This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
    I think it's been canned with the lack of support to BSG by fans. BSG has become nothing but a sex filled violent fest.
    Same can be said about other shows as well. The O.C. is one example. I used to watch it when I was younger, but eventually got sick of it.

As long as good, quality promotion of the show is accomplished, as well as print advertising and other methods, Atlantis can continue to succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
      I don't think there is any chance it will make it to a season five. I really think four will struggle then sink without a trace. So many people are really unhappy with all of the changes and like myself have given up on the show. With the addition of the dreaded 'C' word for next season Atlantis is doomed, imo.
      Well I respect your opinion but disagree. I don't think season 4 will struggle as much as you think and I think that while alot are unhappy most will give season 4 a chance. IMO it has great potential to reach season 5 or beyond.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Well I respect your opinion but disagree. I don't think season 4 will struggle as much as you think and I think that while alot are unhappy most will give season 4 a chance. IMO it has great potential to reach season 5 or beyond.
        Including now more character-centric episodes, the new season should go much better than others in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
          Including now more character-centric episodes, the new season should go much better than others in the past.
          Well the first three seasons have been very good IMO and this seems to indicate that the show will be getting even better.

Comment

I think there will be a Season 5 for a few reasons.

One is that the SciFi channel will want bragging rights for SGA's 100th episode. Two I think that they have been making some pretty bad decisions lately regarding programming and kind of counting their chickens before they're hatched. I think they'll almost need to keep SGA on the air for a 5th season if only to seem kinda relevant and be taken seriously in any way as a sci fi network.

Three...I think the changes I'm seeing happening are exciting...and no, I don't just mean the fact that my favorite character will be moved into a new and exciting role. I'm seeing them planning on taking more chances with the characters and storylines and delve further into backstories and such. Each character will get more focus and I think there's a lot of potential with the new mix and chemistry that will form as a result of the changes.

I think it's possible that the changes will translate into better ratings but a lot is dependent on the SciFi network...and that makes me nervous. I mean it could be gold and still not be renewed because of other factors. So again I'm hoping that greed and the need to seem like a legitimate network will factor in and make them choose to renew for a fifth season.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

What could certainly make Season 5 a must-want for fans would be a return of Beckett full-time.

Comment

[QUOTE]
                Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                I think there will be a Season 5 for a few reasons.

One is that the SciFi channel will want bragging rights for SGA's 100th episode. Two I think that they have been making some pretty bad decisions lately regarding programming and kind of counting their chickens before they're hatched. I think they'll almost need to keep SGA on the air for a 5th season if only to seem kinda relevant and be taken seriously in any way as a sci fi network.
                Agreed. They will want bragging rights plus syndication rights, also the orriginal programming other than the SG shows suck.
                Three...I think the changes I'm seeing happening are exciting...and no, I don't just mean the fact that my favorite character will be moved into a new and exciting role. I'm seeing them planning on taking more chances with the characters and storylines and delve further into backstories and such. Each character will get more focus and I think there's a lot of potential with the new mix and chemistry that will form as a result of the changes.
                Agreed. Mixing it up abit could be very interesting.
                I think it's possible that the changes will translate into better ratings but a lot is dependent on the SciFi network...and that makes me nervous. I mean it could be gold and still not be renewed because of other factors. So again I'm hoping that greed and the need to seem like a legitimate network will factor in and make them choose to renew for a fifth season.
                The only thing I see endangering it is MGM asking for a lot of money which I don't see. The only other thing I see is that I don't get how ratings will play a part here with the year round programming and the entire season being filmed by air date they will almost likely have to make a decision before then.

Comment

What could certainly make Season 5 a must-want for fans would be a return of Beckett full-time.
                  Indeed.

Comment

Indeed.
                    Yes, very much indeed. It may be in the realm of possibility now.

Comment

Yes, very much indeed. It may be in the realm of possibility now.
                      I hope so.

Comment

I hope so.
                        What I would like to know, is if they would change the opening credits to be a little more like how it was in Season 1.

Comment

The 100 episode mark is definitely a big factor in our favour. To claim to have two series of the same franchise with that episode mark is something SCI-FI would definitely like to have.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                            The 100 episode mark is definitely a big factor in our favour. To claim to have two series of the same franchise with that episode mark is something SCI-FI would definitely like to have.
                            Agreed. They seem to love records.

Comment

Agreed. They seem to love records.
                              If the record brings more attention to the SCIFI channel, then they would certainly welcome it.

Comment

If the record brings more attention to the SCIFI channel, then they would certainly welcome it.
                                Yeah but IMO I want anything related to SG away from scifi, but that could be just as bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X