This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(I'll remove the edit from my last post and put it here

She did stun him once the Wraith were gone and John was confident that his friends were on their way. He felt safe, as if he had earned her trust after working together, but of course, she betrayed him.
    At the point his Kirk-esque weakness was used against him, he thought they weren't in any danger.... but of course, isn't the universe ALWAYS in danger?

I'm pretty sure he's smart enough to deal with impending doom before romance. :\

Comment

Originally posted by nekoi View Post
      (I'll remove the edit from my last post and put it here

She did stun him once the Wraith were gone and John was confident that his friends were on their way. He felt safe, as if he had earned her trust after working together, but of course, she betrayed him.
      At the point his Kirk-esque weakness was used against him, he thought they weren't in any danger.... but of course, isn't the universe ALWAYS in danger?

I'm pretty sure he's smart enough to deal with impending doom before romance. :\
      My points is that all of his "thoughts" were unfounded and that he acted without reason or thought.

There was no way for him to know that his friends were coming. He just assumed they'd get there first (a false assumption) and that it would matter. After all, what would the Atlantis guys do with their jumpers? Threaten to blow the ship up with John on it unless ownership was transfered?

He also had no way of knowing the Wraith wouldn't be lurking behind a corner, poised for attack. He didn't, after all, wait more than 30 seconds after the Wraith got out of sight before behind down to cop a feel followed by staring at her hotness and then making out with her. Had the Wraith even been slow on the walking away, they'd both have been fed on in a heartbeat.

Also, this was the woman who had confirmed she had no qualms about killing her own people for her own nefarious purposes (the exposing of them to deadly radiation for instance) and who had tortured him repeatedly, yet he decided it'd be a good idea to make out with her because she was making "Come Hither"-eyes at him?

Yah, no redeeming points here.

Comment

jeez if you dont like it watch a different show ffs. all your threads are complaining about something to do with shepard., so why keep watching and spamming the forums with rediculous threads about the same issue
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KiLL3r View Post
          jeez if you dont like it watch a different show ffs. all your threads are complaining about something to do with shepard., so why keep watching and spamming the forums with rediculous threads about the same issue
          I've made three threads in my entire life where the theme is complaining about John Sheppard. All three happened to spring out of the same episode.

I take it you're a heterosexual male and therefore very much appreciate John Sheppard showing off his Kirkness by yet again get some Space Tail (to the detriment of the expedition). I assure you that a lot of women (and non heterosexual men) do not appreciate said plotlines and misuse of women.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
            To start with, I have no problem with promiscuous people.
            Obviously you DO - why else would you type this rant?

However, when their promiscuity is endaring themselves, others, they are in denial about it (that they are promiscuous) or whatever, I will use the term "Slut". Secondly, just because this colonel happens to be male doesn't mean he's any less of a slut (no, the word "Player" does not exist in my vocabulary).
            Good grief.

[Takes a deep breath...]

You're for McShep, but you have problems with Sheppard romancing women?

Pardon me, but I think your bias is showing.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
              It's nice how you omitted the rest of that sentence.

Yes, because obviously everyone who's for a certain pairing can't possibly be unbiased when it comes to discussing pairings.

I don't care if John's portrayed as a heterosexual on the show. I've got a problem with how that's done, however. I would be complaining just the same if the one Kirking were Ronon or Lorne. I would be complaining just the same if said character was a woman, as well.

Some of us can actually think objectively.

Comment

I've made three threads in my entire life where the theme is complaining about John Sheppard. All three happened to spring out of the same episode.

I take it you're a heterosexual male and therefore very much appreciate John Sheppard showing off his Kirkness by yet again get some Space Tail (to the detriment of the expedition). I assure you that a lot of women (and non heterosexual men) do not appreciate said plotlines and misuse of women.
                what does sexual preference have to do with any of it? SO your proud of being gay good for you, doesnt mean your opinion is better than everyone elses and the show should be altered for people like you
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KiLL3r View Post
                  what does sexual preference have to do with any of it? SO your proud of being gay good for you, doesnt mean your opinion is better than everyone elses and the show should be altered for people like you
                  I'm merely pointing out how while a lot of heterosexual men liked episodes such as "Sanctuary", "Irresistible" and "Travelers", a lot of women and gay men hated them for the exact same reasons.

You fact that you are a healthy heterosexual male who appreciates it when such a character gets intergalactic tail might make you biased when women and gay men who aren't themselves heterosexual males who wished the same thing would happen to them consider the exact same thing to be detrimental to the plot, show and women in general.

Comment

Good grief.

[Takes a deep breath...]

Morjana
                    Yeah, I agree.

Fallen, you seriously have some issues, sweetie.
                    sigpic

Comment

Some of us can actually think objectively.
                      LOL!

Now...that WAS funny.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

LOL!

Now...that WAS funny.

Morjana
                        It was!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                          It was!
                          We should nominate this thread for a comedy award in rant writing, Linzi.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Morjana
                            Good idea. I really do find threads such as these entertaining! They're hysterical!
                            sigpic

Comment

Morjana
                              You've got my vote.

Comment

UM ...I'm a woman and don't have any problem with the plotlines and don't see any misuse of women.

And I don't see Sheppard doing anything to the detriment of the expedition... she kissed him once so stop throwing in things that never happened...

So big deal, he allowed her to kiss him for a few seconds... I wonder how many guys wouldn't have done the same thing... and he had just saved her life twice so not a huge presumption to expect they had established a bit of trust between them.... and I guess in the long run they did.. or she wouldn't have let him go.

Your arguments are totally baseless and without any foundation... men and women can actually be attracted to each other without it jeopardising the whole galaxy.... it doesn't have to spell doom and gloom because two people have some sort of chemistry going on... Sheppard managed to escape, lock Larrin up, defeat the Wraith and send a signal to his people, so how did his banter or one kiss with Larrin jeopardise anything.....

So she betrayed the trust he thought he had built up with her... she would have just hit him from behind or knocked him out as soon as his back was turned anyway.... he thought they were still working together and would have had his guard down whether she hit him over the head or kissed him....

So kirking was not the issue here and even if Shep hadn't of been stunned her people arrived shortly afterwards and Shep would have been overpowerd again anyway...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X