This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
    I do think that a mention of Jonas would have been good. It would have made sense and it would have given the Jonas fans a little bone. A little technobabble could have been good too. I did like how Carter had to ask Mckay the same question a few times before he actually answered the question. Kind of reminded me of how she (on SG-1) would say she "thinks" something could be done and then O'Neill would say something like "you think" or "your sure" (not exact quotes)....it makes sense she would pick up on some of those leadership queues.
    How Jonas get his precognition and how Davos got his precognition were totally different. Jonas' was a tumor as a result of genetic tampering on the part of Nittri. Davos was embedded unto his brain.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      How Jonas get his precognition and how Davos got his precognition were totally different. Jonas' was a tumor as a result of genetic tampering on the part of Nittri. Davos was embedded unto his brain.
      Still it was similar, they could have just mentioned it. Maybe Carter just telling the doctor to look for a tumor.
      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
        Still it was similar, they could have just mentioned it. Maybe Carter just telling the doctor to look for a tumor.
        At that point Keller had already looked out and found the tumour which led to the death of the seer.
        The cake is a lie!

Comment

I thought this was a 'good' episode overall, but a few bits did bug me a little.

- The actress playing Davos's daughter was horrible. That "And for the first time in my life, I fear the future," line could have been delivered so much better than what it was.

- The fact that they never really seemed to care about the seer's life. I mean, yes, they threw in a 'oh, I can't cure him' explanation at the start, but after that it played out as if we all knew he was going to die (which we did, but still). And even if all their medicine failed, they still could have used a Goa'uld healing device to heal him. Sam is right there on base, after all.

- The Wraith ships attacking each other. "I guess the other Wraiths didn't buy their story" hardly justifies them attacking. I can imagine the conversation:

Wraith ship 1: Hey, so, like, what are you guys doing all around this uninhabited planet?
          Wraith ship 2: Oh...you know, just hangin'.
          Wraith ship 1: LIES! *starts firing*

And then of course, staying around for the explosion to blow up their own ship as well. You'd think they would know better.

Also, nobody really got into the whole "Argh! We're gonna die!" mindset. Not even Woolsey...

7.4/10

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
            I enjoyed the episode very much, but my only qualm for the whole episode was the scene with Keller and Carter, where they were discussing sending Davros' medical test results to Earth for study.

Had they explained to Davros they were doing so? To do so without Davro's permission is against HIPPA guidelines on patient's privacy. Unless...the US Military is not required to adhere to HIPPA guidelines, and even though Keller is civilian, she is working for a military operation. Hmm...I'll have to look that up.

And if the military does not have to go by HIPPA guidelines, is that the price that "guests' have to pay for medical treatment on Atlantis? Forfeiture of their privacy rights?

Morjana
            It may have someting to do with Davos not being a citizen of Earth. I compare that to The Enemy Within. That NID, whose name escapes me, was going to take Teal'c to be a lab rat. Wouldn't that be a violation of a civilized nation
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

SOME SPOILERS FOR FUTURE EPISODES.

I loved this episode, it was great to see Carter really take charge. I'm happy Shep followed Carter's command instead of Woolsey's. This is one of the best episodes of what has been a fantastic season. The ONLY nitpick I have is with the re-use of the Wraith Battle CGI, however, Atlantis', possibly the entire franchise'
              Spoiler:
              biggest space battle ever
              is coming up in BAMSR, so this is a good sign IMO, showing that they are gonna go all out.

I was suprised not to see Weir. Her secret 4th ep must be Miller's Crossing then!

CG Wraith was great. *Shake hands* lol! And it looks like they will be handling Teyla's pregnancy differently to the SG-1 ones. I can't wait to see what happened with the Athosians.

I have a theory...

Spoiler:
              We see in the trailer for TMC that Shep cuts Rodney's hand open, and Ronan says 'You can't trust anyone'. Does anyone think the Replicators have created a copy of Atlantis? From what we have seen from the trailer, it is attacked in that ep, with the team running up a stairwell as the roof collapses above, so we should find out in TMC

Once again, loved the ep!

Comment

Knew the asurans were gonna start exterminating humans to get @ the wraith, remember the human killing virus from season one? PRECIDENT! Asurans hate humans but their directive is to kill wraith, 2 birds one stone. Getting alittle better idea why the Ancients tried to obliterate the asurans,they had a virus in their lab so the asurans must have come up with the idea to kill all humans pretty quick after they were created. Makes sense that a weapon would think like a weapon. Maybe they should have programmed the asurans as stormtroopers instead of innovative generals.

Nice nod to Jonas Quinns breif ability to see the future, CANCER CAUSES SUPER POWERS! Might be why Carter accepted it soo fast, shes seen it in exactly the same way before.

Wraith joke = XD the shake hands thing was pretty funny, lol

Nice reuse of lost boys 2 footage lol

O.O at the aurora blowing holes in atlantis

I half suspected the seer of being a replicator, u know they can put visions in ure mind by touching you and it seemed convient he showed up the same time as the hives. But i was wrong

Nice to see a reference to their last alliance with wraith and it flowed alittle smoother this time

Wonder wut theyre gonna do with Johns Wraith buddy, not like they can feed him, hope he ate before he left. Not like they would have let him see the gate symbols for atlantis anyways, could prolly let him go when theyre done.

Comment

Originally posted by 1138 View Post
                  I didn't like the fact that Sam never mentioned any insight she should have gained after the experience with Jonas' visions.
                  And again, the poor woman can't win. If she mentions anything she did on SG-1, anti's are up in arms. If she doesn't, other people complain.

I know she is just a fictional character, but I actually feel sorry for her lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis91 View Post
                    but finally, the Asurans have a more viscious manner to eliminate them, they prefer to kill humans to deprive tehe Wraith of their food !
                    I wonder, could this have been the plan they mentioned in Progeny?

I didn't see it coming, it's cool I reckon, the expedition have to live with the fact that they are responsible for all these deaths. They already woke the Wraith lol, I'm suprised ANYONE in the PG likes them!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                      I checked five eps and all of them had 8 including the Atlantis gate. I think it is one of those things that keeps getting mixed up. SOme eps have 8 some have nine but personally not a big deal.
                      Atlantis's gate was never messed up. And I don't know how the CG designers could mess up so baldy, even as far as messing up Milky Way Stargates as well, they could have written it off as certain Pegasus gates only having 8 but when they messed up a Milky Way gate, that just proves it's a mistake. Especially since the orbital gates have 9. It's odd how they have removed the 9th chevron from the gate around the same time they announce the 3rd series which deals with the 9th chevron.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                        I wonder, could this have been the plan they mentioned in Progeny?

I didn't see it coming, it's cool I reckon, the expedition have to live with the fact that they are responsible for all these deaths. They already woke the Wraith lol, I'm suprised ANYONE in the PG likes them!
                        The Atlantis expedition in the Pegasus galaxy seem to be like taking chemo or radiation to cure a slow growing cancer. They disrupted the status quo which would have had the wraith continue to feed off of people forever. By introducing themselves into the mix and setting off chains of events that cause mass damage they hope to kill the disease/wraith once and for all, but are causing a great deal of collateral damage along the way. Would the inhabitants of the PG think it is worth it?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          Yes they do, I'll post pics if you want.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                          Quoted to say thanks for making me 3 new atlantis desktops! Mmmm soo Midway-ey

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                            Both the B and C story got more play then the supposed A story.
                            A) should have been seer
                            B) should have been wraith virus thing
                            c) Woolsey reviewing atlatnis.

Actually played out (IMHO)
                            A) Wraith
                            B) Woolsey
                            C) Seer (and a minor C plot at that, He shows up, gives carter and Teyla information about future ep and dies.....OK he gave Keller some slight growth and showed not all pretty females hit on shep but thats about it.)
                            Yes, you're totally correct, I think.

I too had surmised that the Seer story would be the primary story being told, but, in fact it was more the tertiary one. I suppose I'd seen the spoilers etc and had just presumed that's how it would be. I would have liked to have seen more visions, but I suppose it might have given away too many plot points and future spoilers. I did find myself having many questions about Davos.

I did like that Todd featured so much though. I think he may be an important character in the next few weeks and beyond, possibly.

I also liked Woolsey in this eppie, I feel he didn't encroach too much, but was in it enough to make me annoyed at him, which I actually like!

Alan McCollough said the end of this episode was extensively re-written by PM, so I wonder if originally more of Davos was featured?

But, yes, I am surprised the Seer didn't have more air time.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              I actually found it quite funny he would even think of doing a joke in his situation.. BUT it does show us at least the wraith have some sense of humor..

Espceially as that was a scene right out of the hive...

Agreed, especially since again it was our fault the humans of pegasus are facing extinction...

I will agree on the carter/woosley scenes, but for me the quote of the day for them too would go to their ending scene, where woosley said
                              "Some times it helps to not put too much information in"... Almost reminded me of one of his statements to wier.

Which is strange since she has had so many episodes in SG1 where Time travel and future sight came into play she should have had a lot more faith in it... Such as when Johnas had those visions, and when they went to the planet in "its good to be king"..

Agred, and i loved it how after we learned of the truth to the wraith's statement, shep and rodney were talking about that nano virus we saw from Hot zone and relating it to the asurans..

Well lets see. So far we have seen it twice i remember. Once in the hive after john got those two ships firing on one another, and later on in Misbegotten when the wraith showed up to destroy our captured hive. And not one of them were where both hives were going to destroy US..

That is a very good point. We know the asurans have already built one atlantis like city, who's to say they did not have more, and what carter saw was us on that one, replanting the wraith virus..

WEll for the latter one, since keller said it looks like he might have always been that way and has been regressing some, who is to say he was not at one point in time as advanced as the ancients. Heck he could have been one who contracted some sort of disease that made him regress..

AS to the tracking device, it is very likely after he mentioned it they did so..

Too long.. Heck i wondered if atlantis stocked any after season 1.. as i cannot remember seeing any in season 2 or 3 other than in sateda..
                              I think that the tracking device requires someone be looking for it to work, it's not a distress beacon or something.

And Dr. Keller didn't say he was regressing, only that his advancement wasn't advancing.

Vala,

Comment

great episode, totally loved it! I knew it was gonna be a Carter episode and that it would reveal something for the main plot arc but I never expected it to be that good!

I think it's really good that we got to see some established characters again, this time Woolsey and the Wraith from CG. RP's performance is as always pretty good and I just love to hate this guy. I can't remember the actor's name who played Todd but he did a pretty nice job too. I also liked the Seer though we didn't really get to see much of him. anyway...

it's great seeing Carter in command, we saw some of that before in eps like Reunion or Tabula Rasa but I find her much more focused now. and I love it when she tells Woolsey to shut up, finally someone does. this is clearly more a character ep for Carter which they handled pretty well. CG was great too, the Wraith ships destroying each other, oh and of course the damage to Atlantis (or at least a city that looks like Atlantis, but why didn't it have its shield up? well...) - loved it!

as for the visions, I thought they were pretty well done. Rodney's vision is pretty straight forward, Teyla's more or less too. Carter was the best one imo (probably because of the action, the explosions and the damage to the city). I'm not sure who was attacking but it didn't look like a Wraith ship bit could be the Travelers. hm maybe they have some hidden agenda or double cross us sometime in the future, that remains to be seen (hopefully in BAMSR)

the Wraith ships destroying each other was pretty predictable imo (though the first ship should've known that the blast from the explosion could destroy them too, they don't come off as being really smart there). Carter would've suspected it because of her vision so no mystery here

all in all a very cool episode which makes me expecting even more from the eps to come. oh I totally forgot about the Wraith joke, thought it was hilarious (reminded me of Teal'c's Jaffa joke)
                                sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X