Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season 5 episode tidbits/discussion/speculation (potential spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
    well so far any used SG-1 ideas have been developed pretty differently in the respective Atlantis eps so I wouldn't worry about that
    Err, I have a different idea on that...especially in season 4...but hey, I hope it changes.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Err, I have a different idea on that...especially in season 4...but hey, I hope it changes.
      ok so we have different opinions. but whether you liked them or not, don't you agree that the eps turned out completely different?
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Jack jr because there's one ep where womething similar happened to O'Neill (again: one ep)?
        You don't get it, it's because of one ep but it's because of how he acts. He's cocky against enemies, he's intelligent but behaves as if he's an idiot but when needed he outsmarts the smartest minds and gives them the idea they work out to save the day, he has a certain disregard for authority, his ATA gene is as special and strong as Jack's, etc..

It are all these little things that make me think of him being written as Jack Jr. but with added kirkpowers because he's young.
        Signed,

Gregorius
        Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
        Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
          You don't get it, it's because of one ep but it's because of how he acts. He's cocky against enemies, he's intelligent but behaves as if he's an idiot but when needed he outsmarts the smartest minds and gives them the idea they work out to save the day, he has a certain disregard for authority, his ATA gene is as special and strong as Jack's, etc..

It are all these little things that make me think of him being written as Jack Jr. but with added kirkpowers because he's young.
          ok so basically Shep is O'Neill, Teyla and Ronon are a combination of Teal'c and Vala, Ford is Cam, Weir is Hammond/Landry, Rodney is Carter, Chuck is Walter, Beckett and Keller are Frasier and Lam etc.

I know you didn't say they were but you can find traces of SG-1 characters in every single one of the Atlantis team. so they're the same? no. Shep might remember us of O'Neill but he's a totally different person, different background, other training, they're a generation apart etc. and while I may agree that he was an O'Neill clone in the first few eps I certainly think Shep was written differently over the past few seasons
          sigpic

Comment

ok so basically Shep is O'Neill, Teyla and Ronon are a combination of Teal'c and Vala, Ford is Cam, Weir is Hammond/Landry, Rodney is Carter, Chuck is Walter, Beckett and Keller are Frasier and Lam etc.
            No, you don't get it. It's about how the characters are being written. Sheppard is being written as younger version of O'Neill. The other characters are written differently from their SG-1 "counterparts", all but Sheppard.

I know you didn't say they were but you can find traces of SG-1 characters in every single one of the Atlantis team. so they're the same? no. Shep might remember us of O'Neill but he's a totally different person, different background, other training, they're a generation apart etc. and while I may agree that he was an O'Neill clone in the first few eps I certainly think Shep was written differently over the past few seasons
            And I respectfully disagree with that, since in my opinion he's slowly becomming more and more O'Neill, Jr..
            Signed,

Gregorius
            Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
            Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
              No, you don't get it. It's about how the characters are being written. Sheppard is being written as younger version of O'Neill. The other characters are written differently from their SG-1 "counterparts", all but Sheppard.

And I respectfully disagree with that, since in my opinion he's slowly becomming more and more O'Neill, Jr..
              ok. I still think that O'Neill and Shep are different persons, maybe slightly alike because of their jobs but nothing more. let's just agree to disagree before this gets even more OT
              sigpic

Comment

ok so we have different opinions. but whether you liked them or not, don't you agree that the eps turned out completely different?
                Not always.

Comment

Not always.
                  no? then I guess I'm missing something
                  sigpic

Comment

Not always.
                    I see a rehash arguement coming. Was that your sinster intentiond FH.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      I see a rehash arguement coming. Was that your sinster intentiond FH.
                      Nope, not at all (and I mean that, no sarcasm, just me).

Comment

Nope, not at all (and I mean that, no sarcasm, just me).
                        we're all just guessing here anyway, there'd be no point in an argument
                        sigpic

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

Exactly.
                            I just wish we'd know more about s5, then we could actually discuss some stuff. but I guess it's still a little early
                            sigpic

Comment

My "guesses" weren't assumptions at all... they just made me laugh.
                              sigpic
                              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                              ~David Hewlett

Comment

Joe M's blog as been dry of SGA stuff, but I don't blame him it's the holidays. We will know more after New Year's day.

Anyway hope everyone has a happy and healthy holiday, once they are over a lot is happening...

1.)SGA reruns of Season one and two are taking over the X-files slot @ 5pm starting Jan 2nd

2.) Reairs of Season 4 will be on Friday's @ 2am(For all you insomnia folks. )

and of course..

3.) SGA's Season 4 resumes on Jan 4th with the epic BAMSR!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X