Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think there will be a season 5 of Stargate Atlantis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fact that Sci FI decided to push back its decision to renew after some of S4 airs (previously it was dependent on the back half of S3 and originally would have been announced by now), makes the odds better IMO.

sigpic
    www.savecarsonbeckett.com
    Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
      The fact that Sci FI decided to push back its decision to renew after some of S4 airs (previously it was dependent on the back half of S3 and originally would have been announced by now), makes the odds better IMO.
      If they attract 2 million plus viewers for the season premiere we should be going into a 5th season with no problem! That would be like a 1.5 to 1.7 rating.
      sigpic

Comment

Bump!
        sigpic

Comment

I sure hope so that there will be a season 5
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
            Agreed. I really think that there is a great chance we will get it.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
              i think the main thing is, they didn't promote SG this season at all.
              Promotion has a lot to do with people tuning in.

Also, S2 was assisted by the fact that Scifi was showing SG1, SGA, and BSG in a block on a set night and advertising it as such.

People were watching all three in a row, quite happily enjoying their 'scifi friday'.

Then, when they split the Stargates from BSG, the numbers viewing began to go down - even BSG couldn't garner the same degree of ratings it had enjoyed in the sci-fi friday block.

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
              (Well 200 was promoted like crazy TRW just piggiebacked on that).
              Maybe I haven't been looking around enough, but you're the first person I've seen to actually say this out loud. Thank you for that.

I sincerely hope we get another season. Now that the writers can concentrate on SGA without having to split between SG1 and SGA, I'm looking forward to greater development of characters that haven't otherwise had much time or effort put into them.

Sel.

Comment

Originally posted by seldear View Post

Also, S2 was assisted by the fact that Scifi was showing SG1, SGA, and BSG in a block on a set night and advertising it as such.

People were watching all three in a row, quite happily enjoying their 'scifi friday'.

Then, when they split the Stargates from BSG, the numbers viewing began to go down - even BSG couldn't garner the same degree of ratings it had enjoyed in the sci-fi friday block.

Maybe I haven't been looking around enough, but you're the first person I've seen to actually say this out loud. Thank you for that.

I sincerely hope we get another season. Now that the writers can concentrate on SGA without having to split between SG1 and SGA, I'm looking forward to greater development of characters that haven't otherwise had much time or effort put into them.

Sel.
                That's a good point about the promotion. They don't promote the Stargates like they do with their other shows, yet the gates still pull in good ratings. So, if they spend less money on ads for Stargate, Especially Atlantis, that has to be another pro factor for a 5th season renewal.

Oh btw, heard they are announcing the decision like around next week on the Dresden Files, so that can be another factor to what direction sci-fi is going into.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by seldear View Post

Exactly. Promotion has alot to do with bringing in ratings especially from casual viewers. They made a hug mistake butchering the friday lineup, but thankfully the gates still pull in good ratings.

Maybe I haven't been looking around enough, but you're the first person I've seen to actually say this out loud. Thank you for that I sincerely hope we get another season. Now that the writers can concentrate on SGA without having to split between SG1 and SGA, I'm looking forward to greater development of characters that haven't otherwise had much time or effort put into them.

Sel.
                  I said that awhile back but most didn't listen. I too hope we have another season and with the cheaper production costs as well as BSG being gone we have a good shot.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post

I said that awhile back but most didn't listen. I too hope we have another season and with the cheaper production costs as well as BSG being gone we have a good shot.

Tried to give you green for that quote but alreay did! I agree with the ratings still decent enough, cost production is down for Scifi, and well with no BSG or SG-1, what else does the network have? Ghost Hunters? PKJ? Dr. Who? These shows are not pulling the weight like SGA has been doing. Eureka is doing well, and I am glad like that show.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                      Exactly. Promotion has alot to do with bringing in ratings especially from casual viewers. They made a hug mistake butchering the friday lineup, but thankfully the gates still pull in good ratings.

ITA to all the above. SGA gets barely any promotion. If they actually put some effort into bringing veiwers in, they might get a ratings boost. The concept of advertising the Gates seems to be beyond Sciffy's comprehension.

Maybe when BSG's over they'll dedicate more moolah into promoting SGA.
                      click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Have you seen this? Check out the last question.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Luciana
                        My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                            Have you seen this? Check out the last question.
                            Ha! Our theories are probably correct! *dances*

click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              Interesting...
                              Looks like those odds just went up, huh?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                                Looks like those odds just went up, huh?
                                He is talking about the franchise. They could move to movies or the third series and still have Stargate around without an S5.

However, I'm staying optimistic. I'm really interested to see if they advertise SGA this fall the way they've been advertising Eureka this summer.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Luciana
                                My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Working...
                                X