars. These Wraith are like the elite soldiers of their race that remained in stasis. The memories of their ancient Atlantean victims flooding their thoughts, perhaps this was the ancient’s method of making them more human?

They have been kept in stasis to tap into the thoughts similar in technique to the aurora’s crew. The memories are extremely hard to understand like pages torn from multiple library books shuffled and then assembled into a single binding.

sigpic

Comment

I would like to see more Ronon. shirtless, perhaps?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
            I would like to see more Ronon.?* shirtless, perhaps??*
            Your ideas scare me
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

- more Todd
              - McKay and Sheppard hug ( and more hint hint)
              - a permanent leader for Atlantis
              - every one becomes closer friends
              - less episodes where they make the main characters go crazy
              - Rodney is there for the birth of Teyla baby
              - the elimnation of the wraith with the, exception of Todd and the travelers ,man i dislike Larrin
              -
              sigpic
              May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
                - more Todd
                - every one becomes closer friends
                - the elimnation of the wraith with the, exception of Todd and the travelers ,man i dislike Larrin
                -
                Spoiler:
                At least you will be happy when that one comes true.

McKay is going to deliver Teyla's baby. I only hope the writers dont use it as a chance to make McKay look foolish

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
                  - more Todd
                  He is the Teal'c of Atlantis.
                  Absolutly not! No Slash!
                  I want that too but and that is what Carter was supposed to be but things came up. Hopefully Woolsey will do a good enough job to stay on.
                  - every one becomes closer friends.
                  It depends what you mean by that as from what I have seen they definitely have grown closer each episode.
                  Well I count three in season 4, Tabula Rasa, Doppleganger, and Missing all of which were great eps and the odd behavior was perfectly explained.
                  That would be nice of him.
                  the elimnation of the wraith with the, exception of Todd and the travelers ,man i dislike Larrin
                  -
                  I disagree. Bad idea.
                  Last edited by Mitchell82; 10 June 2008, 11:23 AM. Reason: spelling
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                    I would like to see more Ronon. shirtless, perhaps?

I'd like to see that too...add Sheppard shirtless and I'm HOOKED!!
                    sigpic
                    My Manips & other artwork!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Col.Errandboy View Post
                      The writers should write a episode where everyone is shirtless

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
                        The writers should write a episode where everyone is shirtless
                        As intriguing and, yes, enjoyable as that would be, that would definitely be classified as "fanservice" lol. We don't want Stargate to end up like the "young and edgy" segment of "200".

As far as my own desires for season 5, I'd like it to continue down the path it's going right now. I think it's doing well. However, they need to pay a little more attention to cheesiness. Cheesiness worked early on in SG1 because they knew it was cheesy, so it sort of canceled itself out. Seasons 9 and 10 of SG1 became VERY cheesy because the writers/directors tried too hard to be SUPERCOOL, and ended up looking foolish. SGA later started to do this also, but to a lesser degree. Hopefully, there will be less embarassingly cheesy moments in Season 5.

This is unrelated, but I've always found cultural nuances interesting. The word "fanservice" up there in my first paragraph was originally a word that began with "fanwan" and ended in "kery", and I was surprised to see that it was censored out when I posted this. After looking around, I realized that the word has an entirely different meaning in Springfield, Missouri, US than it does in other parts of the world lol. I like stuff like that.
                        Last edited by any_gopher; 10 June 2008, 02:34 AM.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Bring back Weir. Find a way.

More science fiction, less bureaucratic conflict. It was cool and different the first few times, now it's just the same thing I see at work everyday. Who wants to watch that all the time?

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Looks like TPTBs read my request and finally put Sheppard on trial. The only thing that puzzles me is that he is tried by a bunch of aliens and not the US military.

Also: Less WhinyRodney, no WhinyKeller, more Ronon, more Radek

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Col.Errandboy View Post
                              I'm glad I'm not the only one. LOL

Originally posted by Ganthet Jr. View Post
                              As intriguing and, yes, enjoyable as that would be, that would definitely be classified as "fanservice" lol. We don't want Stargate to end up like the "young and edgy" segment of "200".
                              It could just be for a few seconds, like in Runner where he went shirtless so Carson could take the tracking device out. I don't want Atlantis to end up like a soap opera either.

Oh and another desire, more Carson!
                              sigpic

Comment

I'd love to see the Ori in Atlantis. Plot-wise its do-able but it'll never happen. Ok so when the Ori began their crusade they sent everyone to the Milky Way. Well we're always told that Pegasus is quite close by. What if one Ori mothership decided to go see if they could convert a few planets. Since the Ark only works within a galaxy so they would be unaffected. Also Atlantis wouldn't have of those Prior inhibitors. Anyone else think it would make a good ep.?
                                sigpic
                                Ten Years, A Lot Of Enemies, A Presumed Death, A Complete Back Story Rewrite....But Still Looking Good!

Comment

Working...
                                X