Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season 5 episode tidbits/discussion/speculation (potential spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope they bring in a completely new enemy.

- a human race from a complete other galaxy try to make their living here and they are actually very clever and sophisticated. The theme here is: What if we do it not the nice way.
    - a fishy race with under water action
    - a reptile race (maybe like in "V - the visitors")
    - some race with an empire (like the roman empire) with slaves and all that jazz for some cultural action.

Please not a race with flying people, that would be lame.

Our friends - of course the travelers, the Wraith if we need them and some other races around. Maybe the furlings but that's probably to much for one day.
    Welcome to the zone where normal things don't happen...

...very often

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
      Ok, woah. Is this for real? Did he maybe misspeak - not say what it sounds like he's saying?

From the interview PG15 linked above:

Obviously there are fans that are unhappy with the fact that [Dr.] Beckett was killed off at the end of Season 3 and a lot of Weir fans were unhappy at the fact that Carter is on the show and will not be happy. We’re running through the show to a point where Weir comes back in a full time capacity. Fans of Carter, who maybe liked SG-1 who don’t want her and Stargate Atlantis, and there are fans who resent [Dr.] Keller’s presence as if she were a relationship to Beckett. All that has obviously soured certain fans towards Joe and when certain fans are unhappy they will be very vocal. At the end of the day you write a show that in your mind and in the minds of some of the writers, the best show that tells the best stories and I’ve always said that at the end of the day we could just basically start from scratch at the beginning of every episode.

It's very confusing the way this is worded, so I'm not taking it for granted yet, but....I'd love for it to be true!

Sorry to butt in. I'm not a regular on this thread, but they have been talking about this article on the Pro Weir s4/s5 thread, and I wanted to see what you guys knew about it. Basically, the bolded portion [I]was[I] included in the interview, but has now been removed, because apparently the interviewer misheard one word on the audio file (it was easier to remove the entire section than to alter it). No word on what word was misheard.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
        Ok, woah. Is this for real? Did he maybe misspeak - not say what it sounds like he's saying?

From the interview PG15 linked above:

It's very confusing the way this is worded, so I'm not taking it for granted yet, but....I'd love for it to be true!
        I hope not. I don't mind her coming back for a few eps but not if we loose Carter. Also it wouldn't make sense.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Yeah, that line has since been removed. Sorry guys.

I knew something was up last night; that whole paragraph made very little sense, grammar-wise.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

I knew something was up last night; that whole paragraph made very little sense, grammar-wise.
            Glad I wasn't the only one. I thought I was reading something very wrong.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I clicked on the link and the whole interview is gone now. Fishy and Fishyer

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                Glad I wasn't the only one. I thought I was reading something very wrong.
                I thought it was off...but hey, I never really understand half of what some of the people on SGA say. I think it's the whole being vague that throws me off, thought it was "as per they're usual talk". I've come to terms that something is off and moving on.

Gone should stay gone.

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn View Post
                Allies: Gateworld Forum members.
                Enemies: Evil alternate universe versions of themselves.
                How unfortunate?! I 100% agree with the above and the Allies are still minute in number. They're doomed!!
                Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Hey PG15 it's not your fault. It was certainly worth posting, given that it read like it was a major casting announcement (but actually just the opposite). On the other thread, some1 checked with the interviewer, who said it was easier to remove the entire section, rather than re-write the incorrect piece.

All we can infer from that is that Weir was mentioned, as was the fallout for bringing in Carter and Keller. As to the exact wording, we are now left to speculate
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                    Hey PG15 it's not your fault. It was certainly worth posting, given that it read like it was a major casting announcement (but actually just the opposite). On the other thread, some1 checked with the interviewer, who said it was easier to remove the entire section, rather than re-write the incorrect piece.

All we can infer from that is that Weir was mentioned, as was the fallout for bringing in Carter and Keller. As to the exact wording, we are now left to speculate
                    hopefully Joe will comment on his blog
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

More tidbits from JM:

Thronyrose writes: “Are there any ideas or plans being tossed about about doing an AU episode next season?”

Answer: In fact, such an idea was tossed about in early November, yes.

Thornyrose also writes: “And are we going to see any major changes in the relationship between the Atlantis expidition and Earth? More specifically are we going to see any Earth/US politics affect the mission’s status?”

Answer: Hmmm. Yes. This possibility was also discussed.

Linzi writes: “I was also wondering if Joe F. is going to direct in season 5…”

Answer: There are no plans to have any of the actors direct in season 5.
                      http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ear-no-really/

Comment

PG15, we can't do a AU episode. Were just ripping off SG-1 (ends sarcasim)
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          PG15, we can't do a AU episode. Were just ripping off SG-1 (ends sarcasim)
                          it was just an idea, doesn't mean there's gonna be an ep. but dude did you have to mention it? I can already hear people screaming
                          sigpic

Comment

I know! I mean, it doesn't matter that SG1 totally ripped the AU idea from other places, but for Atlantis, it's just, like, totally a crime punishable by the death penalty!

Comment

I know! I mean, it doesn't matter that SG1 totally ripped the AU idea from other places, but for Atlantis, it's just, like, totally a crime punishable by the death penalty!
                              exactly! if it were a different show nobody would complain but no this is a spin off and thus almost everything is a total rehash
                              sigpic

Comment

I look at it this way. Point?* of View?* is more similiar to There But the Grace of God than Doppleganger is to Cold Lazarus. But Doppleganger and Cold Lazarus will be called a ripoff first. IMO, some fans are too quick to call an episode a ripoff. Almost every Scifi element has already been used.
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X