Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News from JMs blog... well not so much news as the promise of news over the weekend.

Looking ahead - Virtual dinner tomorrow, a This Mortal Coil breakdown this weekend, and sometime in the next week: missives from Baron Destructo, big season 5 news for fans of this character, and pics from the upcoming Ark of Truth screening.
    Now the question is which character? Weir or maybe Baron Destructo is coming to bring terror to the Pegasus Galaxy.
    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Well im a bloody brill cook! The "splash" of SG1 into SGA brings a new dimension, it also draws the SG1 fans back!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
        The "splash" of SG1 into SGA brings a new dimension, it also draws the SG1 fans back!
        Like they weren't already watching.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

some tuned out claiming SGA was too far from the SG1 that they loved.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
            some tuned out claiming SGA was too far from the SG1 that they loved.
            It isn't supposed to be like SG-1 though...

I like the way they have introduced Sam. They have made her character evolve in roder to fit Atlantis, and she now feels like a member of the show, not SG-1, instead of changing Atlantis to suit her. That is how it happened, and IMO it was the correct way.

If SG-1 elements are used sparingly, I think it's fantastic. They are the same universe. They are expected to run together, just like the Star Trek shows. Frankly, it would be stupid and unrealistic if they never did.

Comment

I love SG-1 and SGA. I want to see the shows be similar. It is the characters that truly make the show different along with the story. Both have the same concept.

If people want a different kind of Stargate, they might enjoy SGU. Which is supposed to be a total seperate series from SG-1 and SGA.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                If people want a different kind of Stargate, they might enjoy SGU. Which is supposed to be a total seperate series from SG-1 and SGA.
                Until they start with the cast changes... oh, and they will!! Cause SG1 must live on in whatever means they can use.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Until they start with the cast changes... oh, and they will!! Cause SG1 must live on in whatever means they can use.
                  Now thats what you call a conspiracy theory. One character appears and SG1 is taking over:s
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Now thats what you call a conspiracy theory. One character appears and SG1 is taking over:s
                    To me it is... Not sure on the conspiracy-theory, I'm not good at that sort of thing.

Comment

To me it is... Not sure on the conspiracy-theory, I'm not good at that sort of thing.
                      Its a conspiracy thepry because Universe is still at least a year (if not more) away from airing and your already saying that SG-1 characters are going to take over.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

I wouldn't call it a conspiracy theory. I call it an educated guess based on past experience. IMO the current PTB haven't got any faith in their own creation and use SG-1 as their security blanket. A moment of indecision or doubt and they've got to run back and borrow more elements from the mother show. I don't see them having any more confidence in a new series.

Comment

you mean like...movies? seriously though just because Carter's base commander doesn't mean other members of SG-1 will come over too (and TBTB have no intention to do that). SGU is supposed to be a seperate series, it's been speculated by fans that Daniel might play an important part but so far nothing's been confirmed
                          sigpic
                          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

i wanna seem them use the damn gate often. miss the dang thing

less 304's more team adventures
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

All of these worlds are yours except europa, attempt no landings there

Comment

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
                                I wouldn't call it a conspiracy theory. I call it an educated guess based on past experience. IMO the current PTB haven't got any faith in their own creation and use SG-1 as their security blanket. A moment of indecision or doubt and they've got to run back and borrow more elements from the mother show. I don't see them having any more confidence in a new series.
                                TPTB have shown this season more than any that they have confidence in their creation, Atlantis has finally started to become a show of its own rather than just a copy of SG-1. Atlantis is less like SG-1 now than it has ever been, the cast changes are irrelevant. And how does putting SG-1 characters guest roles on SGA make the show more like SG-1? If anything it deviates even more from the SG-1 formula...

Comment

Working...
                                X