Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think there will be a season 5 of Stargate Atlantis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
    Ditto!
    Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    Everyone and their Grandma needs to watch "Adrift" on Sept 28th!
    Notice I used the Mitchell icon!

Originally posted by i_adore_atlantis View Post
    Until now, I was pretty sure Sci Fi would renew Atlantis for a 5th season. Right now, I'm not so sure. I've read Robert Cooper interview to see if he talked about Atlantis. No luck, but something got my attention. He talked about how the decline in the ratings for the Monday reruns was the main reason for SG-1's cancellation, and not the ratings for the new episodes.

I have no idea what the ratings for the reruns were, but I've seen many fans talking about how Sci Fi ran some Atlantis marathons and removed them because they did really bad ratings-wise.

I didn't know these reruns were even more important than the new episodes.

If what Robert Cooper says about SG-1 applies to Atlantis as well, a season 5 doesn't look very promising
    I read that interview. I also know that it cost them more to run two shows. Now the franchise will approach Sci-fi for one show. SGA has been getting decent enough ratings. It's funny you bring that up about the monday issue. They are starting to bring back more marathons for August. Also the reairs of Stargate SG-1 have been doing better than some shows like PKJ in some weeks. Also check out this week which had only old eps of SG-1....

ECW 1.7
    Hercules part two 1.4
    The Dresden Files 1.3
    Kaw 1.3
    Earthstorm 1.1
    Hercules part one 1.0
    Stargate SG-1 1.0
    Merlin part one 0.9
    Caved in: Prehistoric Terror 0.9
    Manticore 0.9

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 4/2/07 -- 4/8/07
    sigpic

Comment

That's my concern as well. But I heard that since S4 airs in early fall, that some of the early eps will count in SciFi's desicions as well.
      Well while the ratings were down SGA still kept in the top 5 shows on scifi so since the ratings wernt "painkiller jane" bad I bet they will keep it on at least on more season.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
        Well while the ratings were down SGA still kept in the top 5 shows on scifi so since the ratings wernt "painkiller jane" bad I bet they will keep it on at least on more season.
        Well...here's hoping *crosses fingers*
        click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Well...here's hoping *crosses fingers*
          Not to upset anyone, and I don't know if you are a fan. But PKJ is the show that should be worried about a new season not SGA .

Also if you read that interview, Scifi still seems very interested in keeping a Startgate show going. They got so much success out of it, I do not see how running a 5th season will hurt them but will only help them.

SGA will make it's 4th season world premiere on sept 28th! If the show pulls in good ratings like 2 million + viewers then a season 5 will most likely happen!
          sigpic

Comment

I really really hope that their will be. My only concern is that it will most likely depend on the ratings from season 3. I truly don't think that it will be cancelled.
            I don't think SGA will be canceled after next season either. I at least see it lasting thru Season 5. As others have stated in the past, shows with at least 100 episodes sell better syndication-wise anyways. That, and SGA isn't really doing that bad on Sci-Fi. Really, what do they have that will do much better?
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              I don't think SGA will be canceled after next season either. I at least see it lasting thru Season 5. As others have stated in the past, shows with at least 100 episodes sell better syndication-wise anyways. That, and SGA isn't really doing that bad on Sci-Fi. Really, what do they have that will do much better?
              Uh, hmm... Painkiller Jane (yech), Ghost Hunters (not my cup of tae), Dr. Who (an import but good), bad movies. yeah, not a whole lot...

Comment

There is also Eureka and The Dresden Files, but another scifi show that brings in the numbers won't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                  Uh, hmm... Painkiller Jane (yech), Ghost Hunters (not my cup of tae), Dr. Who (an import but good), bad movies. yeah, not a whole lot...
                  Exactly! So, IMO anyways, if they were to cancel SGA after this season, it would only go to show that Sci-Fi is seriously trying to bring down their own network.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    But PKJ is the show that should be worried about a new season not SGA .<snip>
                    Hah!! If you only knew. I was complaining about PKJ in the other scifi show section, and Shadowmaat tells me that PKJ has already been signed for it's second season.

No, if, ands, or buts. It has S2 already signed and ready to go. Every bloody time I think of that, I need to drink a shot of scotch. Ugh!!
                    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

i believe that there will be a season 5 will episode 100 being 5.20. but i wouldnt mind a 6th season of Atlantis. maybe a 7th but really im going for 6 right now. it would be stupid for atlantis to end now i mean its starting to really get into it's own.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        Exactly! So, IMO anyways, if they were to cancel SGA after this season, it would only go to show that Sci-Fi is seriously trying to bring down their own network.
                        I agree. SciFi would be only hurting itself if it cancelled.

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                        Hah!! If you only knew. I was complaining about PKJ in the other scifi show section, and Shadowmaat tells me that PKJ has already been signed for it's second season.

No, if, ands, or buts. It has S2 already signed and ready to go. Every bloody time I think of that, I need to drink a shot of scotch. Ugh!!
                        Wah???? 0.o If *that* show can get another season, than SGA can too hands down.

(uh...no offense to PKJ fans )

Comment

Well, I thought SG-1 was going to kick the bucket about 3 seasons ago, so I think there's a pretty good chance Atlantis will have a decent run as well. I really don't think Sci-Fi can afford to pull the plug on Atlantis anyway. I mean, what else do they really have going for them except for maybe one or so other shows?

Comment

Originally posted by Reichiru View Post
                            Well, I thought SG-1 was going to kick the bucket about 3 seasons ago, so I think there's a pretty good chance Atlantis will have a decent run as well. I really don't think Sci-Fi can afford to pull the plug on Atlantis anyway. I mean, what else do they really have going for them except for maybe one or so other shows?
                            ITA.

Comment

Originally posted by Reichiru View Post
                              I mean, what else do they really have going for them except for maybe one or so other shows?
                              Not much at all really. I just hope the people in charge over at Sci-Fi still have enough brain cells left to realize that fact.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by i_adore_atlantis View Post
                                Until now, I was pretty sure Sci Fi would renew Atlantis for a 5th season. Right now, I'm not so sure. I've read Robert Cooper interview to see if he talked about Atlantis. No luck, but something got my attention. He talked about how the decline in the ratings for the Monday reruns was the main reason for SG-1's cancellation, and not the ratings for the new episodes.

I have no idea what the ratings for the reruns were, but I've seen many fans talking about how Sci Fi ran some Atlantis marathons and removed them because they did really bad ratings-wise.

I didn't know these reruns were even more important than the new episodes.

If what Robert Cooper says about SG-1 applies to Atlantis as well, a season 5 doesn't look very promising
                                That Atlantis Mondays lasted just one week and went to something I forgot, but they moved either SG-1 back to Monday temporarily or show Jake 2.0. Sorry I don't recall. SG-1 went to Tuesdays 7-10pm before Eureka came on board.

To answer OP post. I highly believe a fifth season will come. Stargate is their staple. Unless they got a new hit series with equal production value (maybe they can greenlit a new B5 show ) I don't see them axing Atlantis yet. Pulling the plugs means they just flushed millions of ads revenue when over 2 million tuned in last Friday to see their premiere franchise. PKJ is a flop, likely to be pulled. Dresden is a decent show, I watched the first few but coulnd't watch PKJ for more than 2 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X