X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess it's official:

"Galactica" Last Season Official

So, what do you all think that says about Atlantis's chances?
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

I am really looking foreward to s4 and i hope it will continue for many more seasons.

Comment

It could go either way; although there is now no chance of reestablishing SciFi-Friday now that 2/3 of its shows are dead, there is a chance that SciFi would hold onto Atlantis as it's one of the only decent shows still alive on the channel.

I mean, what other "original programming" do they have? Dresden Files? Painkiller Jane? Eureka? All of them took a dive in ratings and only Eureka could beat Atlantis in that respect, although that could change when it comes back this summer.

Comment

As a BSG viewer, I'm obviously disappointed by the news. As a SGA fan, I'm not sure. Good science fiction shows are dropping like flies, though.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
            It could go either way; although there is now no chance of reestablishing SciFi-Friday now that 2/3 of its shows are dead, there is a chance that SciFi would hold onto Atlantis as it's one of the only decent shows still alive on the channel.

I mean, what other "original programming" do they have? Dresden Files? Painkiller Jane? Eureka? All of them took a dive in ratings and only Eureka could beat Atlantis in that respect, although that could change when it comes back this summer.
            I hope so. There other programming hasnt been great and SGA is still their best hope, as well as the third series. It could go either way at this point but I hope it continues for many more seasons.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
              I guess it's official:

Videos:

IESB.net
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                I guess it's official:

So, what do you all think that says about Atlantis's chances?
                Well, it could affect Atlantis one of two ways:

-If BSG ends next season then Atlantis has more of a chance of being renewed because otherwise skiffy has no real powerhouse shows. SG1 is over, BSG will be over, so they'll keep Atlantis around for s5 as long as the ratings don't totally stink.

OR

-The circumstances of BSG's ending are not yet known. It could be that ratings weren't that great in 3.5 and that caused skiffy to give TPTB 20 eps to end the series. Atlantis is getting the same ratings as BSG, and it makes the network less money overall. Going on the numbers, it could be that s4 will be Atlantis's last as well.

All speculation though - it's way too early to say anything for certain.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                  Well, it could affect Atlantis one of two ways:

-If BSG ends next season then Atlantis has more of a chance of being renewed because otherwise skiffy has no real powerhouse shows. SG1 is over, BSG will be over, so they'll keep Atlantis around for s5 as long as the ratings don't totally stink.

OR

-The circumstances of BSG's ending are not yet known. It could be that ratings weren't that great in 3.5 and that caused skiffy to give TPTB 20 eps to end the series. Atlantis is getting the same ratings as BSG, and it makes the network less money overall. Going on the numbers, it could be that s4 will be Atlantis's last as well.

All speculation though - it's way too early to say anything for certain.
                  Well I hope that scenario one is what plays out but it's definatly a possibility that scenario 2 is the end result. I hope that the ratings are good enough to keep SGA on but with the ratings being the same..only time will tell, however if both end they have no powerhouse series so my guess is they will give SGA one more season and see if the ratings improve.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                    With the news about the less than spectacular ratings for season 3's Return part 2 many of us are wondering about season 5. This is a place to discuss if we think it will be a reality or not. Personally I don't think the ratings are bad enough not to and so far neither does JM. I am thinking the less than spectacular return is do to the long wait and people not realizing it was on. Personally I hope it lasts many more seasons.
                    I hate to say it, but the cancellation of SG1 might actually improve SGA's ratings. A lot of people who only watch SG1 now might start watching Atlantis then.

Comment

Originally posted by Liam Kincaid View Post
                      I hate to say it, but the cancellation of SG1 might actually improve SGA's ratings. A lot of people who only watch SG1 now might start watching Atlantis then.
                      If that happens then at least something good will come of SG-1's cancellation, though I'd still prefer to have the head of scifi in the Wriath torture chamber from CG.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnzy View Post
                        long live stargate atlantis. when sg1 finishes in the u.s. the ratings might improve, you never know
                        yeah i agree with there possibly being a season 5 i would love it, but don't count on the US ratings , you'd be surprised at the shows the US has cancelled ? Enterprise , Firefly?
                        sigpic
                        May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Personally I would like to think that Sci Fi realises that they have their own role to play in SGA's rating slide. The delay made it easily available online, and many people are far too impatient. Then once they have watched it on download, they dont need to remember to watch it on TV. The proliferation of the backhalf of Season 3 online prior to the ratings-recorded showing has to play a part in the decision making - well, you would think. When Sci Fi has first run of Season 4 again, the ratings will be back where they are supposed to be, because those who record it to put it online, have to get it from Sci Fi.

First run should Always be where the ratings play a part - always. Otherwise these days, its far too late.
                          : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
                          : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

Originally posted by SG13-NightOps View Post
                            Personally I would like to think that Sci Fi realises that they have their own role to play in SGA's rating slide. The delay made it easily available online, and many people are far too impatient. Then once they have watched it on download, they dont need to remember to watch it on TV. The proliferation of the backhalf of Season 3 online prior to the ratings-recorded showing has to play a part in the decision making - well, you would think. When Sci Fi has first run of Season 4 again, the ratings will be back where they are supposed to be, because those who record it to put it online, have to get it from Sci Fi.

First run should Always be where the ratings play a part - always. Otherwise these days, its far too late.
                            I agree that scifi did screw themselves but the downloading itself isnt the sole problem. The wait combined with lack of advertising hurt it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                              I agree that scifi did screw themselves but the downloading itself isnt the sole problem. The wait combined with lack of advertising hurt it as well.
                              The delay caused the proliferation problem. I am in Australia, so my viewing means nothing at all. Despite the fact that I never miss the reruns on our version of skiffy - and I keep my eyes open with matchsticks to watch the first runs at god awful hours at night, it wont make a sniff of difference. Initially, those uploads were targeted at people like me - too far away to make a difference, and have to wait an extra year to see it - and so it meant nothing in the grand ratings scheme. This is proliferation - but not a problem. The first time that they allow it to go to air out of the US first, it shows an actual decline - and enter the problem with online downloads.

Now everything about this noticeable decline is Sci Fi's fault - by virtue of the massive (and utterly absurd) mid season delay. I cant speak on Lack of Advertising as I am outside the range of US Sci Fi, but simply put - they can't honestly believe after making a massive change in the scheduling that they have nothing to do with the sudden ratings dip.

I simply hope they realise this too and don't cancel SGA because of it.
                              : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
                              : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

SGA is probably dead after season 4.

Comment

Working...
                                X