Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Todd and Woolsey were great. Loved this one.
    sigpic

Comment

Why oh why his Shepperd behaving like this. Did he get brainwashed. Ultimately it was his fault that Todds hive ship showed up near Atlantis and then got destroyed. If he didn't take Todd as a prisoner, nothing of this would have happened. Very good way to get an ally and help from Todd later on. And this also led to the events of Millers Crossing with that guy being fed to Todd.
      And of course it was so convenient to get Todd's hive ship destroyed by another one. Couldn't they think of a better plot?

Another thing that clearly showed Todd being honest is the reason telling him that he want to use this coup against the replicators to strengthen his standing among wraiths. The lanteans were never honest with him, just look how Shepp reacts when Todd says: "I had no way of knowing you would not simply take the virus and then turn against me." And Shepp: "I'm offended you could even think that." Hey, they thought that all the time. So much for the lanteans being better than the wraith.

Spoiler:
      Todd lost is queen as was said in THE QUEEN. But you would think that if queens are so rare (BAMSR) and important, you woud think that the queen would be somewhere safer than near Atlantis and the possibility to get detroyed with the drones. Especially since the lanteans werent' at all so trustworthy as they took Todd captive.
      Last edited by Skie; 18 March 2011, 07:23 AM.
      Blue is such a nice color, especially if you have wings.

Comment

Ah well, me again.

Just thought about what McKay was saying: "That's it. That's why they're coming. They're tracking his ship. Think about it: a single hive off by itself out in the middle of nowhere, orbiting a supposedly uninhabited planet. That's bound to raise a few eyebrows ... "

Er, if the wraith can pick that up shouldn't they have been able to pick up the Daedalus or the Apollo (even together once) orbiting around that planet. An Earth ship near a planet, well, couldn't that be where Atlantis is? I just hated the way how they got rid of the problem with the hive ship (which was there fault that this happened by imprisoning Todd) instead to find some other solution.

And I just don't get why they had to bring Todd to Atlantis, which is nothing else then a) a security risk and b) a feeding problem. If they want to be on the safe side why not take Todd with the PJ to some other planet through the gate, find out what he wants, bring him back again (or kill him if he wants to betray you), voilà, got everything you want without the danger of revealing Atlantis.
        Blue is such a nice color, especially if you have wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Skie View Post

And I just don't get why they had to bring Todd to Atlantis, which is nothing else then a) a security risk and b) a feeding problem. If they want to be on the safe side why not take Todd with the PJ to some other planet through the gate, find out what he wants, bring him back again (or kill him if he wants to betray you), voilà, got everything you want without the danger of revealing Atlantis.
          I agree, it seemed like a bone-head move.
          At the moment it is Phobos (though time is limited; it is suppose to crash into Mars in the next 100 million years )

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
            I didn't like this episode very much. Glad to see the Common Ground Wraith back. Loved the scene where Atlantis was "destroyed."
            Agreed. Also, I wonder when that scene where Atlantis came from (like I said before, the last 2 season of SGA are kind of a blank for me).

Tomorrow, McKay's sister is back.
            sigpic

Comment

From Joe Mallozzi's Blog:

THE SEER (408)

As far as “prophetic visions” episodes go, I thought the show had done better – and would do better. Still, The Seer was not without its merits. There were a couple of standout guest performances on the part of the legendary Martin Jarvis, the always terrific Robert Picardo and, of course, Chris Heyerdahl as an enigmatic wraith looking to make a deal. It had its fair share of action, adventure and humor but, at the end of the day, unlike episodes like SG-1?s Prophecy or SGU’s Trial and Error, the visions at the heart of the story don’t really pay off in a satisfying manner (until episode’s later). Nevertheless, it’s nice to see Carter flexing her muscle in the face of some difficult command decisions, and standing her ground in the face of pressure from the IOA
              sigpic

Comment

It really is a good thing we can't see the future, given the differing interpretations of how a foreseen event is caused. So,does Atlantis get destroyed? Doing something that could be the wrong thing to change the outcome gave a great showdown between Carter and Wolsey as he tried to override her authority.

It was a great moment as she stuck to her guns, first time it seems to me that she had a chance to actually act in command!!

Comment

Alright ep. A lot better than the previous one.

Good to see Todd again. Loved his joke about shaking hands haha. Nice try Todd.

Having those visions would really mess with your mind. I would hate knowing when I'm going to die or something along those lines.
                  sigpic

Comment

Midweek, another ep of Atlantis...

1. Forgot that Todd still hadn't got his name by the end of this ep.

2. Forgot how much distrust we were still treating Woolsey with at this point, particularly Sam who had 'plenty' of history with him.

3. And that Teyla still hadn't revealed her pregnancy yet.

4. Again, great stuff bnetween Shep and Sam.

Good ep.
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

"Perhaps the future is pre-determined by the character of those who shape it. One thing has been clear to me from the moment I set foot in this city: the galaxy is at a crossroads. Never before have I sensed that the future of so many worlds can turn on the actions of so few."

This episode has one of my favorite guest stars of all time. I always really liked Davos. He has that wise mentallity with or without his vision abilities. He says the kind of things my late grandfather used to say. Thier is something that resonates with me. Ever since Reunion we have known about the Replicator-Wraith War but it has been in the background. Simliar to the Dominion War in STS9. So I like this episode for bringing up the war some more and uping the ante by showing how sinister the Asurans are. Its strange how we were happy they were attacking the Wraith and now we want them to stop. This episode is also good because it brings back Todd. I have always liked Todd because he seems like an ally in how he has helped us out with many times. But he is also a Wraith meaning we can't trust him. The stuff about continuing the missing Athosian seemed tacked on in this episode to just get Davos in Atlantis. I didin't really care for the Carter proving herself a comptent leader in this episode with Wosley antagonizing her. After 10 seasons of SG1 we already know what her leadership abilities are.

That reminds me of the Carter and Weir wars on GW. Remember FH? Good times.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        That reminds me of the Carter and Weir wars on GW. Remember FH? Good times.
                        I vividly remember those. Good times.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

My LiveJournal post
                          Good stuff. Welcome back, Todd.
                          "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                          "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                          "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                          "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
                            (Also didn't that happen on SG-1 as well, someone trying to wipe out Goa'uld hosts?)
                            It was the Re'tu.

As for the vision Davos shows Sam, that's not neccesarily Atlantis that's destroyed. It could be a different city-ship. Atlantis isn't the only one, they've seen, what, at least two others...
                            At the time, it appears to be Atlantis because the vision shows the city populated with base personnel wearing the uniforms of the Pegasus expedition. If it showed Lantean-dressed people, it would be obviously not Atlantis, as we know there are no Lanteans there now. They kept it rather ambiguous on purpose, and we only later learn that the 'Atlantis' destroyed was inhabited by Asurans posing as the Pegasus group.

Otherwise, good review!
                            Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

Ah, OK. Oh yes, the Re'tu, my memory sucks
                              Thanks Urban Spaceman.
                              "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                              "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                              "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                              "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                              >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Welcome back Woolsey
                                Welcome back Todd !!

Good ep

Comment

Working...
                                X