This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    The wraith have become so complexed now. The first season it was like, all they are are aliens that suck the life out of you. Now they are a deeper more complexed enemy, and who knows how this war is going to turn out.
    Spoiler:
    It looks like the Wraith will become even more complex in the mid-season three parter
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

The wraith have become so complexed now. The first season it was like, all they are are aliens that suck the life out of you. Now they are a deeper more complexed enemy, and who knows how this war is going to turn out.
      yeah that's what I mean. The more they get into characters like Michael and this guy (I don't know his name) the more we learn about the Wraith. Plus the guy from 'Travelers' I'm looking forward to seeing him come back a little more now.
      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Things we've learned this episode.

1) That brings the total Wraith ships destroyed up to a big giant whopping 12 hives. If Mckay's estimates are correct, that means there are 48 currently operational hive ships in Pegasus. I'm going to add in a speculation from what Sheppard said about the Wraith getting their asses kicked a +5 hive ships destroyed. Leaving 2/3 left of Mckay's estimate. We have no idea how many cruisers the Wraith have.
        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Another thing I might is there is no way that this was a rip-off of an SG-1
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Wraith have a sense of humor. Who would have thunk?

It's not that people are going to find out about Teyla's pregnancy, it's that she's gonna start showing (well, she is, but....) Now if she were US military, she'd be pulled out of the field. Since she's not, she can stay on the team until, well, it's determined her condition could be dangerous for the rest of them (can't run as fast, whatever). Since next week (er, two weeks) is "Miller's Crossing" (which I can't wait for!), I guess perhaps the next episode she might drop this bomb on Sheppard and the team. She's gotta tell 'em eventually.

Yawn, late, so will rewatch WITHOUT ads (interesting to see ads for ABC news on SciFi!).

Only bugaboo? Carter's uniform. It looked too tight on the last shot as she and Sheppard left the gateroom.

And the wraith is just gonna hang around Atlantis?? Hmm....

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman View Post
              Anyone else notice the offworld Stargate? It looked obviously digital and was more yellowy orangey than Pegasus 'Gates used to be.

yea it did look different.......the color was diff and it had a piece of rounded trim around the outside......its the first time they used it on the show?....
              Viper

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                Things we've learned this episode.1) That brings the total Wraith ships destroyed up to a big giant whopping 12 hives. If Mckay's estimates are correct, that means there are 48 currently operational hive ships in Pegasus. I'm going to add in a speculation from what Sheppard said about the Wraith getting their asses kicked a +5 hive ships destroyed. Leaving 2/3 left of Mckay's estimate. We have no idea how many cruisers the Wraith have.
                Whose to say that more Hive ships haven't been built since McKay said that statment especially with The Asuran/Wraith War
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                  Only bugaboo? Carter's uniform. It looked too tight on the last shot as she and Sheppard left the gateroom.

There's no such thing as "too tight" for Carter. The shoulders on the other hand... that alwasy gets on my nerves when their shoulders look all pointy.
                  || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Wow! What a great episode. Davos was cool. Nice to see the Wraith from "Common Ground" again and I'm glad they didn't kill him. The Asurans targeting humans, I'm not surprised to hear that since that possibility was mentioned before, at least in terms of the nanovirus stuff killing humans.

How would Atlantis end up getting destroyed by the Asurans? And why only one ship hovering right above instead of orbit and only a few drones at a time? Why wasn't Atlantis's shield up either? We know that the drones don't go through Ancient shields. And I can't really see Atlantis getting destroyed so I really don't know. If this ends up coming true in another episode, maybe it was some other city somewhere or something or maybe somewhere else on Asuras and they blow it up. They never said that it was Atlantis did they? Well, I know I'm dwelling a lot on this but that was the one thing that this episode didn't solve for me. This episode also reminded me of "Prophecy" in SG-1 especially in terms of the decisions they had to make in regards to the possible futures, especially when McKay mentioned the possbility of seeing possible futures just like Carter did.

The hives ship destroying each other was kind of unexpected but yeah, that scene was just the reuse of the Wraith battle from "The Hive".

I am disappointed that we didn't find out who the father of Teyla's baby was.

And it is nice to finally see another Wraith episode, I have missed them. I don't care if the producers always intended the Asurans to be the main enemy or not, they are not as cool as the Wraith. I wonder how that Wraith virus to shut off the Asurans will work out. And will they go back to attacking Atlantis again like before?

Vala,
                    Last edited by Vala_M; 16 November 2007, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                      Then you need to rewatch The Hive again. Particularly when the two hive ships blow up. The one further blows up first, the shockwave destroys the other, the other burns for a second before being blown in two and then blown into smithereens. The weapons fire may have also been slowed down somewhat and the darts removed, but it was the same scene. They were also facing the same direction.

I'm not saying that it ruined the episode for me. The episode was still a 9/10.
                      Ok you're right they just erased the darts. Still why make a scene when you have one that will work? It good to save money for really big things than waste it on something that you can use and looks great. The episode was great and I didn't notice. It's not a big deal.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                        Wraith have a sense of humor. Who would have thunk?

And the wraith is just gonna hang around Atlantis?? Hmm....
                        I thought his little joke was really great. As for him hanging around Atlantis, that should be very interesting.

Overall, I thought this was a very strong episode. I enjoyed it pretty much from start to finish.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                          There's no such thing as "too tight" for Carter. The shoulders on the other hand... that alwasy gets on my nerves when their shoulders look all pointy.
                          Hmm, really? But the shoulders, they're slightly padded, the jackets are form-fitting, and those darts in the back.... I so miss the days of the old BDUs and plain old black t-shirts.

but anyway, the father of Teyla's baby is probably Kanan, whom she mentioned in "Missing" (previous episode). In fact, I think Rachel Luttrell said it was in a recent interview.

Comment

Originally posted by ViperPC View Post
                            yea it did look different.......the color was diff and it had a piece of rounded trim around the outside......its the first time they used it on the show?....
                            Viper
                            They have used digital gates all season. It's cheaper and easier that way. JM said that it was become very cumbersome having a gate to move from location to location. I actually like it, it looks more futuristic.

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                              Personally, I was a bit disappointed by the first few episodes, especially after reading up on how good they were gonna be. They progressively started getting better but were still going a little slow. It wasn't until this episode that I finally got the feeling that this season is gonna turn out awesome.
                              Really. Hmm I thought Adrift started off strong and it just got better from there. Well to each's own but this is sure one hell of a season.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                                They have used digital gates all season. It's cheaper and easier that way. JM said that it was become very cumbersome having a gate to move from location to location. I actually like it, it looks more futuristic.
                                It's a pity they've consistently ****ed up the CG for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X