Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think there will be a season 5 of Stargate Atlantis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    sorry, (((hugs)) i just don't think there will be

i would say why but i have enough red already lol, plus everyone knows anyways

you're a good egg Briangate78 (((((hugs))))))
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
      The first one
      *in a Borat voice*

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!

Originally posted by parisindy View Post

Aww thanks, no its cool. I just really want to see more seasons. If SGA ends we will have no more SG on Sci-fi anymore.
      sigpic

Comment

Aww thanks, no its cool. I just really want to see more seasons. If SGA ends we will have no more SG on Sci-fi anymore.
        lol i don't get that channel anyways

i want to see more seasons to...just not in its current state... oh well
        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
        ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
        Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

No doubt there will be a season 5. Stargate will pwn too much for there not to be.

Comment

<snip>They broke up BSG and Stargate. They were feeding off eachother. Now we got PKJ as an anchor.
            No, BSG and Stargate were not feeding off of each other. If they went back to scifi fridays, I think it would be a great move. But if we see the break in the two shows on separate days and the overall success of Stargate compared to the less than stellar performance of BSG, we know that Stargat is a show that could stand on it's own. Of course we can take into account the fact that BSG aired on Sundays which aren't really good days.<---You can't pull me away from Vincent Dinafrio on L&O: CI and I watch the 3-5 hour reruns on USA before the show, so I won't watch BSG. So it's showing date was dangerous, but its popularity had it's limits obviously due to it's rating plumit. But then I have friends who are BSG loyals and they just felt that the writers shot themselves in the foot and lost a massive following that way. I could believe it.

AS for PKJ---an anchor for what? It's the crappiest show in existence. If sciffy wanted to make Snakes on a Plane (it's so bad I can't remember the title too well) a tv show, that would be more successful than PKJ.

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
            Eureka, if I remember correctly its ratings were better than both SGA and SG1.
            Some have said it was because it was new. I think that's one aspect that's very small. Yes it was new, but Eureka was ridiculously promoted. It just was not bloody funny how much money must have been spent on the promotion of Eureka. They would give like 30 commercials in a day---added to that they would mention the website and then you'd have the commercials ie PODCASTS on scifi.com. It was just damn well out of control. I could just imagine the ratings jump if SGA got that promotion with th added PODCASTS. They'd probbly pull in ratings above 2.0. I don't even remember Dresden Files or PKJ having the amount of attention to advertisement that Eureka has, even though I will say Dresden had it's fair share.

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
            No doubt there will be a season 5. Stargate will pwn too much for there not to be.
            ITA. I'm with AD!!!
            Last edited by vaberella; 28 June 2007, 04:51 PM.
            Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
              AS for PKJ---an anchor for what? It's the crappiest show in existence. If sciffy wanted to make Snakes on a Plane (it's so bad I can't remember the title too well) a tv show, that would be more successful than PKJ.
              I think he means it is an anchor because it falls to the bottom, not as in the anchor leg of a race.

Edit: Sorry prion, I didn't look back a page to your post or I would have just quoted it.
              Last edited by Redhooks; 28 June 2007, 05:06 PM.
              Spoiler:
              sigpic

Comment

I believe it will depend alot on how season four pans out. I'm at a wait and see attitude right now. There are some extremely big changes coming to the series which will show if TPTB have made the right choses or not. In my case, they are lucky that I decide to give the new season a try because I don't really feel happy about some of the changes.
                "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                Individuality is freedom lived.
                'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
                  I think he means it is an anchor because it falls to the bottom, not as in the anchor leg of a race.

Edit: Sorry prion, I didn't look back a page to your post or I would have just quoted it.
                  Ah, thanks Prion/Red. I've seen anchor used as a good thing, not a bad.
                  Click statement above to read article.

Comment

No doubt there won't be a season 5, season 4 will be so bad that they'll cancel the whole thing after the first 4 episodes shown.
                    Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                    at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Oh god I hope so!

But given the good ratings for the Finale, the fact that I will ASSUME that Sci Fi are not silly enough to think that the long hiatus had nothing to do with it, and the fact that 5 years is a better deal for syndication AND that ratings are down for everything so Stargate was still in their top 10 each week, and they cant run a Science Fiction channel with Wrestling alone - I think we will get a Season 5. Season 6 will rest entirely on its own ability.
                      : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
                      : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

I think the final of Atlantis is great.It gives a good direction to S4.I believe the rating of S4 will be much better.
                        Last edited by lpcallen; 29 June 2007, 08:07 PM.
                        I love John Sheppard
                        welcome to Chinese stargate forum
                        http://bbs.sger.net/index.php
                        sigpic

Comment

I see no reason not to be a 5th season. Even if they consider only the 3th season ratings, which i can't see why would they do that. The ratings are good, and will hopefull be better for next season, and let me add more realistical, meaning fans of the show more than actors excorts, which is nice for the future and give them freedom to develop the show.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input! I appreciate it! Now we have to sit back and wait to see the fate of Atlantis. Will it sink? or rise to the skies? Um no pun intended.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post

I agree with you and for the same reasons. Atlantis will not survive the curse of Carter...she who sucks the life out of every scene. I don't give a toss, red is my favourite colour.

I have a really cute little red dress that I adore!
                              sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

It's very hard to say at this point. I think the show is good enough to deserve a Season 5, but it's all about ratings. SciFi gets its money from advertisers. Ratings determine ad pricing and desirability. That's also why only US ratings are considered and iPod downloads and DVD sales are ignored. It's cost/benefit. If the show doesn't have a good enough margin (cost to produce versus advertising dollars) it's a goner.

If it's promoted well and draws casual viewers, it should do fine and be renewed. If not....

New viewers are not going to be affected by the cast changes. They won't know the difference. The hard part will be getting new viewers to understand what's going on since they don't have SG-1 and 3 seasons of background.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Luciana
                                My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Working...
                                X