This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    It's a pity they've consistently ****ed up the CG for them.
    I thought it looked fine. I think the CG has been great all around.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
      yeah that's what I mean. The more they get into characters like Michael and this guy (I don't know his name) the more we learn about the Wraith. Plus the guy from 'Travelers' I'm looking forward to seeing him come back a little more now.
      The replicators have been straight forward until what happened to Dr. Weir. That made them more complexed or at least made Weir more complexed. It's good when the enemies are not just cut and dry.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post

How would Atlantis end up getting destroyed by the Asurans? And why only one ship hovering right above instead of orbit and only a few drones at a time? Why wasn't Atlantis's shield up either? We know that the drones don't go through Ancient shields. And I can't really see Atlantis getting destroyed so I really don't know. If this ends up coming true in another episode, maybe it was some other city somewhere or something or maybe somewhere else on Asuras and they blow it up. They never said that it was Atlantis did they?
        Yes they did. I don't know of many cityships that have Shepard running through it. Im pretty sure there was other people shown. As for the shields Shepard said it best. We have no idea when that is supposed to happen. For all we know the ZPMs are depleted and the city is completely vulnerable.

Comment

That was such an enjoyable episode. I'll have more to say this weekend sometime but for now...here are the two best moments of The Seer:
          Wraith: I believe among your people it is customary to shake hands.

*Wraith reaches hand out, the guards around Sam cock their guns and Sam doesn't budge*

Wraith *laughing*: Just a little Wraith humor. *continues laughing*
          Sam: Shut up, Woolsey!!! ... One more word out of you and I will have you removed!
          ahahahahahahahaha

Sam +1, idiot bureaucrat 0

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
            Ok you're right they just erased the darts. Still why make a scene when you have one that will work? It good to save money for really big things than waste it on something that you can use and looks great. The episode was great and I didn't notice. It's not a big deal.
            yeah doesn't seem like a big deal to me either. If the scene had been like a huge 10 minute space battle it might be different but it was like what 10 seconds?
            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I thought it looked fine. I think the CG has been great all around.
              The CG gates have the wrong number of chevrons.

Comment

The Seer is an ep that has to sink in a bit - there's just so much going on: Woolsey there to perform Carter's 3 month evaluation, the CG Wraith (I just can't call him Todd) back to strike a deal, the search for the Athosians, and a seer complicating the works.

Good stuff:
                * Teyla's pleading for her team and Carter to exhaust every method to find her people no matter how ridiculous - and them going along with it
                * McKay being willing to be the guinea pig since he was the skeptic. What a challenge it must have been for Rodney to try to reconcile his knowledge of science with the experience of the vision (which turned out to be true).
                * Davos being genuine and his people being nice. Surely someone must be trustworthy in Pegasus
                * the return of the CG Wraith - Chris Heyerdahl is so spectacular in this role and the chemistry between Sheppard and the Wraith is emmensely watchable. I wasn't sure from the end of CG how the next meeting would go, but there was more mistrust and angst than I expected (that just never gets old)
                * several mentions of Weir - I love continuity.
                * the complete uncertainty of everyone - Atlantis with the Wraith, Woolsey with everyone, Carter with herself and Davos' visions. It leant a real edge-of-your-seat feeling.
                * the easy reveal of Teyla's pregnancy. I'm so looking forward to watching her tell her team.
                * Keller - calm, cool and collected off-world; confident of her abilities on Atlantis; her easy recognition that Woolsey was only interested in studying the man and her discomfort with that; her gentleness with Davos and his daughter
                * the conversation between Sheppard and McKay over whose fault it is that the replicators are destroying humans (did they take the Athosians?); a heartfelt talk between two adults
                * "Just a little Wraith humor" - might be one of my alltime favorite quotes
                * the balcony conversation between Carter and Sheppard - more between two equals than a boss and subordinate. I love her trust of Sheppard's instincts with the Wraith and being willing to listen to his advice.
                * Carter standing up to Woolsey just as the battle begins. You go girl! (I really liked her in this.)
                * Sheppard's willingness to follow Carter's orders
                * leaving the Wraith on Atlantis - totally didn't expect that.

Questions:
                * did someone take out that tracking device?
                * what happens while McKay's on Earth in the next ep? Will the Wraith take up needlepoint until he gets back and they can finish the job?
                * when will Atlantis' destruction take place? The Last Man?
                * how did the seer get to be advanced? Is it genetic? Are there more of them out there?
                * how are they going to load the virus into the replicators?
                * where did Ronon go at the end of the ep?

This was a great bridge ep, tying together little strands we've seen so far and beginning to weave a picture.
                sigpic
                Sig by Luciana
                My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                  The replicators have been straight forward until what happened to Dr. Weir. That made them more complexed or at least made Weir more complexed. It's good when the enemies are not just cut and dry.
                  3D enemies are better than 2D enemies
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    The CG gates have the wrong number of chevrons.
                    No they don't the gates are implanted in the ground meaning you don't see all chevrons like the Atlantis gate.

Comment

No they don't the gates are implanted in the ground meaning you don't see all chevrons like the Atlantis gate.
                      Yes they do, I'll post pics if you want.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Über View Post
                        That was such an enjoyable episode. I'll have more to say this weekend sometime but for now...here are the two best moments of The Seer:

ahahahahahahahaha

Sam +1, idiot bureaucrat 0

LOL! That was great! Carter made me proud!

I liked the little conversation she was having on the deck with Sheppard.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                          Hmm, really? But the shoulders, they're slightly padded, the jackets are form-fitting, and those darts in the back.... I so miss the days of the old BDUs and plain old black t-shirts.
                          Shoulder pads are so 1986.
                          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                            The Seer is an ep that has to sink in a bit - there's just so much going on: Woolsey there to perform Carter's 3 month evaluation, the CG Wraith (I just can't call him Todd) back to strike a deal, the search for the Athosians, and a seer complicating the works.

Good stuff:
                            * Teyla's pleading for her team and Carter to exhaust every method to find her people no matter how ridiculous - and them going along with it
                            * McKay being willing to be the guinea pig since he was the skeptic. What a challenge it must have been for Rodney to try to reconcile his knowledge of science with the experience of the vision (which turned out to be true).
                            * Davos being genuine and his people being nice. Surely someone must be trustworthy in Pegasus
                            * the return of the CG Wraith - Chris Heyerdahl is so spectacular in this role and the chemistry between Sheppard and the Wraith is emmensely watchable. I wasn't sure from the end of CG how the next meeting would go, but there was more mistrust and angst than I expected (that just never gets old)
                            * several mentions of Weir - I love continuity.
                            * the complete uncertainty of everyone - Atlantis with the Wraith, Woolsey with everyone, Carter with herself and Davos' visions. It leant a real edge-of-your-seat feeling.
                            * the easy reveal of Teyla's pregnancy. I'm so looking forward to watching her tell her team.
                            * Keller - calm, cool and collected off-world; confident of her abilities on Atlantis; her easy recognition that Woolsey was only interested in studying the man and her discomfort with that; her gentleness with Davos and his daughter
                            * the conversation between Sheppard and McKay over whose fault it is that the replicators are destroying humans (did they take the Athosians?); a heartfelt talk between two adults
                            * "Just a little Wraith humor" - might be one of my alltime favorite quotes
                            * the balcony conversation between Carter and Sheppard - more between two equals than a boss and subordinate. I love her trust of Sheppard's instincts with the Wraith and being willing to listen to his advice.
                            * Carter standing up to Woolsey just as the battle begins. You go girl! (I really liked her in this.)
                            * Sheppard's willingness to follow Carter's orders
                            * leaving the Wraith on Atlantis - totally didn't expect that.
                            Agreed this was a very good ep.

Questions:
                            * did someone take out that tracking device?
                            No it was pointless to at that point, but it could be a problem.
                            * what happens while McKay's on Earth in the next ep? Will the Wraith take up needlepoint until he gets back and they can finish the job?
                            Most likely it will be unexplained but he will likely continue to work on it under guard.
                            * when will Atlantis' destruction take place? The Last Man?
                            A preview of events to come but like one of my favorite lines from T2. "The Future is not set, it is what we make it." Not 100% accurate but close enough. Most likely from either "Last Man" or BAMSR.
                            * how did the seer get to be advanced? Is it genetic? Are there more of them out there?
                            Keller said it. A genetic mistake.
                            Good question.
                            * where did Ronon go at the end of the ep?
                            Not a clue but we know he goes to Earth in Millars Crossing.

Comment

We'll probably see that in the midseason episode. It's kind of obvious reading the spoilers. Though my best guess is the same way the wraith was suggesting in the episode with Ronan's brainwashed buddies.
                              A preview of events to come but like one of my favorite lines from T2. "The Future is not set, it is what we make it." Not 100% accurate but close enough. Most likely from either "Last Man" or BAMSR.
                              Actually, the guy implied the images were 100% accurate. The only discrepancies were the rationals that everyone had.

Comment

It's wireless, they just need to get close.

Comment

Working...
                                X