X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Ah, I get it.

But the way it's going right now... not everyone happy either. I know there can't be a "right" way so everybody's happy (I applaud the person who can do that).

I suggest we cancel the show completely and they start over with Universe. Although, on second thought... Nope not a good idea, both the cancellation and Universe. They'll screw it up just the same.

A complete make over for the writers and their muses, so they can come up with something fresh, or at least something that looks fresh.
    I like the direction of Season 4, I would not mind a Full Circle but I feel it could also make the show worse. But that's my opinion. I think at this point if they bring one lost chracter back in Season 5 that might be a good compromise and will keep the show in the creative direction. If characters keep getting killed off and returning it really dulls and cheapens the effects of it, imo.
    sigpic

Comment

returning to the way things were, would, as a writer, admit that they screwed up.

That's why they'll never go back to the way things were, even if they wanted to. because then fans would go "ahHA!" and they would feel like they were admitting a mistake.

And it was (IMO) a mistake to go away from the magic that was S1 then make all those cast changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        I like the direction of Season 4, I would not mind a Full Circle but I feel it could also make the show worse. But that's my opinion. I think at this point if they bring one lost chracter back in Season 5 that might be a good compromise and will keep the show in the creative direction. If characters keep getting killed off and returning it really dulls and cheapens the effects of it, imo.
        Yeah, you do. And a a gazillion others do to. And I don't like it, and a gazillions others don't either. And if they change it, then a gazillions others are going to complain or cheer. Whatever they do, it will never be good enough, or it will rock (depens to which gazillion you belong).

Gazillion is just a figure of speach here.

Instead of killing and then bringing them back, they could just as well give them a new direction and bring em back. But not the way Ford went, cause that was well... Wrong.

Originally posted by siXbrownSnakes2 View Post
        returning to the way things were, would, as a writer, admit that they screwed up.
        Yeah, and everybody knows that admitting a mistake is harder than making it.

Originally posted by siXbrownSnakes2 View Post
        And it was (IMO) a mistake to go away from the magic that was S1 then make all those cast changes.
        I agree.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Folks, if you can't discuss s5 without taking digs at each other, keep your thoughts to yourself

Part of respecting each other is tolerating each other's opinions, even those you do not agree with.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It's a tricky ballance. It could work and it could not. Full Circle is a great example of it working. It was done as a possible end with hope for SG-1 and done very well. Then they brought back a favored character and also lost a character. If they go the same route it's a tough choice. Personally they won't keep axing and bringing back people and as long as they follow the same formulae that they have the last four seasons I am going to be one happy camper.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
              It's a tricky ballance. It could work and it could not. Full Circle is a great example of it working. It was done as a possible end with hope for SG-1 and done very well. Then they brought back a favored character and also lost a character. If they go the same route it's a tough choice. Personally they won't keep axing and bringing back people and as long as they follow the same formulae that they have the last four seasons I am going to be one happy camper.
              I think Season 7 was one of the best seasons of SG-1 even if RDA's role was reduced, he was there for the key parts when it counted.

Anyway, as per SGA. I feel if one character returns from the grave or whatever then it will be fine. DJ returning was handled so well that it made, IMO the show more powerful and better actually. They can't just start bringing everyone back. I am having bad vibes for one of my favorite characters for the mid-season episodes. I hope I am wrong, we just have to wait and see.

But yeah I agree they need to follow the same formula and keep things real but also on a Science Fiction level as well. Um does that make any sense?
              sigpic

Comment

I think Season 7 was one of the best seasons of SG-1 even if RDA's role was reduced, he was there for the key parts when it counted. Anyway, as per SGA. I feel if one character returns from the grave or whatever then it will be fine. DJ returning was handled so well that it made, IMO the show more powerful and better actually. They can't just start bringing everyone back. I am having bad vibes for one of my favorite characters for the mid-season episodes. I hope I am wrong, we just have to wait and see. But yeah I agree they need to follow the same formula and keep things real but also on a Science Fiction level as well. Um does that make any sense?
                I would be very if they brought back all the dead/MIA characters. Times change and actors contracts expire. Learn to roll with the change and try to accept the new character that is being introduced
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                  As we all will know the planned strike may/will effect the writers of stargate. so lets bulk up the ranks and start sprouting the ideas for the next season!
                  well, the only real desire i have for s5 would be IF sam's in it please, she'll get a full-fledged episode of her own.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    I would be very if they brought back all the dead/MIA characters. Times change and actors contracts expire. Learn to roll with the change and try to accept the new character that is being introduced
                    I feel a show should have one lost character return. It makes the story interesting and it makes fans happy and thinking as well. SG-1 had Daniel Jackson, BSG had Starbuck. If I am going to guess who will be the lucky one to return for S5 it would be Carson Beckett.
                    sigpic

Comment

Actually, the person I would want to return and wrap up his storyline the most would be Ford. Let him come back for one episode, get him off of the Wraith drug, and then send him home for rehabilitation. An end scene with him happily surrounded by his grandparents would be great and heartwarming.

Beckett and Weir's stories aren't finished, so we'll see where they go.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                        Actually, the person I would want to return and wrap up his storyline the most would be Ford. Let him come back for one episode, get him off of the Wraith drug, and then send him home for rehabilitation. An end scene with him happily surrounded by his grandparents would be great and heartwarming.

Beckett and Weir's stories aren't finished, so we'll see where they go.
                        Yeah, that would be a nice episode. As per Beckett and Weir, I think one of these characters can pop up in Season 5 for a few guest spots, maybe even a recurring role. My money is on Carson though, what do you think?
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm betting on both. Hopefully we'll know by the time their respective future episodes of Season 4 have aired.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                            I'm betting on both. Hopefully we'll know by the time their respective future episodes of Season 4 have aired.
                            I am really anticipating the Mid-Season 3 parter. I think it's going to be amazing. )
                            sigpic

Comment

let me point out to you guys a paragraph from the 'respecting others' rule you all agreed to when you joined this fourm

Respecting other members means that they have as much right as you to post their opinion, positive or negative, within the boundaries of the forum topic. Do not tell another member to "get lost." You do not have to respect the opinion, but you must respect that person's right to express it. (If you believe someone is violating the forum rules or posting off-topic, report the post to the moderators using the triangle icon in the upper-right corner of the post. Do not respond to the poster.)

You guys - general use of guys here - can't do this, then you either learn or you're gonna be spending a lot of time on moderation.

DISCUSS SEASON FIVE

do NOT discuss the previous seasons. We already have threads for that. Do NOT discuss each other.

Keep it on topic or keep it to yourself.
                              Last edited by Skydiver; 16 November 2007, 04:42 AM.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Season 4 is the best season yet. Atlantis finally has meaning, a more interesting and coherent storyline, which should begin to erupt tonight. There has been more characters development, and more quality episodes and moments than any season yet. This season has had one average episode out of 7. That is excellent IMO. And it looks like the arcs are really starting to heat up now with the likes of Missing and The Seer. Even the standalones like Tabula Rasa and Reunion have been great, and there has been much more of an attempt to alteaslt tie in previous and current plot points to the standalone episodes. Past charecters who have recently left are ACTUALLY being remembered too, which is excellent.

So for season 5, I would like them to expand on what they have done here, and push it forward even more. That would be brilliant. I would also either like to see Weir return and joun the team as Super!Liz, or die a hero, dealing a huge blow to either the Replicators or Wraith in the process.

Edit: (Just to say, I wasn't meaning to discuss the previous season here, I was using it as an example of how I would like the show to continue on in s5)

Comment

Working...
                                X