Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think there will be a season 5 of Stargate Atlantis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
    He is talking about the franchise. They could move to movies or the third series and still have Stargate around without an S5.

However, I'm staying optimistic. I'm really interested to see if they advertise SGA this fall the way they've been advertising Eureka this summer.
    Eureka's premiere was not too far off from SGA's season finale both in the 2 million viewers mark! Again long hiatus hurt the show.

And you would think Season 5 of SGA is the best canidate to continue the franchise on Sci-fi!
    sigpic

Comment

I definately think there'll be a Season 5 of Stargate Atlantis.
      Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

He is talking about the franchise. They could move to movies or the third series and still have Stargate around without an S5.

However, I'm staying optimistic. I'm really interested to see if they advertise SGA this fall the way they've been advertising Eureka this summer.
        I hope they do. Lord knows SGA deserves it.
        click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
          Indeed it does. If scifi does not give SGA a 5th season someone is going to get hurt.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
            Indeed it does. If scifi does not give SGA a 5th season someone is going to get hurt.
            The network will get hurt...

Financially
            sigpic

Comment

I would think so.

Most SG1 fans will transfer over.

Battlestar Galactia is filming its last year.

Comment

I think if it doesn't get a S5, we should protest infront of the studio and send them lots of angry letters. If Jericho fans can do it, so can we.
                click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                  The network will get hurt...

Financially
                  Indeed. Without SGA and BSG all they have is crap.

Comment

I think if it doesn't get a S5, we should protest infront of the studio and send them lots of angry letters. If Jericho fans can do it, so can we.
                    Well we tried tissue boxes with SG-1 what else should it be this time? Mabey we send them buckets of toxic waste so they either submit or get radiation poisioning.

Comment

Well we tried tissue boxes with SG-1 what else should it be this time? Mabey we send them buckets of toxic waste so they either submit or get radiation poisioning.
                      *makes note not to piss Mitchell82 off*

I think that one good argument for there being an S5 for Atlantis would be for that elusive 100th episode. Also, something about...uh...syndicate needing five seasons to show or some such?

*is clueless about the complex workings of the American TV production companies and stations*

*just dreamin' and wishin' and hopin' and prayin'*

Sel.

Comment

You're right.

Originally posted by seldear View Post

I think that one good argument for there being an S5 for Atlantis would be for that elusive 100th episode. Also, something about...uh...syndicate needing five seasons to show or some such?

*is clueless about the complex workings of the American TV production companies and stations*

Sel.
                        First, SGA is already in syndication in the US. That's why you still have to keep S3 in spoilers. Second, other shows (Farscape) are sold without 5 seasons so it can be done.

One reason I think we'll get a season 5 is the fact that SG-1 ended this year and BSG is ending next year. To lose BSG and SGA at the same time would be a big blow unless one of their new shows becomes a break-out hit.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Luciana
                        My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

You're right.

First, SGA is already in syndication in the US. That's why you still have to keep S3 in spoilers. Second, other shows (Farscape) are sold without 5 seasons so it can be done.

One reason I think we'll get a season 5 is the fact that SG-1 ended this year and BSG is ending next year. To lose BSG and SGA at the same time would be a big blow unless one of their new shows becomes a break-out hit.

LOL, PKJ is the future of Sci-fi! Dr. Who has a limited fan base, Ghost Hunters are getting ratings slightly below SGA was, and well the only show besides SGA that pulls in good ratings is Eureka. I do not see any new shows really taking off right now.

They need to stick with the current franchises, meaning a 5th season of SGA, bring back Farscape after those webisodes, and well pick up SGU.

Anyway, you make a good point. With SG-1 and BSG gone, what show will carry in the 2nd half of 2008? Eureka cannot be on all the time. ECW has already been slipping in ratings. Soooooo....
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            [/b]

LOL, PKJ is the future of Sci-fi! Dr. Who has a limited fan base, Ghost Hunters are getting ratings slightly below SGA was, and well the only show besides SGA that pulls in good ratings is Eureka. I do not see any new shows really taking off right now.

They need to stick with the current franchises, meaning a 5th season of SGA, bring back Farscape after those webisodes, and well pick up SGU.

Anyway, you make a good point. With SG-1 and BSG gone, what show will carry in the 2nd half of 2008? Eureka cannot be on all the time. ECW has already been slipping in ratings. Soooooo....
                            I was referring to the new shows they've been advertising as coming this fall (Flash Gordon, Tin Man, etc). Although I'll say I don't see any of them as being break-out hits, but I've been known to be wrong.

I don't think they will bring back Farscape, at least in the form we knew it.

I think with solid writing and good promotion that S5 will happen.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Luciana
                            My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

I was referring to the new shows they've been advertising as coming this fall (Flash Gordon, Tin Man, etc). Although I'll say I don't see any of them as being break-out hits, but I've been known to be wrong.

I don't think they will bring back Farscape, at least in the form we knew it.

I think with solid writing and good promotion that S5 will happen.
                              I am going out on a limb here by saying, its a fact that the odds of a Season 5 are for it rather than against it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by seldear View Post

Don't worry I'm nice I swear!
                                That is a good point though I think it is four seasons.

Sel.
                                We all are my friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X