This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
    As we all will know the planned strike may/will effect the writers of stargate. so lets bulk up the ranks and start sprouting the ideas for the next season!

Bring Weir back. Simple as that.

They were expecting a boost in ratings with the cast changes, even Joe Flanigan said that at the Burbank convention. They thought bringing Carter in would give them higher ratings. They've had the worst ratings for first run eps that they've ever had.

They need to get back to basics, bring back Beckett and Weir (well, we know he's back, but she needs to come home to Atlantis, too) Cutting Atlantis off from Earth would be good, too. Increase the urgency.

If they were going to bring Amanda in, they would have done much better and drawn in a bigger crowd if they'd done it with her recurring. People will tune in for one episode of a show they don't particularly like if an actor they like is on it. They won't watch for a whole season if they don't like the show. I think that's what we're seeing with Carter.

The Carter fans who liked the show were already watching. Joe Flanigan himself essentially said that at the Burbank convention. And yes, I was there, so I heard it first hand. He said Amanda was brought in to replace Torri and boost ratings.

The ones who don't like the show, as much as they like Amanda, don't feel the need to stick around and watch it. It's like someone made an analogy to Bones. They loved David B from Angel, and thought they'd give Bones a try. That was the chance to watch him again. That person said they tried, hated the show... ie: no ratings from that particular person who might have watched only for David.

Comment

Im only up to the "Missing" episode in Stargate Atlantis and not sure what ideas they will have for later in the season????? so fingers crossed these ideas will turn up!

But for season 5!!!

I would like to see a super ancient weapons factory hidden away in space with lots of new prototype devices used as defence against the wraith.

I will be also hoping if not in season 4 then in 5 -ancient criminals and a couple of super soldiers used against the wraith locked away in a storage device like in the season 3 episode "the ark" to wreak havoc on the pegasus galaxy and the wraith and the replicators that would be sweet.

I would also be hoping alot of stand alone episodes focusing on ronan and his past as I think his character is underdeveloped and would be good to see a character's past on another planet other than earth.

Im also hoping the writers read this but doubtful lol

Another ideas would be to see a stargate factory that mass produces stargates for other galaxies and to see how the ancient made their weapons and ships etc etc.

anyway fingers crossed for Stargate Atlantis here hoping the season will keep getting better and better!!!!!!!!!

Comment

BRING IN THE FURLINGS!Seriously, if they don't show those guys soon i'm gonna be pissed.

Oh, and have daniel gain back all of his memories from when he was asceneded.Maybe then we can finally have a full fledged ancient on our team.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post

They were expecting a boost in ratings with the cast changes, even Joe Flanigan said that at the Burbank convention. They thought bringing Carter in would give them higher ratings. They've had the worst ratings for first run eps that they've ever had.
          I think getting rid of Weir was a poor call. I like Carter and think that AT is a great actress and has done a wonderful job with the character in SG-1. However, I am very put-off by all of the cast changes. I don't think bringing AT over was going to have a significant positive impact on the ratings, or bring the mass migration of viewers they were expecting.

You kill off two characters who had a decent fan base and replace them with an existing character from the same universe doesn't seem to really add up. In all likelihood, many viewers were already watching both programs. So bringing over AT would not have that large of an impact. It is more likely that killing off two fan favorites would have a greater impact, and not the one they were looking for.

It's not the cast that needs changing

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
            If they bring Weir back, she should be a part of Shep's team. That would provide an oppertunity for alot more development for her, and it won't seem like she is being crammed in where she isn't needed, I felt this was a mistake the writers made a few times, especially with carson. Luckily they learned their lesson with Carter and Keller, and aren't shoving them into every scene. If Weir was on Shep's team, then there would be a better excuse to have her around more, and sfter her experience on Asuras, I feel like she would fit in with the 'crew' who are constantly out in the field, especially now that she is part Replicator.

I don't see why they can't have both Carter and Weir. There are shows on TV that handle alot more characters than Atlantis does, and they manage to do it well.

Comment

They should make a flashback episode for Todd:

- What part did he play at the siege of Atlantis 10000 years before?
              - Did he live when the Ancients left Atlantis?
              - What does he think about the expedition's arriving, the death of the Keeper, the Runners or Teyla's Wraith detecting skills?
              - Could he meet with Ford, Merlin or Janus in the past?
              - What did he make when he was asleep for centuries?

So there are so many ideas to show us something from the Wraith's past.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                If they bring Weir back, she should be a part of Shep's team. That would provide an oppertunity for alot more development for her, and it won't seem like she is being crammed in where she isn't needed, I felt this was a mistake the writers made a few times, especially with carson. Luckily they learned their lesson with Carter and Keller, and aren't shoving them into every scene. If Weir was on Shep's team, then there would be a better excuse to have her around more, and sfter her experience on Asuras, I feel like she would fit in with the 'crew' who are constantly out in the field, especially now that she is part Replicator.

I don't see why they can't have both Carter and Weir. There are shows on TV that handle alot more characters than Atlantis does, and they manage to do it well.
                I gotta say that anything is possible for Season 5! Heck Beckett could return full time, we don't know. That is why I have hope for certain things to happen. Anyway just as long as the show remains in quality like Season 3 and 4, then I am happy.
                sigpic

Comment

For season 5 I'd like to know more about ancient technology, discover more about the city, and have a much larger expedition there, it is a city not a town, it's not like their a little tight for space. I also want to see new stuff, like not necessarily a new type of ship, but another ship would be good, a different type of 302 that can fly straight through the gate, or another ZPM or two so that things can really get moving. I know that supposedly Stargate Universe will deal with is the 9th Chevron, but when Atlantis started I really thought that we would find out then because Atlantis was the city of the ancients. I'd also like to find out where ships and Stargates were built by the ancients.
                  sigpic
                  If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
                  I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

Originally posted by scififreak23 View Post
                    BRING IN THE FURLINGS!Seriously, if they don't show those guys soon i'm gonna be pissed.
                    It's a rule: the Furling turn up in every single thread.

Also, Daniel in a few episodes would be cool, as long as there's a logical reason for him to be there, not just as a ratings booster.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg8man View Post
                      It's a rule: the Furling turn up in every single thread.
                      Also, Daniel in a few episodes would be cool, as long as there's a logical reason for him to be there, not just as a ratings booster.
                      LOL... I think will all the descussion on Daniel in Atlantis season 5 there should be a campain to get him there or something...

**I'm All For A Season 5 Daniel Episode!**

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                        Actually, the person I would want to return and wrap up his storyline the most would be Ford. Let him come back for one episode, get him off of the Wraith drug, and then send him home for rehabilitation. An end scene with him happily surrounded by his grandparents would be great and heartwarming.
                        In the words of Patrick Stewart "And then he gets Kicked in the Groin. Hahahahahahahahaha!"
                        Sheppard's team runs into Kolya on a planet:

Koyla:"That's right Sheppard, I've got you right where I want you. And there's nothing you can do about it. Your plan was flawed, mine is perfect.This time I have a new gotee, and a black cloak. And I know for a fact that anyone would be scared of that. Now give me the ZPM or I'll kill the guy with the dreadlocks."

5 seconds later....

Kolya is hanging from a tree by his underwear.

Wa Wa Waaaaa.....

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                          They should make a flashback episode for Todd:

- What part did he play at the siege of Atlantis 10000 years before?
                          - Did he live when the Ancients left Atlantis?
                          - What does he think about the expedition's arriving, the death of the Keeper, the Runners or Teyla's Wraith detecting skills?
                          - Could he meet with Ford, Merlin or Janus in the past?
                          - What did he make when he was asleep for centuries?

So there are so many ideas to show us something from the Wraith's past.
                          There's an excellent idea!
                          sigpic

Comment

I want a new class of earth ships, they have the technology.

I want to see the “super bugs” re-surface.

I come on the forums a hell of a lot, to read more than post, and most people want to see further links between SG1 & SGA. Whether its more characters from SG1 making cameos on Atlantis or storylines left open on SG1 being finished up on Atlantis…

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                              I come on the forums a hell of a lot, to read more than post, and most people want to see further links between SG1 & SGA. Whether its more characters from SG1 making cameos on Atlantis or storylines left open on SG1 being finished up on Atlantis…
                              Confused a bit...

Do you want that, or don't you want that?
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Confused a bit...

Do you want that, or don't you want that?
                                Merlin1701 wants it
                                sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X