This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    It's wireless, they just need to get close.
    What is?

Comment

Uploading the virus.

Comment

Uploading the virus.
        Didn't they introduce the code modifications through a central sever which could in theory overwrite their modifications which would put them back at square one.

Comment

Good point.

Comment

Yes they do, I'll post pics if you want.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
            I decided to double check and the Pegasus gates have always had 8. The Atlantis gate and dhd were designed to go to Earth but all the gates in PG have had 8.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              I thought his little joke was really great. As for him hanging around Atlantis, that should be very interesting.

Overall, I thought this was a very strong episode. I enjoyed it pretty much from start to finish.
              Agreed. This season has been great and this is surely no exception.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

This was the best episode of the season
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Another thing I might is there is no way that this was a rip-off of an SG-1
                  I really liked this episode, but what really grinds my gears is Sam has direct experience with this "psychic vision" with Jonas in Season 6: Prophecy. And they don't ever mention it. Which makes me wonder if they don't want to admit this idea has been seen before.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind seeing repeats of cool ideas, but I don't want to act like they are brand new.

Also, my prediction, the city in the "sight" Sam saw was probably the replicator city. I think Atlantis will stumble onto another ancient warship. However, I am not a seer, just a predictor.

But overall, I really liked this episode. Especially because Carter has seemed a little weak to me, and her talk with the Wraith ended any doubt I had.

9.5/10!!!

And on a side note: I don't appreciate the sad attempt to make Sheppard into Oneill with all the, "have fun kids," "lets go kids" type of lines.
                  Last edited by Homeslice55; 16 November 2007, 08:37 PM.
                  Enter the Fargate...to steal intergalatic cable!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                    I decided to double check and the Pegasus gates have always had 8. The Atlantis gate and dhd were designed to go to Earth but all the gates in PG have had 8.
                    No they don't. It's a mistake. You can't have done much checking.

Spoiler:

Comment

This episode had potential, but didn't quite hit on all cylinders for me.

Carter is only playing Weir. She is neither scientist nor soldier, only an administrator making the same decisions and saying the same lines Weir did. I thought she was supposed to be an improvement.?.?

The uniforms for Carter and Keller are awful and not the least bit flattering.

The whole yelling at Woolsey is old, especially for fans who have seen him on SG1, so the whole, "Shut up Woolsey" line just made me roll my eyes. How may times have Carter/O'Neill/Hammond, etc. said the same thing?

For an episode called, "The Seer", we sure didn't see much of the Seer, and that was a disappointment. He seemed like a cool dude and I wanted to know him better. I wish there had been more between him and Teyla. Its also disappointing that no one seems very worried about the Athosians, and the team doesn't seem to be very supportive of Teyla. She is sorta left hanging "out there".

Keller was her usual meh. Davos dude dies, his daughter bursts into tears, and Keller is the usual wooden self, "I'm sorry". Carson would have been much more empathetic. I guess she is cool because she looks hot, but I'd rather have a character with some personality.

Best part was CG Wraith, especially the "Wraith joke" bit. I do wonder why he calls Sheppard by name, but no one bothers to ask him if he has a name, or what they should call him. Do they just say, "Hey you" to him?

Not sure about next week. Trailer on SciFi didn't look too hot, even with McKay's sister (who I loved).

Comment

Great episode. Just shows you what great writing can do for the show.
                        - Nice new arc with the destraction of the city. It remains to be seen, sets some suspense. I am pretty sure that some of the vision images are easy to misinterpret and of course there will be no complete destruction, just some believably emotional trashing.
                        - Wraith humor. The enemy is becoming more complex and humanized. Excellent.
                        - Aurora ship briefly featuring in the visions is most likely Travelers, as we were never able to locate Tria. They might be even helping, not destroying Atlantis. Although, who knows. It might be even another lost slightly malfunctioning Aincient ship. There are so many in this galaxy, Aicients ascended quite thoughtlessly, while abandoning plenty of strategic weapons.
                        - I liked the contrast behavior of Keller back in Atlantis. Completely competent and cool, the way it should be when she is in her sphere.

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                        True.

Did anyone catch the whole "I've lost most of my influence amongst the Wraith" line? Considering he had a whole hive loyal to him without any leaks I'm wondering just how large a fleet he had (whether he had an alliance of wraith comparable to The Queen from Submersion).
                        That is a very interesting thought. It seems that our Wraith is an important one. Makes one wonder HOW Genii managed to capture him, but it is understandable WHY they might have wanted to. It is a very promising arc too.

This episode was one of those when we realize just why and how much we love this show. N'est pas?
                        sigpic
                        -I want you to know, even if you are gonna forget, that I wasn't with you all these years because we were trapped on this god-awful ship. I was with you because—
                        - I know. And I want you to know that I—
                        - I know. I know.

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
                          I loved the scene between Rodney and John when they were discussing about trusting a wraith and John was being like a comforting father figure to Rodney who was just fustrated. I liked seeing an interaction between them besides the normal bickering/banter.
                          I loved this scene too. Rodney was being vulnerable and John was being comforting. I love their bantering too, but its nice to see this side of their friendship as well.

Wraith humor = Awesome

Miller's Crossing looks great! Rodney getting kidnapped, Shep and Ronon going after him. Looking forward to it! I'm bummed that we have to wait two weeks though.

Wilson3Girl

Comment

Ok, I've missed a couple ep's up until now... Whos the father of Teyla's child?? (wow this sounds so soap operaish its not even funny lol)

Thanks to Captain Jake for the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              This was the best episode of the season
                              I wouldn't personally say "the best". Definitely one of the best though.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Homeslice55 View Post
                                Also, my prediction, the city in the "sight" Sam saw was probably the replicator city. I think Atlantis will stumble onto another ancient warship. However, I am not a seer, just a predictor.
                                I thought about that. You're most likely right. Although my guess would be that they take one of the replicator ships instead of finding another Ancient one. Either way doesn't matter because they'll just lose it anyway.
                                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Working...
                                X