Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think there will be a season 5 of Stargate Atlantis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
    The ratings do appear to be down for skiffy shows overall. However, as I've stated over in the ratings thread, the Stargates and BSG appear to have taken more of a ratings hit. Those three shows used to be at the top of skiffy's Top 10, at least until ECW came along. But now they're consistently displaced by skiffy Saturday movies and minseries and TV show reruns, which are generally cheaper for skiffy to air.

If this overall ratings slide had affected all shows similarly, then the ratings would have been down for everything but the order of the shows would have stayed the same. In other words, the Stargates and BSG should have stayed at the top or second after ECW. Since that's not the case, it points out that those shows have declined more in the ratings than can be explained away by an overall decrease in TV/network viewing.
    Well the first half of both gates this past season were neck and neck with ECW. Some weeks they beat out and hit the top spots and sometimes they were 2nd and 3rd place, which is still good. I still say the long hiatus hurt the gates. BSG had little if any hiatus and there ratings just fell. SG-1/SGA saw a jump back up in the mid-season premiere and the Season/Series finale.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alissa View Post
      In my opinion this has happened because they tried to have original programming all year long and because of this the scifi friday had to die. When they made the decision to put at least Galactica into another timeslot they almost signed the death penalty for all three series. The series supported each other and were not able to live without the other one.
      That was another big thing. They broke up BSG and Stargate. They were feeding off eachother. Now we got PKJ as an anchor.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        That was another big thing. They broke up BSG and Stargate. They were feeding off eachother. Now we got PKJ as an anchor.
        and Painkiller Jane has worse ratings than Stargate ever had, so it is not much of a support.

Comment

An anchor? You mean like the one you tie to someone and toss off a pier to drown 'em?

Comment

Can you say network suicide? What else do they have ECW?
            Eureka, if I remember correctly its ratings were better than both SGA and SG1.
            sigpic
            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
              An anchor? You mean like the one you tie to someone and toss off a pier to drown 'em?
              LOL, ok I can tell the fate of PKJ doesn't look good! LOL!

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
              Eureka, if I remember correctly its ratings were better than both SGA and SG1.
              Because it was brand new, hey I like that show a lot, but it's not gonna have the ratings as last season.
              sigpic

Comment

Before the finale rating I would have said no, now I'm not so sure, if the ratings for the premier and first few episodes are decent, Atlantis might make it.
                Last edited by jenks; 28 June 2007, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoNzA View Post
                  I have no answer to that but IMO it would be great if no one downloaded
                  What, what, this is the only way I will watch s4. LOL.
                  sigpic
                  My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

LOL I mean that it would help the show moore seasons very good
                    sigpic

Comment

It probably won't actually, because Sci Fi don't make any money from DVD sales as I understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        It probably won't actually, because Sci Fi don't make any money from DVD sales as I understand it.
                        If Sci-fi made money on the DVDs we would be talking about a Season 11 right now. Obviously they sell really well!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          Before the finale rating I would have said no, now I'm not so sure, if the ratings for the premier and first few episodes are decent, Atlantis might make it.
                          I think the premiere will pull in good ratings! Remember a lot of SG-1 fans who normally don't watch SGA are going to test out Carter. Question is which episode is she first appearing in?

Well even before the finale ratings they were good for the first half and the Return part 2 got a 1.4, not too bad.

Don't forget the long hiatus and the major box office competition!
                          sigpic

Comment

i don't think there will be a season 5
                            Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                            ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                            Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                              i don't think there will be a season 5
                              sigpic

Comment

I think the premiere will pull in good ratings! Remember a lot of SG-1 fans who normally don't watch SGA are going to test out Carter. Question is which episode is she first appearing in?

Well even before the finale ratings they were good for the first half and the Return part 2 got a 1.4, not too bad.

Don't forget the long hiatus and the major box office competition!
                                The first one

Comment

Working...
                                X