This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
    Okay, WAY too early to try and predict a s5...

Though I will be surprised if ratings rise substantially over the course of 3.5. Most likely things will stay as is or worse, drop. And no, I don't think the ratings will be affected by the first airing on Canada as Joe M likes to imply. The majority of average viewers have no idea that the season has already finished there - only "hardcore" fans download the show early and they're such a small percentage they have virtually no impact on the Nielsens.

It's going to come down to the long break, whether viewers are still interested in the show, and Friday night competition on other networks.
    I don't think it's too early concidering the lackluster start of the second half. I doubt the ratings will drop and I agree that the people who downloded hurt the ratings too much it is the long wait that did it. Personally I see the ratings either rising or staying the same either way I don't see us not getting a fifth season.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I hope the Stargate : Worlds game will be published around 2008 February or March, so the new season 5 and the first season of SG:U will have more connection with the game. They wrote earlier there will be weekly or monthly minor updates, so every new planets from the new episodes will be playable in the game too. Brad Wright also said that some events from the game will appear in the shows too. I know he gave that interview, when season 11 was planned, but I think the game-TV show connection can be adavantageous. SG:W can get new viewers to the SG shows, so the ratings will be bigger, so the future of SG franchise won't be in danger.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

[QUOTE=maxbo;6584034]
        Sad, but true - Skiffy is pretty stupid, which is why it's not a sure thing that they'll give SGA a 5th season. After SG-1's cancellation I checked out their lineup and didn't see anything that could generate a fraction of the long-term interest that the 10 year SG-1 achieved.
        Yeah exactly. They truly have no idea what makes for good tv. Have you seen Painkiller Jane? Eck.

I agree. The best hope for a 5th season of SGA is Skiffy's ego. I would be surprised if they didn't want the bragging rights to having 100 SGA episodes. It's too bad that we can't count on Skiffy to use sound business judgement and greenlight Season 5 because the Stargate franchise has a loyal, long-term fan base that no other show in their lineup can match, at this point. I know that Eureka is one of their babies, but with the recent ratings dive of BSG, they should now realize that early success (and extensive advertising) is no guarantee that a show will have legs - especially when they insist on mucking around with the scheduling.
        No kidding. Hopefully though with the recent ratings they'll realize they alientated fans and keep not SGA on the air for awhile and not frak sga up.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          I hope the Stargate : Worlds game will be published around 2008 February or March, so the new season 5 and the first season of SG:U will have more connection with the game. They wrote earlier there will be weekly or monthly minor updates, so every new planets from the new episodes will be playable in the game too. Brad Wright also said that some events from the game will appear in the shows too. I know he gave that interview, when season 11 was planned, but I think the game-TV show connection can be adavantageous. SG:W can get new viewers to the SG shows, so the ratings will be bigger, so the future of SG franchise won't be in danger.
          Regardless of when Stargate Worlds comes out since the SG franchise (not counting the movies) has strong support from MGM I doubt SGA or the franchise is general is in danger.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
            Regardless of when Stargate Worlds comes out since the SG franchise (not counting the movies) has strong support from MGM I doubt SGA or the franchise is general is in danger.
            I like that you are so sure, but I am not. I fear the next ratings will be only around 1,3. The autumn will be more harder without SG-1. They should air with BSG again.

The Pro-season5 thread was a good idea, but the two thread should be merged into one.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              I like that you are so sure, but I am not. I fear the next ratings will be only around 1,3. The autumn will be more harder without SG-1. They should air with BSG again.

The Pro-season5 thread was a good idea, but the two thread should be merged into one.
              I hope you're wrong. I hopr the ratings remain steady for the rest of season 3 and for season 4 so we can get a fifth year. JM is pretty hopefull too so I'm not worrried...yet.

Comment

Well I'm all for season 5, even though 4 hasn't aired yet. But from the sounds of it S4 looks to be pretty good, so I'm optimisic about the new season. From what I understand SGA 11th episode did just about what the 1st half of S3 did in ratings. That is good, and if they can keep that (I hope increase) for next season I doubt SciFi will cancel the show. I know some have already stated that they want the 100th ep at least, and I think I have to agree on that. It would take something of a complete downfall for the show next season for them to cancel it, say around 1.0 in rating perhaps or there about. Well I'm hoping for 2.0 next season, but that's probably wishfull thinking...at least 1.6 would be good and enough to go into a S5.

Comment

As long as promotion isn't shafted as it has been, it should do better.

Comment

Originally posted by saberhagen83 View Post
                    Well I'm all for season 5, even though 4 hasn't aired yet. But from the sounds of it S4 looks to be pretty good, so I'm optimisic about the new season. From what I understand SGA 11th episode did just about what the 1st half of S3 did in ratings. That is good, and if they can keep that (I hope increase) for next season I doubt SciFi will cancel the show. I know some have already stated that they want the 100th ep at least, and I think I have to agree on that. It would take something of a complete downfall for the show next season for them to cancel it, say around 1.0 in rating perhaps or there about. Well I'm hoping for 2.0 next season, but that's probably wishfull thinking...at least 1.6 would be good and enough to go into a S5.
                    Personally I think the current ratings will be good enough to get a season 5, since all of it's prgramming is taking a ratings hit. I really want a season 5 so I really hope it happens though it may not. Hopefully scifi can figure out that all of this (the ratings drop) is their bloody fault and they pretty much shot themselves in the foot on this one.

Comment

They still won't admit their mistakes to the fan base. It would result in bad PR for the executives.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                        They still won't admit their mistakes to the fan base. It would result in bad PR for the executives.
                        Of course it would though we know that scifi never makes mistakes anyway.

Comment

Personally I think the current ratings will be good enough to get a season 5, since all of it's prgramming is taking a ratings hit. I really want a season 5 so I really hope it happens though it may not. Hopefully scifi can figure out that all of this (the ratings drop) is their bloody fault and they pretty much shot themselves in the foot on this one.
                          I'm with you on this one. There is no doubt in my mind that there will be an S5, and I will be surprised if there isn't. I think SGA has a lot to offer, and compared to SCI-FI's other shows (which I can't even stomach) and let me talk about the amount of crappy Dragon movies they keep giving (they almost made me hate dragons---and I adore dragons).

SGA probably next to Eureka will be their best seasoned shows (of course this is my own preferences ). So I think they'll pull a S5.
                          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

I think Eureka is coming back in July, so it wouldn't be placed with anything related to Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                              I'm with you on this one. There is no doubt in my mind that there will be an S5, and I will be surprised if there isn't. I think SGA has a lot to offer, and compared to SCI-FI's other shows (which I can't even stomach) and let me talk about the amount of crappy Dragon movies they keep giving (they almost made me hate dragons---and I adore dragons).

SGA probably next to Eureka will be their best seasoned shows (of course this is my own preferences ). So I think they'll pull a S5.
                              Agreed. You know it's funny how they can't come up with better shows and movies. They even show crappy old movies. For gods sake I know they are some great scifi and scarry movies out there.

Comment

Agreed. You know it's funny how they can't come up with better shows and movies. They even show crappy old movies. For gods sake I know they are some great scifi and scarry movies out there.
                                I wonder how much are they actually trying to tick us all off.

Comment

Working...
                                X