Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever since Carter joined Atlantis she kind of fadded into background. It was nice to see how she does her job and the kind of responabilities she has
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Ever since Carter joined Atlantis she kind of fadded into background. It was nice to see how she does her job and the kind of responabilities she has
      I think her blending in was part of the plan. I don't think TPTB wanted her to rush in, and totally take over the show. Which is a good thing IMO. It would have offended way too many SGA fans.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        No they don't. It's a mistake. You can't have done much checking.

Spoiler:
        I checked five eps and all of them had 8 including the Atlantis gate. I think it is one of those things that keeps getting mixed up. SOme eps have 8 some have nine but personally not a big deal.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          I think her blending in was part of the plan.?* I don't think TPTB wanted her to rush in, and totally take over the show.?* Which is a good thing IMO.?* It would have offended way too many SGA fans.
          I agree and support it. It was just refreshing to see how Carter runs things on Atlantis
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Another thing I might is there is no way that this was a rip-off of an SG-1
            Maybe not a ripoff but similar to Prophecy, I was very surprised Carter didn't say something but that would mean mentioning Jonas. The whole working with the enemy to contain a threat was reminiscint of working with Baal to get the Dakara device working, against what, replicaters! Could they at least once call them Asurans? Even the friggin Wraith are calling them replicaters now. Still a really good episode. Maybe the Aurora attacking Atlantis is the one the Travelers took.
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
              Maybe not a ripoff but similar to Prophecy, I was very surprised Carter didn't say something but that would mean mentioning Jonas. The whole working with the enemy to contain a threat was reminiscint of working with Baal to get the Dakara device working, against what, replicaters! Could they at least once call them Asurans? Even the friggin Wraith are calling them replicaters now. Still a really good episode. Maybe the Aurora attacking Atlantis is the one the Travelers took.
              The similarities between Prophecy and The Seer end at the fact that they both feature people have precongnitive abilities. The Tauri/SGC has worked with numerous enemies against their common enemy. I agree with calling them Asurans and the possibility that the Travelers have the Aurora ship. If thats the Travler ship than chances are Larin's in it
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
                This episode had potential, but didn't quite hit on all cylinders for me.

Carter is only playing Weir. She is neither scientist nor soldier, only an administrator making the same decisions and saying the same lines Weir did. I thought she was supposed to be an improvement.?.?
                That is what she was doing replacing her and that in itself is an improvement.

The whole yelling at Woolsey is old, especially for fans who have seen him on SG1, so the whole, "Shut up Woolsey" line just made me roll my eyes. How may times have Carter/O'Neill/Hammond, etc. said the same thing?
                Not me it was hilarious IMO and about time. Also I can't remember anyone ever telling him to "shut up."

For an episode called, "The Seer", we sure didn't see much of the Seer, and that was a disappointment. He seemed like a cool dude and I wanted to know him better. I wish there had been more between him and Teyla. Its also disappointing that no one seems very worried about the Athosians, and the team doesn't seem to be very supportive of Teyla. She is sorta left hanging "out there".
                Really? No one seemed unsuportive of Teyla nor did I get the impression that they didn't care. They were simply skeptical of the Seer. Also we saw quite a bit of him and it was a very intereting story.

Keller was her usual meh. Davos dude dies, his daughter bursts into tears, and Keller is the usual wooden self, "I'm sorry". Carson would have been much more empathetic. I guess she is cool because she looks hot, but I'd rather have a character with some personality.
                Wooden? I disagree. She was very empathetic, there isn't much more she could have said. I know you really miss Carson but Keller is far from wooden IMO.

Best part was CG Wraith, especially the "Wraith joke" bit. I do wonder why he calls Sheppard by name, but no one bothers to ask him if he has a name, or what they should call him. Do they just say, "Hey you" to him?

Not sure about next week. Trailer on SciFi didn't look too hot, even with McKay's sister (who I loved).
                Hmm well it looks great and it airs in two weeks.

Comment

It was good to see Chuck again. And a MALP! How long has it been since we've seen a MALP?

Originally posted by bentley2003 View Post
                  Ok, I've missed a couple ep's up until now... Whos the father of Teyla's child?? (wow this sounds so soap operaish its not even funny lol)
                  It hasn't been explicitly revealed, but it is implied that it is Kanan, an Athosian (see Missing).
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Luciana
                  My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                    The only similarity to Prophecy is that it features people with pregognitive abilities. I don't see the other similarities but I do agree on the Asuran bit.

Comment

The similarities between Prophecy and The Seer end at the fact that they both feature people have precongnitive abilities. The Tauri/SGC has worked with numerous enemies against their common enemy. I agree with calling them Asurans and the possibility that the Travelers have the Aurora ship. If thats the Travler ship than chances are Larin's in it
                      Right, I wasn't calling it a rip-off, although you can bet the points I brought up would be used by someone who was calling it a rip-off. Yes the SGC has worked with common enemies before, I was just mentioning the similarities in working with a common enemy against replicaters.
                      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

I can't believe there wasn't a reference to Jonas...

Comment

I can't believe there wasn't a reference to Jonas...
                          They probably knew it'd be a bad idea plus it wouldn't make much sense.

Comment

Originally posted by wheresmyfroggy View Post
                            hahahahaha, wraith jokes! slightly funnier than jaffa jokes, IMO.
                            I actually found it quite funny he would even think of doing a joke in his situation.. BUT it does show us at least the wraith have some sense of humor..

The Wraith joke was quality, shame they went cheapo on the Wraith Vs Wraith scene...
                            Espceially as that was a scene right out of the hive...

Originally posted by Sweetsong View Post
                            Good episode overall, like the last couple eps there was alot going on. Woosley is such a *!!%^&*. This new twist with the replicators now targeting humans, the wraith food supply is interesting.
                            Agreed, especially since again it was our fault the humans of pegasus are facing extinction...

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                            Wow what an excellent episode I'm still trying to get over the dramatic high. This episode was great from start to finish. Loved the interaction between Carter and woolsey,

Favorite Quote:
                            Carter: "Shut Up Wollsey!"
                            Wollsey: *looks stuned and slowly walks away with tail between his legs.*
                            I will agree on the carter/woosley scenes, but for me the quote of the day for them too would go to their ending scene, where woosley said
                            "Some times it helps to not put too much information in"... Almost reminded me of one of his statements to wier.

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            What made this episode interesting was all the trust issues going back and forth. You did not know how it was going to end. Carter trusted "The Seer" but had a hard time accepting that a future cannot be changed.

Anyway, this ep is just setting up for the mid-season which I cannot wait for! Should be really good!
                            Which is strange since she has had so many episodes in SG1 where Time travel and future sight came into play she should have had a lot more faith in it... Such as when Johnas had those visions, and when they went to the planet in "its good to be king"..

It was very nice to see some aspects of the Asuran/Wraith War and how desperate both sides had become. To resort to tatics of killing worlds to stop food for the Wraith was horrific.?*
                            Agred, and i loved it how after we learned of the truth to the wraith's statement, shep and rodney were talking about that nano virus we saw from Hot zone and relating it to the asurans..

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
                            I mean, come on, HOW many times now have two wraith ships showed up and just when we thought they were gonna blow us to bits... and then oh wait, they are destroying each other! Everybody be happy! ......been there done that, it's getting old, NEXT!
                            Well lets see. So far we have seen it twice i remember. Once in the hive after john got those two ships firing on one another, and later on in Misbegotten when the wraith showed up to destroy our captured hive. And not one of them were where both hives were going to destroy US..

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                            How would Atlantis end up getting destroyed by the Asurans? And why only one ship hovering right above instead of orbit and only a few drones at a time? Why wasn't Atlantis's shield up either? We know that the drones don't go through Ancient shields. And I can't really see Atlantis getting destroyed so I really don't know. If this ends up coming true in another episode, maybe it was some other city somewhere or something or maybe somewhere else on Asuras and they blow it up. They never said that it was Atlantis did they? ,
                            That is a very good point. We know the asurans have already built one atlantis like city, who's to say they did not have more, and what carter saw was us on that one, replanting the wraith virus..

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                            Questions:
                            * did someone take out that tracking device?

* how did the seer get to be advanced? Is it genetic? Are there more of them out there?.
                            WEll for the latter one, since keller said it looks like he might have always been that way and has been regressing some, who is to say he was not at one point in time as advanced as the ancients. Heck he could have been one who contracted some sort of disease that made him regress..

AS to the tracking device, it is very likely after he mentioned it they did so..

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                            It was good to see Chuck again. And a MALP! How long has it been since we've seen a MALP?
                            Too long.. Heck i wondered if atlantis stocked any after season 1.. as i cannot remember seeing any in season 2 or 3 other than in sateda..

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
                              This episode had potential, but didn't quite hit on all cylinders for me.

Carter is only playing Weir. She is neither scientist nor soldier, only an administrator making the same decisions and saying the same lines Weir did. I thought she was supposed to be an improvement.?.?

[...]

For an episode called, "The Seer", we sure didn't see much of the Seer, and that was a disappointment. He seemed like a cool dude and I wanted to know him better. I wish there had been more between him and Teyla. Its also disappointing that no one seems very worried about the Athosians, and the team doesn't seem to be very supportive of Teyla. She is sorta left hanging "out there".

[...]

Best part was CG Wraith, especially the "Wraith joke" bit. I do wonder why he calls Sheppard by name, but no one bothers to ask him if he has a name, or what they should call him. Do they just say, "Hey you" to him?

Not sure about next week. Trailer on SciFi didn't look too hot, even with McKay's sister (who I loved).
                              That hit the nail on the head for me. She's just Elizabeth only with blonde hair. It's so frustrating that they made a big deal about bringing Sam on board because she has "experience" with Replicators, and yet we haven't seen her be any use at all. I liked Sam in this ep, but then, I liked Elizabeth's job when she was there.

And while I always enjoy Woolsey's presence, I would've enjoyed seeing his relationship with Elizabeth grow. At the very least, they should have played on the fact that Sam and Woolsey don't get along and never really have. The two times she's met him have been Heroes and The Shroud, and both were times when he was blaming her and her friends for Janet's death or advocating killing Prior!Daniel. But they started off so chummy when the episode began.

I'm much more looking foreward to Miller's Crossing. I thought the add looked great and Kate is such a breath of fresh air that'll make up for the overwhelming boredom I've had this season.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                Too long..?* Heck i wondered if atlantis stocked any after season 1.. as i cannot remember seeing any in season 2 or 3 other than in sateda..
                                A MALP was seen at the end of Runner
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X